Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image His Royal Highness, The Demon Prince

"And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations." Revelation 13:7

Jason agreed that tourism would ruin the picture, but it was in man's nature to destroy things, even when they wanted to do good. He smiled as she moved closer but hesitated to answer her question. While he did know, he was not supposed to know and explaining how he had found out would be troublesome. It was an odd question to ask. He had half expected her to accuse him of being a demon. But that was not how the modern days worked. No one saw spirits in every illness and the work of the devil in misfortune. The disbelief of the modern age was a beautiful thing something. But it was only amplified now, signs had never really convinced anyone of anything before. People held to their assumptions. He could spontaneously burst into flames and Alexis would probably not believe he was anything other than human.

So it was only natural that she would ask a question on a topic she was familiar with (namely herself) and could comprehend without having to accept God and other-wordly beings.

Jason shrugged in response. "Parents are dead or you were abused. Or both. Those are the usual reasons people get adopted. Why? Sordid past you want to tell me about?"

"Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit." Revelation 18:2

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xxxxAlexis Maria Cartwright
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

Anyone can fall to corruption
- - -

Alexis smiled a bit, it made her a bit happier for him to know that she didn't kill one of her parents. Even though in Alexis' opinion it was self defense, court doesn't agree with her there though. "It isn't really something you need to concern yourself with actually, it was odd of me to ask anyways." She looked over at him and gave a smile in a way of reassuring him, At least I don't really have to worry about him knowing, I have already moved through one town becuase someone knew the truth.

Alexis looked back to the sunset and the thoughts made her think of the past which some of them were pretty bad memories she didn't like thinking of. She remembered when she sed to sing, she hadn't done that for ages. Alexis used to be really good, but never kept up with it when she moved. Ugh, stop thinking about it. Alexis looked over at Jason and said, "I just realized I have told you a bunch about me, but I don't really know that much about you.

Maybe it's (CHILDISH) and maybe it's (WRONG)xx
══════════════════════════════ ═ ═ ═ ═

» Status: Healthy
                                                                          » Thoughts: A little odd
                                                                          » Location: In Jason's Car
                                                                          » Feelings: Serious
                                                                          » OOC:

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

"And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations." Revelation 13:7

Jason raised his eyebrows at her quick back track. "In my experience, people don't usually randomly bring up things without purpose. But you never have to tell me anything you don't want to." He assured her gently. "I would never make you do anything you didn't want to." That wasn't to say he wouldn't try and get her to want bad things, but it was always her choice in the end. God had given them all free will. He could make no choice for her.

"So you want to hear about my sordid past?" Jason laughed. "Well, ask away, but certain secrets have a price. Deeper questions get traded for."

"Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit." Revelation 18:2

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Alexis nodded and thought for a moment about a question she could ask. While thinking she turned around and hoisted herself on the wall so her back was towards the lake. 'First question, What is your family like?" She was being pretty simple with common things that she could be just curious about. Alexis knew she couldn't keep track of if he was telling the truth so she came up with some sort of compromise with herself more than anything. "I would love it if you told the truth, even if just a bit." She said with a smile and looked at him for his fanswer to her question.

» OOC: Sorry it is short.

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Jason chuckled softly at her request that he tell the truth. "What's the fun in that? There's limitless possibilities of what I could be! And how would you know?" Jason sobered quickly though and stared out over the landscape. It was getting darker--they would probably not be able to see well soon, but they had some time.

"Alright, family. Let's see." He was the first baby ever born on earth. Absolutely everyone on earth was related to him. Alexis was technically his many thousand generation niece. "Well, pretty much everyone in my immediate family is dead now, so they're kind of like a bunch of decomposed mush." Abel was probably a tree by now. It was serve him right to have become part of Cain's farm. "I've recently adopted a younger sister. I live with someone I call uncle but who is not actually my uncle."

It was probably the least helpful or specific description of family she had ever heard, but it was all true, which was what she had asked for.

"So I'm pretty much alone in the family department. That one was free. Next question."

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Alexis rolled her eyes a bit at the being truthful comment and smiled. She listened to his answer and nodded just in a understanding and listening way. That sucks that he doesn't have parents or anything anymore, she thought to herself. He didn't seem to be upset so she didn't make a deal of it, instead she thought about her next question. "Okay, Is Jason your real name?" There was no connection from this question to the previous but she was trying to be spontaneous. Also she was curious, Alexis wasn't her original name.

She lightly swung her legs letting her heel hit the stone with a soft thud. Alexis tucked some of her hair behind her ear as she looked at him and started studying his features for an unkown reason.

» OOC:

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

"You're clever." Jason commented with a wry grin. He wondered how she had guessed that. Maybe Dominic had said something. Or perhaps his generally secretive demeanor had simply implied that he wouldn't be using his real name. "Jason Russo is not the name I was given when I was born, but it is what I've been going by for the past several years. It's a good name. I like it."

She was watching him very carefully. He needed to be completely on top of his expressions lest they betray something he did not want her to know just yet.

"If you want to know my original name, you'll have to tell me some secret though. And it'd have to be good. My name is not something to be toyed with."

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Alexis bit her lower lip thinking about a secret that she could tell in exchange, and thought that maybe two in one could work. She then had to rack her brain of her secrets, "My birth name is Michelle Everdeen. Also I have a younger sister who lives with my mother." She looked at him then asked, "Does that work?" If they weren't alone and she was being watched by her fun bodyguards (or the police) She would be in huge trouble by now. Alexis moved herself a bit so she faced him a bit better, and it was a bit more comfortable on the wall. Better than standing in her opinion. She was still sort of watching him and waiting for him to respond, she had quite a few secrets piled up.

» Location: Secret Spot
                                                                          » OOC:

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

"Michelle, huh? That's pretty. Why did you change it?" Jason already knew this, of course, but having her tell him made everything so much easier. "Why are you separate from your sister?" He also knew that answer, but again he wanted her to tell him.

Jason turned around in his place to lean his back against the wall and tilt his head up at the sky. One or two brave stars had poked their heads out through the clouds.

"But I'm not supposed to be asking you questions, am I? I suppose a name for a name is a fair trade. I have had many names over the years. My name was Cain but I took on the name of Mahan later and now I am Jason." He threw in the extra name in the hopes of distracting her from the first one. He wanted to tell her a bit of the truth in a situation where he could control what information she got and how. This way if she understood the significance of the name then she could be guided to better perspectives.

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Alexis didn't answer but just smiled at him sort of telling him that he wasn't going to get his questions answered by her at the moment. When she finally found out his first original name she thought about it for a moment and said, "I like the name, "Cain". It is actually one of my favorite names." Alexis smiled at him and said, "I guess it isn't totally fair to just keep asking you questions if you don't get to ask a few of your own, so I will answer your questions as well, and I will be truthful."

It was sunset now which means it made Alexis turn her head to watch it shine a bright orange in the sky. Then she asked without looking at him, Why did you change your name?" The clouds looked like streams of orange and pink reaching towards the sun. It sort of shined in Alexis' eyes, but even though she seemed distracted she was waiting for Jason to talk.

» OOC:

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Jason raised his eyebrows in surprise. She liked the name Cain? Really? She must not have known what it meant, otherwise she would have understood. It wasn't a bad sounding name, but it carried such a stigma that he could not keep it and expect to do what he needed to. In modern times the memory of his actions had faded from the majority of memories, but there were always those few who would remember and question.

"I called myself Mahan in a moment of deep rebelliousness. You know, crazy teenager stuff. I figured I was the king of the world and should have a name to suit it." He still thought he should be the king of the world, but he knew a flashy archaic name was not enough to get it. He sighed, a wistful expression crossing his face. "Jason is just easier. It's recognizable without standing out, and it doesn't carry quite so much baggage if you know what I mean. I fit in better."

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Alexis nodded and looked back at him, she knew the story of Cain and Abel, but that was't what she thought about. Especially if she wasn't actually religious. She never had been even though her biological parents were, she didn't believe because when she was thoroughly abused no one came to help her. Alexis still had a few scars from that time.

Alexis knew her next question was probably be going to ask for somethng big, "What were you and Dominic talking about at the art show earlier?" She was completely serious this time and her eyes clearly showed it. Alexis knew it was bad to eavesdrop but people had done worse things to get information and hers was by simple accident.

She hoped thatshe would find out the truth but there was also the deal that he could jus as easily lie to her. That is probably what is going to happen also." she thought to herself and had a mental sigh.

» OOC:

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

"I wondered if you'd ask about that." He said with a sigh. He turned to face Alexis straight on. "And here I was hoping my good looks would sufficiently distract you. Ah well." He pushed himself up onto the wall, throwing one leg over so he straddled it.

"Your little Russian friend has some very firm opinions on ethical issues. He's an interesting kid. We were talking about judgment and life and eternal salvation." He answered truthfully, if vaguely. "A little bit about family. But you know the rules. If you want anything deeper, you're going to have to pay for it." Jason was surprised to find that he really wanted to tell her the whole truth. Something in her hopeful expression made him want to explain things. That was a dangerous line of thought, one he would need to squash quickly. He would have to read very carefully through this conversation.

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Alexis laughed a bit and shook her head then watched him get on the wall facing her. She watched him and listened to his short response. It was more than Dominic had told her, but she knew what she would have to tell to probably get all of it. "Fine," She paused for a moment, this was hard to say sometimes even after so long. "I...killed my biological father about two years ago." Alexis had held her breath while she said it and quietly took a normal breath and shrugged at Jason.

She hoped more than anything in the world that he would not tell anyone since she would have to move again if he did. "Please tell me that is enough," she asked, that was hard enough for her to admit to herself sometimes, she just wanted to forget her entire past didn't exist and that Karen and Matthew were her real parents. Alexis didn't expect him to be surprised or anything since in this world these things almost seemed to be common, well murder was at least.

Alexis moved so her knees were on the top of the wall, but her legs still hung over the side a bit. She was a little nervous because of what she had just said so she played with a curl in her hair to attempt and preoccupy herself.

» OOC:

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Jason had expected her to hold that one in a little longer. She must have been desperate to know the truth to tell him her biggest secret. But now Jason was not sure how to react. He already knew this information but he was no supposed to. A normal person would be beyond shocked and might leave. He was not normal. But how did one pretend to be surprised and still be supportive?

He decided to make a joke out of it. "It's always the pretty ones that are really murderers." Jason said. He gave her a brief smile and reached over to cup her chin. He made sure she was looking at him before continuing, "If it's true that feels like a deep enough secret to deserve some reward."

He brushed her hair back from her face and gently tucked the errant curl behind her ear. "I wonder how much you would believe..." He mused softly, eyes distant. "Perhaps I should begin by saying you aren't the only criminal on this wall right now. Let me ask one more question before I tell you. What do you believe about God?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff