Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ferocious Bunny

Toki Bird
Anyone else think Kaoru in the new photos looks like Johnny Depp?

I've seen a lot of comments like that but imo he's much better looking. That's saying something since I've been following JD almost his entire career. Yeah I'm that old. I really want to just play with his hair and pet it lol. Sexy guy with tats and long hair and I'm putty.

O.G. Rabbit

Toki Bird
Anyone else think Kaoru in the new photos looks like Johnny Depp?

I think he looks like a cross of Carlos Santana and Johnny Depp. I mean, the facial hair, the hat, the guitar... You can really see the similarity watching them perform.

Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
He confuses me so much... he's such an agressive sounding drummer but he is so delicate.... I really love him though, he can sometimes be more entertaining than Kyo during a show, if you watch everyone they are performing, playing a song for you that you love etc. Shinya is making music, not playing an instrument but MAKING MUSIC he looks so lost in his drumming its amazing.

I've noticed this too! It's a little hard for me to see him at lives (I'm a smidge over five feet :/) but watching him is mesmerizing.

In a relationship with akanemutt13

Magical Girl

BTW is this new from the OHP?

"With a strong following in Europe and America, this rock band that warrants no categorization, DIR EN GREY, continues to garner attention across the globe.
 Since their formation in 1997 followed by their debut outside of Japan, the band has continued to evolved in their sound and visuals but one thing remains carved in stone; their attitude to relentlessly delve deeper into their music. Many trends have come and gone, many songs were put out to be lost among others that hold no meaning but DIR EN GREY survived because of that attitude. It is no question that their creations transcend all genres and borders."

O.G. Rabbit

Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D

"With a strong following in Europe and America, this rock band that warrants no categorization, DIR EN GREY, continues to garner attention across the globe.
 Since their formation in 1997 followed by their debut outside of Japan, the band has continued to evolved in their sound and visuals but one thing remains carved in stone; their attitude to relentlessly delve deeper into their music. Many trends have come and gone, many songs were put out to be lost among others that hold no meaning but DIR EN GREY survived because of that attitude. It is no question that their creations transcend all genres and borders."

The exact same thing something extremely similar was printed in my copy of Vulgar from 2006, in the European version.
I don't know how long it's been on the OHP though.

Magical Girl

~shalle~la~rilla~
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D

The exact same thing something extremely similar was printed in my copy of Vulgar from 2006, in the European version.
I don't know how long it's been on the OHP though.

I know it's the OHP but it's soooooo damn accurate!

Magical Girl

Music Clip
01. 激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇 (Hageshisa to, Kono Mune no Naka de Karamitsuita Shakunetsu no Yami)
02. LOTUS
03. DIFFERENT SENSE
04. 輪郭 (Rinkaku)
05. Unraveling (Restricted Ver.)
06. SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH
07. 空谷の跫音 (Kuukoku no Kyouon)
08. Revelation of mankind (Restricted Ver.)
09. 鱗 (Uroko)

Making of Music Clip
01. 激しさと、この胸の中で絡み付いた灼熱の闇 (Hageshisa to, Kono Mune no Naka de Karamitsuita Shakunetsu no Yami)
02. LOTUS
03. DIFFERENT SENSE
04. Unraveling
05. Revelation of mankind
06. 鱗 (Uroko)

Tracklist for the new $50 DVD, raises some questions... looking at you Toki

Magical Girl

Here's this... finally

Magical Girl

O.G. Rabbit

has anyone gotten their copy of average sorrow yet?

Magical Girl

~shalle~la~rilla~

has anyone gotten their copy of average sorrow yet?

Oh that what I frogot, better get back on me boat with a bottle of rum.

Also THAAAAAAAAAANK YOU!!!

EDIT: ********, I cried....

Tipsy Kitten

Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Music Clip
02. LOTUS
03. DIFFERENT SENSE
04. 輪郭 (Rinkaku)
06. SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH
09. 鱗 (Uroko)

Making of Music Clip
02. LOTUS
03. DIFFERENT SENSE
04. Unraveling
06. 鱗 (Uroko)

What did I do? I'm so out of the loop.

I finally listened to Arche for the first time yesterday. I think the reason why I never listened to it was because I was in denial that they could top DSS, and I was also attached to that album emotionally, so I didn't want that era to be over.

Magical Girl

Toki Bird
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Music Clip
02. LOTUS
03. DIFFERENT SENSE
04. 輪郭 (Rinkaku)
06. SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH
09. 鱗 (Uroko)

Making of Music Clip
02. LOTUS
03. DIFFERENT SENSE
04. Unraveling
06. 鱗 (Uroko)

I finally listened to Arche for the first time yesterday. I think the reason why I never listened to it was because I was in denial that they could top DSS, and I was also attached to that album emotionally, so I didn't want that era to be over.

I may be wrong and I was lazy to look back but one of you one here said something about how they asked about one of the PVs on here and Nora was like "the director could not finish his work" looks like it was finished though.

Pretty glad to hear that you FINALLY listened to it!

Tipsy Kitten

Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Toki Bird
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Music Clip
02. LOTUS
03. DIFFERENT SENSE
04. 輪郭 (Rinkaku)
06. SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH
09. 鱗 (Uroko)

Making of Music Clip
02. LOTUS
03. DIFFERENT SENSE
04. Unraveling
06. 鱗 (Uroko)

I may be wrong and I was lazy to look back but one of you one here said something about how they asked about one of the PVs on here and Nora was like "the director could not finish his work" looks like it was finished though.

Yeah I thought of that day when I watched the video. The way they answered it was strange. They were like hesitant to answer it so I really don't know what all happened.
Maybe there was just a dispute from what the band wanted and what the director wanted, idk.

I wish I hadn't waited. idk, it's hard to explain. Just weird feelings and sentiments about DSS. I couldn't let it go. But I guess now it's like I finally can.

O.G. Rabbit

the making-of footage on average sorrow is incredibly cool. Kyo looks like a total crazy when he's lip syncing, and his dancing is just... I don't even know. The shoot for Uroko was snazzy because they all played in this plexiglass box thing and just seeing how everything was recorded was fun.

that said, I'm now rewatching the code of vulgarism 2004 dvd and it's been so long that I didn't realize how young Die used to look O_O and Kyo's voice is so different. And also, forgot about Shinya's regrettable cornrows rofl

Magical Girl

Toki Bird
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Toki Bird
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Music Clip
02. LOTUS
03. DIFFERENT SENSE
04. 輪郭 (Rinkaku)
06. SUSTAIN THE UNTRUTH
09. 鱗 (Uroko)

Making of Music Clip
02. LOTUS
03. DIFFERENT SENSE
04. Unraveling
06. 鱗 (Uroko)

Yeah I thought of that day when I watched the video. The way they answered it was strange. They were like hesitant to answer it so I really don't know what all happened.
Maybe there was just a dispute from what the band wanted and what the director wanted, idk.

I wish I hadn't waited. idk, it's hard to explain. Just weird feelings and sentiments about DSS. I couldn't let it go. But I guess now it's like I finally can.

That's pretty deep Toki but as I'm sure I said before I'm glad to hear you finally gave it a shot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff