Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Seattle police searched on Friday for a vandal who hurled an egg at a woman standing outside a local bar, striking her in the head and knocking her unconscious in an apparently random drive-by attack, officials said.

The woman had been standing with several friends when someone in a passing truck let loose a volley of eggs early Tuesday, Seattle police said in a news release.

One of the eggs struck the victim directly behind her ear, knocking her unconscious, police said. An employee of the bar was also struck by an egg but wasn't injured.

The woman's friends helped her as she collapsed to the ground and took her a nearby hospital for treatment, police said. Her identity and condition were not immediately released.

Experts say injuries from a jolt or strike to the head from items used as projectiles, such as an egg or tennis ball, have been known to cause injuries ranging from mild concussions to severe brain injuries, as well as death, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Seattle police said witnesses saw the passing truck and they were looking for suspects.

Not nice

Magical Seeker

3,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Shitty tango, but she'll live.

I don't think there really should be much effort in finding the 'vandal' - the city has other things to worry about.

Friendly Explorer

eek Goodness, that's unfortunate.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
...? Was it a boiled egg?

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Vandalism... prank... does not matter. IT'S NOT COOL!!
Hint: nobody likes a dumbass who does that shiit

Adults should know better as should teenagers really. Either way. I bet their excuse is "I did it cause I was bored"

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Cold Sandstorm
Shitty tango, but she'll live.

I don't think there really should be much effort in finding the 'vandal' - the city has other things to worry about.

I hope they do catch them.
When you are knocking people out and sending them to the hospital it is more than just "vandalism".
And though he may not have intended to knock her out it sounds like he did intentionally assault them.
And most likely this is not a one time incident. Most likely the s**t stain has done stuff before and will do so again.
Yes, not as bad a arson or robbing a bank but I still hope they catch them.

Undead Enchantress

Petrified egg?
Hmmm. Behind the ear. Rabbit Egg punch.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
I was on my bike once and someone screamed 'b***h" out the window and hit me with an egg on the back of my head, terrifying because it was night and I did not know what the hell was going on only that the back of my head was wet wtih something (feared blood at the time) those things can be suprising in how hard they can impact.

Still I agree with David, this should be treated as serious and the culprit should be brought to justice for these unwarrented assaults.

OG GO

Some a*****e tossed a beer bottle at my group as we walked home from school some years ago. Screaming profanities, the bottle shattered across the side of my face.

A few months ago a couple of Wiggers rode past my girlfriend on a shitty little moped and horked phlegm spit all over her.

Myself and a few others whom i didn't know got "egged" by some kids in a truck while we were waiting at a bus stop.

This kind of s**t needs to stop. It's not funny.

Ferocious Browser

I got egged in high school while waiting for the bus in the morning. That s**t hurts. It hit me in the ribs hard. I was wearing a poofy skirt so it didn't hurt my legs.

Then I had to run off to try to get that s**t cleaned before the bus came or I'd smell like eggs all day and probably have ruined my clothes to boot.

I wanted to throw a rock back those assholes so badly. They weren't even aiming, there was literally a busload of us at that stop and they just threw a whole bunch out their window.

Hope they catch these assholes and throw eggs at them with a t-shirt launcher or something.

Fluffy Treasure-Seeker

10,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
That poor woman. gonk Whoever did that needs to be caught fast! scream

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
That's messed up and not in anyway humorous.

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
JamesWN
...? Was it a boiled egg?

Eggs are actually pretty tough, I have chickens, and I know for a fact that I can lob one into a field, and they'll bounce a bit but be perfectly fine if they land on a grassy enough spot. And anything moving at enough speed can do damage.

Lonely Wolf

Was this one of those fancy decorative eggs?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff