• Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xxxxAlexis Maria Cartwright
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

Anyone can fall to corruption
- - -

Alexis sat up when she heard someone at the door and noticed it was Jason. "Okay thanks, you can come in by the way," she said back and stood up and grabbed the flash drive and turned her computer off. Her computer was protected with a password that most people couldn't guess which was her biological little sister's name, Diana. They couldn't guess it because people didn't know she had a little sister and that was the point. She made sure everything was turned off since she got scolded for wasting power if she didn't

Maybe it's (CHILDISH) and maybe it's (WRONG)xx
══════════════════════════════ ═ ═ ═ ═

» Status: Healthy
                                                                          » Thoughts: ...
                                                                          » Location: Bedroom
                                                                          » Feelings: Entertained
                                                                          » OOC: Sorry, about this short post, I got serious writer's block...

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image His Royal Highness, The Demon Prince

"And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations." Revelation 13:7

Jason obediently walked into the room and glanced around as if he hadn't seen it before through the eyes of his demons. He was mostly interested in the computer where the images had been stored. He was probably over reacting. They would think it was a corrupt image or something. The glorious thing about the new age was how very willing people were to be ignorant of the world around them. Disbelief was in style and it suited Jason just fine.

"How's your day been?" He asked Alexis as he glanced at the flashdrive. The not so glorious thing about the new age was the infinite ability to make copies of everything. He would have to track down every part of this file.

Breaking into her computer would probably not be that difficult. Doing so quickly might take a little longer. If the spectre had been watching carefully enough it might have picked up on any passwords she had typed, which would be convenient. But Jason did not want to hope for too much.

He just had to wait until she left the room, hopefully leaving him in there.

"Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit." Revelation 18:2

((That's alright. I have some ideas for the art show if you'll let me play with what paintings are there.))

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Her eyes gingerly watched him as he looked around the room, she didn't want to make him think she was staring at him. That was often the case though, something about him always interested her whenever she saw him like there was a secret behind what she saw. Alexis shrugged and said, "I will tell you more in a moment, I have to give this to my mother so hold on for a moment." She hurried out of the room and down to the studio. Creaking the door open her mother stopped midstroke to look over at Alexis and held her hand out waiting to be graced with the flash drive. The two didn't even need to exchange words as Alexis gave it to her and the next second she was already out the door and almost in the house again. Alexis had to stop in the kitchen though as the phone rang. The girl answered it professionaly and simply then realized it was her father. They started to carry out a short conversation as he was on his way home for lunch.

» OOC: Oh yeah be my guest, I had no ideas what so ever for the art show.

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

"And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations." Revelation 13:7

Jason smiled at Alexis when he realized she was staring at him. He liked that--it was good that she was drawn to him. People generally were attracted to the darker sides of things, even if they preferred not to admit it. There was something enticing about it. All the secrecy, the excitement, the danger, it was irresistible. THey would find too late how dire the costs for that excitement were.

"I'll be here." He told her as she left the room. The second she was out of the room he flipped open the computer and began attempting the hack in. The spectre had seen part of the password, but not the whole thing, which left Jason only a minute or so to guess at the true key.

It took him a few minutes, but he'd read her file and managed to get it right. Finding the file was simple after that. He deleted it and turned the computer back off.

Now he just had to get to the pesky flash drive.

That was in Karen's hands now, far out of his reach. He hoped she would get distracted and leave it for a while. Jason might need to pay a midnight visit to the studio to eliminate the evidence of his demonic dealings.

Mission partially accomplished, Jason set about trying to look nonchalant in Alexis' room. He wondered if he could get her to go out with him that night. They could have some fun. If he took her out of town they would probably be able to make sure there was no angelic interference. Dominic had been quiet for a while. Jason was not entirely sure what the holy creature was doing, but hopefully it wasn't too annoying.

"Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit." Revelation 18:2

((Sweet. When we get to it then.))

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

She placed the phone back on the reciever once he hung up and trutted back up to her room. Alexis hoped Jason wasn't the type to snoop into personal lives, even though the front of him told her no there was something else that said she should worry. With this small pang of fear she rushed quietly up the stairs. Upon reaching the door she stopped and slowly opened it with the mask that didn't show any sign of worry to the human eye. "Sorry that took so long, I had to get the phone," Alexis explained to him and sat at the foot of her bed. She took another look at him and had no idea why she worried, he didn't look like he would even be interested in her past, unlike most people. I have been wrong before though.

» OOC: Sorry for the colossal wait, I feel so bad.

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

"No problem." She looked a little flustered. She had certainly seemed suspicious when she walked in the room. Probably thought the worst of him. Which was to say she thought correctly, but she did not need to know that. With such a tragic past it made sense for her to be less than trusting of random people in her bedroom. Jason could relate. He had killed Abel so many centuries before after all.

"Is everything alright? You look...concerned."
Kind, sensitive demon. That was what Jason had to be. Sometimes he loved his job. He took a seat next to Alexis and tried to look properly sympathetic.

((Considering how long I've made you wait this summer, you have nothing to feel bad about. ^-^ ))

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Terra's eyes watched him sit next to her then gently shook her head, her hair moving slowly around her. "Everything is fine, nothing to worry about," she lied to him. Terra hated lying to people, but after a while she had mastered it. You couldn't exactly go around telling people she shot her own father especially if she was being watched by the police. They worked hard to keep her a secret to the entire community. She couldn't even see her own little sister anymore. Terra moved her foot and felt the box with all her secrets in it or everything from her past life, even the stuff that wasn't in police records. Her foot quickly kicked it farther under the bed so you couldn't see it unless you were looking for it. The box even had secrets from her past life that no one knew, I guess I shouldn't really have that under my bed where it would be obvious to look for.

» OOC: I should be on more though since I got the internet working properly again and the motivation to get on.

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

She was a fairly practiced liar, but no teenager was going to be able to pull one over Jason's eyes. Especially not with such a simple deceit. Please, Alexis. I'm the king of lies. I practically started sin. "That's what they all say. Hey, you can trust me. I'm a good listener." He leaned over so that he could see past her curtain of hair to look into her eyes. Jason smiled warmly and gave her his most sincere expression.

((I should be on more often as well, now that my summer job is over. I do go back to school this week but I'll be able to be online.

Also, you changed Alexis' name. xD))

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Alexis gathered the curtain her hair created and tucked it behind her ear. She looked over at him and took a breath then said, "The anniversay of when I became an orphan is the day of my mother's art show." Alexis was almost getting tired of the lies, but she wasn't going to tell Jason everything. She had only known him for a few days so far. Alexis sat up straight and looked over at him then weakly smiled. This time of year had a way of upsetting her somehow even though it was her fault. The thing that always bothered her most was not being able to see her little sister, Diana. I wonder if she still is innocent, she would be what, thirteen now? She wondered to herself.

» OOC: I am sorry, didn't mean to. I am in two other roleplays and I am a Terra in both.
the lies, but she wasn't going to tell Jason everything. She had only known him for a few days so far. Alexis sat up straight and looked over at him then weakly smiled. This time of year had a way of upsetting her somehow even though it was her fault. The thing that always bothered her most was not being able to see her little sister, Diana. I wonder if she still is innocent, she would be what, thirteen now? She wondered to herself.

» OOC: I am sorry, didn't mean to. I am in two other roleplays and I am a Terra in both.

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

"Ah, I see." Jason wondered if he should remember the anniversary of his own first murder, but then calendars had changed so often since then it might be impossible to figure out the exact date. But it was something to think about. "That must be hard for you."

Jason put a hand on her knee supportively. "You know, the past will always follow you, but it doesn't have to give the directions. You don't have to always feel sad. You can always choose to feel differently. I find when I have...bad memories, the best way to feel better is make new ones." New, fun, decadent ones. How far could she be pushed this weekend? Normally he would not dare to push her close to the edge this soon, but with such terrible memories hanging over her? She would be willing to do so much more.

((No problem.))

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Alexis watched him and listened to what he said about the past. It sounded almost odd to hear, but I guess she could accept it. It was like she was upset, she was happy to have that devil called her father out of her life but every year it just reminded her that she wasn't their actual daughter. "Thanks, I will try," she told him and smiled. He seemed nice and everything, but that nagging wouldn't leave still, like all the pieces were there, but something didn't match up. I am probably just nervous about this weekend, these art shows always do that.

» OOC: I got a serious case of writers block...

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

"Speaking of new memories, did you want to go somewhere tonight or are you feeling too melancholy? I'll leave you be if you want to brood for a while. I get like that sometimes." When one had all of time it was easy to just let it slide past, doing nothing but dwelling in hatred. It was not productive but when one did not have a future, why care? Jason knew where he was going when it all ended. He had dwelt in hopelessness for many years before discovering the power of stealing souls. Now he just needed to collect as many as he could before the end came, then he could take his rightful place as king of hell.

((We can skip to the art show if you want. If they go somewhere I can bring Dominic back in and make up something interesting. It's up to you.))

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Alexis smiled and laughed a bit and shook her head, "I am in no need of brooding, but mom is sending me on all her errands. So i can't really do a whole lot today. Then tomorrow is filled with actually organizing the place." Alexis had a pretty busy day planned and until the actual art show. She stood up and stretched her arms out to the ceiling. When they fell to her sides again she turned around and asked, "I will see you on sunday though right?"

» OOC: Sure we can skip, do you want to start the skip though.

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

"I will definitely be there on Sunday. I'll see you then, Alexis." Slightly disappointed but still full of promise, Jason made his way out of the house and to his car. The days between then and the show were long and tedious. He did not see Alexis in that time, something that irked him. He had always liked to see the results of his labors. He could be patient, but Jason liked seeing progress first hand. The time he was away from her was stagnant and that was unacceptable.

But he had to grit his teeth and bare it for the sake of the mission. So much depended on this soul. He could not ruin it by being clingy.

It was with great anticipation that he entered the art show on Sunday. He eagerly searched the crowds for his target, but did not immediately find her. Instead--much to his dismay--he found Dominic. He would be there. Jason clenched his teeth and tried to shove his temper down. Losing it here would be horribly detrimental to the cause.

Jason chose not to immediately go to the angel and instead went to look at the art. He recognized much of it as Alexis's mother's, but other artists had joined the show as well. One artist in particular had chosen an interesting theme that Jason found highly ironic. His corner of the show centered around the theme of lost innocence. Many of the pieces boasted tragic shoots of children in chains or people falling to war and desolation. The art flowed along a progression of time, pictures of children matched with scenes from the beginnings of time flowed into older people matched with newer ages until it ended with a very modern picture matched to an older woman chained to a rocking chair surrounded by emptiness.

The demon found this interesting, but was mostly interested in the beginnings of the exhibit, where his own family was pictured. There was an absurdly erotic picture of Adam and Eve with the epochal apple. Jason tried not to snicker. His parents had never looked quite like that, inside or outside the Garden of Eden.

Next down the line was an illustration of himself, standing over the beaten corpse of Abel. Cain looked almost mournful in the picture, which was strange. Jason remembered that as one of his most triumphant moments, but artistic license was artistic license. The great, horned shadow looming up behind his image and dragging at his arms must have been Satan. The next scene over had some sort of beastly transformation, showing his marked figure and the loss of his original body as God cursed him.

That moment had been tragic. Jason winced to think of it.

It was while he was reminiscing that the angel came next to him.

"It's a good likeness. They captured your blackened and rotting soul." Dominic said without any greeting.

"I rather prefer to think of it as the improved soul, Dommie." Jason responded with a sneer. "I bet there are some paintings of Russians being tortured around here somewhere. We can see if you're in one. Oh but wait, you weren't remotely important to anything historical so no one would care enough to paint you."

"I have received my reward in heaven, I have no need of any earthly recognition." Dominic replied evenly.

"Naturally." Jason rolled his eyes. "Well, if you have your reward get back to it. Your interference is not appreciated."

"I do not take orders from demons."

"Not yet." Jason answered with a smirk. "But stick around long enough and we'll see where you're loyalties lie."

Dominic merely frowned at him and then went back to studying the paintings. "Do you not regret your actions? He was your brother--"

"He was a pompous self-righteous idiot. He had it coming. And now I'm the prince of Hell--soon to be king. There is nothing to regret." Jason replied flatly.

Dominic gave him a pitying look. "You will never see Heaven, is that nothing?"

"Nothing." Jason muttered, then glanced around to see if anyone was there to overhear their conversation. It would not do for someone to start questioning.

((Alexis can have overheard as much as you would like her too.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Between plane flights and school starting I haven't had time to sit down until now.

Oh, it just occurred to me... You do know the story of Cain and Abel, right? I don't know if you're buddhist or something and never studied it.))

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Alexis watched him leave and sat back onto the bed. The next day or two was a blur since it seemed that since her mother seemed to be in charge even though there were other artists in the show. Her mother decided it was a good idea to make Alexis in charge of organizing the actual art pieces. She hated it when she was stuck with this work and it seemed ot happen more than she wanted.

She had finally made it through the preparing days and finally got to actually go and enjoy the art. Alexis got dressed in one of the dresses she had picked out a few days beforehand along with a simple pair of black heels to go with it. Her hair was tied in a ponytail that rested over her right shoulder and gracefully fell in soft curls like usual. Alexis had just gotten through the doors and walked around a bit. She was walking along a wall when she heard Dominic's voice on the other side. She couldn't hear what he said but she was about to greet him when she heard Jason reply. Before she reached the end of the wall she leaned her back against it softly so she could hear the conversation. Alexis did this often with her old family, she had leaned against the wall to hear conversations and see if she needed to sneak her sister and herself out of the house for a bit.

Alexis listened to what they said, in a way it made no sense but in another way it made complete sense. It would only make sense if she believed everything they were talking about, It might not make sense even then. She emptied her head and just absorbed the conversation in her head to mull over it later.

Alexis stood up when the conversation ended and walked away from the two of them. She let out a deep sigh and played with a curl in her hair as she thought. "I should just ignore what I heard, I don't even know what they were really talking about..." Alexis walked slowly in front of some paintings and tried thinking at the same time. Maybe I will ask one of them,
                                          she thought to herself crossing her arms behind her back.

» Thoughts: What was that conversation about?
                                                                          » Location: Art Show
                                                                          » Feelings: Confused
                                                                          » OOC: Hope that works and I didn't really know the story but now I do. Also I am not really part of any religion, I am not against religion or anything just there isn't one I am really interested in or willing to dedicate myself to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff