lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
JamesWN
...? Was it a boiled egg?
That is what I was wondering how can it hurt her if it was just an egg, However if you throw a penny off a skyscraper and it hit's someone on the ground it can kill them. I am guessing throwing an egg from a fast moving vehicle can do just that.

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
Serenity Of Crown Royal
Was this one of those fancy decorative eggs?
It does not need to be, more of the speed it hit the woman, like if you throw water balloons off a balcony it can hurt someone or of you throw a penny off a high rise building or skyscraper it can kill someone that it hits.
FirstBornTriplet
JamesWN
That is what I was wondering how can it hurt her if it was just an egg, However if you throw a penny off a skyscraper and it hit's someone on the ground it can kill them. I am guessing throwing an egg from a fast moving vehicle can do just that.

False

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
JamesWN

Probably not. Even raw eggs can do some damage. You ever see those stunts where people try to crack as many eggs as they can with their foreheads? They tend to end it mildly concussed and with blood running down their face. Eggs are hard. And if you hit the right spot, such as right behind the ear where the temporal artery is located, you can take a person down with 'em.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
FirstBornTriplet
JamesWN

Eggs are actually quite hard. There's a reason most folks gotta whack 'em on the side of bowls to crack them. That coupled with WHERE she was hit (behind the ear, where the temporal artery is), it'd lead to a one hit take down.

Magical Bunny

14,350 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
its not funny getting hit with eggs i almost got hit by an egg on halloween 1yr but i was lucky the ppl that threw it couldnt aim so i didnt get hit but its still not funny. evil
xXFurygeistXx
JamesWN

Probably not. Even raw eggs can do some damage. You ever see those stunts where people try to crack as many eggs as they can with their foreheads? They tend to end it mildly concussed and with blood running down their face. Eggs are hard. And if you hit the right spot, such as right behind the ear where the temporal artery is located, you can take a person down with 'em.

The superficial temporal artery is found in front of the ear and is bigger than the posterior auricular artery which is a terminal branch of the external carotid and is unsurprisingly found behind the ear. I guess the biggest potential issue would be an extradural haematoma due to rupture of the middle meningeal artery secondary to a fracture at the pterion but would a simple egg be able to do that? Probably not, even at a push, although some people trip over a curb, fall from standing height and die later in hospital or in this case lose consciousness, whilst others can be hit by a brick or bullseye their windscreen in an RTA and walk away perfectly fine. From what I've seen, luck plays a big part in it. What's interesting is how this head injury has presented - a focal impact with the loss of consciousness typical of diffuse injury.

5,350 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200
What the heck!!!!!!
JamesWN

More like frozen...

Hilarious Puppy

Unconscious? I guess you could say those eggs forced that woman's consciousness to leave her... emotion_dealwithit shell.

YYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Okay. That was pretty bad. I didn't have any good knock out jokes. Would knock knock jokes be appropriate then? emotion_facepalm Of course not. Knock knock jokes are never appropriate. Darn.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
MegaTurkey
xXFurygeistXx
JamesWN

The superficial temporal artery is found in front of the ear and is bigger than the posterior auricular artery which is a terminal branch of the external carotid and is unsurprisingly found behind the ear. I guess the biggest potential issue would be an extradural haematoma due to rupture of the middle meningeal artery secondary to a fracture at the pterion but would a simple egg be able to do that? Probably not, even at a push, although some people trip over a curb, fall from standing height and die later in hospital or in this case lose consciousness, whilst others can be hit by a brick or bullseye their windscreen in an RTA and walk away perfectly fine. From what I've seen, luck plays a big part in it. What's interesting is how this head injury has presented - a focal impact with the loss of consciousness typical of diffuse injury.

Well, if she had been drinking (she was in front of a bar, so it's possible), that probably added to it.
And I doubt a chicken egg could cause a fracture. Certainly bad bruising and lacerations should it break, but it'd break before it'd fracture bones. Now if it had been an ostrich egg, that's another story. I could believe a hairline fracture from an ostrich egg. Gotta take a drill to those suckers to crack 'em open. But I doubt they were throwing ostrich eggs. You want bang for your buck, and ostrich eggs are big and expensive and don't fit in small half dozen cartons very well. Plus you'd have to toss 'em like a football and just all around not the best choice for drive by egging.

Nocturnaldusk's Compadre

Shirtless Noob

8,550 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Converting 100 items 100
That is brutual

Beloved Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hero 100
When they find them, they need to be arrested. This s**t is NOT funny.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff