Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Whisperer

31,725 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Bzzztt
rofl
Do we have to ******** hammer it into these assholes's heads that no student gives a s**t about another person's hair. They might be like "FRESHCUT" or "Oooh nice hair" and then move the ******** on with their lives. If that hair is distracting, I wonder what all the other kids's hair looks like. rolleyes

Thank you.
This rule needs to be abolished from all schools IMO.
Even if one kid has long hair that's spiked in all directions and each spike is dyed a different color, it's not going to be that distracting. Unless their hair was down to their butt, then it might be a distraction... but that'd take a lot of hair spray/cement anyway.
There'd be kids that are like 'ooh that's cool' like you said, but otherwise it wouldn't cause a problem... unless it's somehow really really long like that and they poke people with it. Accidentally or otherwise.
Color changes? No one should give two shits.
Hair cuts? No one should give two shits.
Hair poker, then maybe people should give shits.
Also shaved heads are just as distracting, they give the impression that the person was/is or could be a cancer patient or had gum in their hair and had to have it all shaved or something. It will cause people to ask, then student will explain 'no I had to shave my head because I broke the rules' and will cause other students to hate their school and may even inspire others to do the same. It is not productive, it does not solve anything. It's a distraction that could cause more distractions.

And how 'bout that, a news article from the local paper about how much of a p***k the principle is. What are the students talking about? Oh, maybe the news article since it relates to them... maybe that's distracting now too?

Just let kids/people have their friggen hair however they want it, it really doesn't matter unless they work in food service.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
User Image

Schools just don't seem to know how to be anything other than little enclaves of authoritarianism.

User Image

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
So, they don't have a rule against military haircuts and the school is named after a military hero.
Okay then, good call Mr. Principal. smile

Pure-hearted Werewolf

22,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Millionaire 200
Seriously? This is ridiculous!

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
BerserkLeon

confused What is hair poker?
Ratttking
BerserkLeon

confused What is hair poker?

Considering his post, I'm guessing someone who has hair spiked in all directions and long enough to reach the person's butt when it's not covered in hairspray and hair cement.

Super Streaker

9,175 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
BerserkLeon
Bzzztt
rofl
Do we have to ******** hammer it into these assholes's heads that no student gives a s**t about another person's hair. They might be like "FRESHCUT" or "Oooh nice hair" and then move the ******** on with their lives. If that hair is distracting, I wonder what all the other kids's hair looks like. rolleyes

Thank you.
This rule needs to be abolished from all schools IMO.
Even if one kid has long hair that's spiked in all directions and each spike is dyed a different color, it's not going to be that distracting. Unless their hair was down to their butt, then it might be a distraction... but that'd take a lot of hair spray/cement anyway.
There'd be kids that are like 'ooh that's cool' like you said, but otherwise it wouldn't cause a problem... unless it's somehow really really long like that and they poke people with it. Accidentally or otherwise.
Color changes? No one should give two shits.
Hair cuts? No one should give two shits.
Also shaved heads are just as distracting, they give the impression that the person was/is or could be a cancer patient or had gum in their hair and had to have it all shaved or something. It will cause people to ask, then student will explain 'no I had to shave my head because I broke the rules' and will cause other students to hate their school and may even inspire others to do the same. It is not productive, it does not solve anything. It's a distraction that could cause more distractions.

And how 'bout that, a news article from the local paper about how much of a p***k the principle is. What are the students talking about? Oh, maybe the news article since it relates to them... maybe that's distracting now too?

Just let kids/people have their friggen hair however they want it, it really doesn't matter unless they work in food service.

I agree completely. There's this bald kid in my class and if anything it's the most distracting hairstyle ive seen in my life, and i've barely gotten distracted by it. I remember the beginning of 8th last year, they told everyone they couldn't have different color hair dyes or weaves or extensions or anything like that. This girl started crying cause she had some hair thingymajig sewn in her head and had to get it ripped out. neutral

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Mohoawks and Afros are frowned upon in many schools too.

This whole thing is ridiculous! Well, I dont really have to say much more since my sentiment echoes everybody here.
I wonder how long it will be before the schools with their "No comment" responses realize that the way to avoid having 110 1 star ratings on Google is to stop acting like petty fiefdoms rather than institutions of learning.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

So they put all this energy into bitching about a kid's haircut,but refuse to fix ACTUAL problems?

No wonder most/some kids hate school.:/
For shame!

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
How is that distracting? More than that, what is this rule about distracting hairstyles all about? Do people really think a certain hairstyle is going to be a huge distraction?

Fanged Astronaut

16,925 Points
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
If anything you would think that a school would like a clean haircut. Its always something and schools like to fuss about hair. I remember being made to was hair dye out of my hair. If the blue was distracting so were my soaked and clumpy locks. I'm glad the mother took this to the local news. The school officials should be embarrassed at their lack of judgement.
I've had to deal with a lot of stupid s**t from schools but I'm glad that the ones here don't seem to care about hair at all. I've seen kids with hair of all colours, cuts, textures and none of them are ever told to cut it (or heck, even to make sure that it's clean!) for photos.

"Distracting" hair is stupid and I've seen articles about American schools complaining about pretty much every single type of hair and style. Some people are just morons who are on a powertrip and go outside rules to decide for themselves that they don't like a kid or a haircut and insist it needs to be changed.

That idiot should be fired.

Quite frankly I think it's child abuse for staff - unrelated to the child - to demand that a child alters their physical body appearance. Dress code to a limit, don't come in with a naked lady on your shirt or a gang sign on your jeans...fine....but when you get into demanding that kids cut their hair in a certain way it's a very slippery slope to me. I've seen articles where they used that same 'rule' to cut off black kids hair because their natural, untreated hair was "distracting". What's next? Demanding that girls ears be pierced to make them more feminine? Demanding that kids wear those "invisalign" clear braces because regular braces are distracting? Insisting that a child with some kind of physical abnormality like a cleft lip can't be in a photo because it's "distracting"? What about policing eyeglass frames? Frames over a certain size or in any kind of colour outside black are "distracting". Or any frames, kids can wear contacts! If we're going to police kids bodies lets not stop at hair.

Time-traveling Lunatic

What's so distracting about a military haircut? lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas