Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Lord Akhenaton
Byakugami
Lord Akhenaton
I would shoot to kill too if a hostile had a knife. I don't see any abuse here.
The police didn't have to shoot him which is the point.

They had alternative options to shooting. Had they waited a few seconds more they would have had the tazer. He was alone in a vehicle while the officers are outside, they can close and lock the doors from the outside.

The abuse of power comes from the fact that they shot because it was easy, not because it was necessary, and the lack of oversight in our laws make it impossible to investigate what really happened.

Let me explain this again. The man had a knife. A knife is a weapon capable of killing someone. I would have done the same thing if I were in the shoes of those cops. Don't want to get killed by a cop? Then don't brandish a weapon at them.

You'd shoot someone, double-tap on 'em, wait six seconds, shoot 'em again for three more . . . then again after two seconds, then again after two more seconds, then again after another two seconds, wait half a minute, then switch to buzapping 'em with a taser? All for a knife?

You, sir, belong in a mental health facility. You're not stable enough to be wandering around amongst the unsuspecting masses.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Suicidesoldier#1
The guy was probably tazed and then shot after the tazer didn't work.

I'm not gonna watch someone get shot so, not watching that video.

Actually, he was shot first.

Three, one right after another, then another round of three six seconds later, then three more, each two seconds apart, then they waited for thirty seconds, and then they lit him up with the taser.

It's a pretty textbook case of a bad shoot, if for no other reason than the fact that they paused to assess at regular intervals, then kept going despite dude being on the ground, not moving on account of the onset of Acute Ventilated Chest Disease.

Mega Noob

If nothing else, the cops were cowards. Better a coward than dead, the folks without integrity will tell me. But they wouldn't be dead, they'd just be not cowards.

Fanatical Zealot

Keltoi Samurai
Suicidesoldier#1

Three, one right after another, then another round of three six seconds later, then three more, each two seconds apart, then they waited for thirty seconds, and then they lit him up with the taser.

It's a pretty textbook case of a bad shoot, if for no other reason than the fact that they paused to assess at regular intervals, then kept going despite dude being on the ground, not moving on account of the onset of Acute Ventilated Chest Disease.

So, the guy looked like he was still moving around I suppose, and they were still shooting him?

Was this in a car, or on a bus?

As well, police really don't have other alternatives; it's a gun or, not a gun. Tazer guns and pepper spray have pretty limited effects, and won't immediately drop a person, usually.

Particularly if they had been told he was armed, but not what with, they may have approached with their guns, noticed something suspicious, and fired, only realizing they had a knife later. Idk.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for police wearing riot gear 24/7 so that a knife isn't a problem. I mean, you can easily get trampled in a riot situation or something so, unless they're protected against pointy objects, fists, the like, they're pretty much just at the mercy of the people who would do it. Given the limited range and scope of the non-lethal weapons, keeping your distance is pretty hard.

And what with people these days having all kinds of diseases, a blood stained knife, of your own blood, assuming you have AID's or some kind of infectious disease, could mean death. Particularly if it's just got any kind of bacteria on it. So, knives are just as much a threat to a man with a gun unless he uses the gun. Although any time police are in riot gear people get afraid for some reason, reminds them of video games and stuff, in some circumstances.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Keltoi Samurai
Suicidesoldier#1

So, the guy looked like he was still moving around I suppose, and they were still shooting him?

As well, police really don't have other alternatives; it's a gun or, not a gun. Tazer guns and pepper spray have pretty limited effects, and won't immediately drop a person, usually.

Particularly if they had been told he was armed, but not what with, they may have approached with their guns, noticed something suspicious, and fired, only realizing they had a knife later. Idk.

They spend a solid minute telling him to "DROP THE KNIFE" before the first burst was fired.

And the taser would have dropped him easily at the ranges they were operating, well before he could have closed the distance.

Then, it would have been a simple matter of kicking the knife out of his hand while he twitched there in the isle of the bus, since once those barbs were in him, they can deliver 15 second bursts of "********!" every 15 seconds until they're convinced he's no longer a threat.

Plus, they'd'a had someone to stand trial, since I'm not too sure, but I THINK Canada's one of those places that values that sorta thing over senselessly slaying suspects in the streets ( or in the isles of busses, as the case may be ).

Fanatical Zealot

Keltoi Samurai
Suicidesoldier#1
Keltoi Samurai
Suicidesoldier#1

They spend a solid minute telling him to "DROP THE KNIFE" before the first burst was fired.

And the taser would have dropped him easily at the ranges they were operating, well before he could have closed the distance.

Then, it would have been a simple matter of kicking the knife out of his hand while he twitched there in the isle of the bus, since once those barbs were in him, they can deliver 15 second bursts of "********!" every 15 seconds until they're convinced he's no longer a threat.

Plus, they'd'a had someone to stand trial, since I'm not too sure, but I THINK Canada's one of those places that values that sorta thing over senselessly slaying suspects in the streets ( or in the isles of busses, as the case may be ).

Well if they spent a minute and the guy didn't drop his weapon I guess they might have thought he was going to attack.

I have very little knowledge over this and probably won't research it, so idk.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Suicidesoldier#1
Keltoi Samurai
Suicidesoldier#1
Keltoi Samurai
Suicidesoldier#1

Well if they spent a minute and the guy didn't drop his weapon I guess they might have thought he was going to attack.

And they had options to deal with him that would have A ) lead to them taking in a live suspect if they worked, and B ) still left them plenty of time to react with more extreme, lethal measures if they failed.

instead, they opted to A ) shoot him until he stopped moving, B ) shoot him some more to be sure, C ) keep shooting and D ) zap the now rapidly-approaching room temperature suspect to see if they could make it twitch.
Reverb Song
Old Blue Collar Joe
Scarred Secrets
Alexander J Luthor
Why the hell would they taze him AFTER pumping him full of lead?

...maybe they were trying to get an overkill bonus?

*sigh* From what I've read, the kid should have never been shot at. Aren't police taught how to disarm someone brandishing a knife? I mean...it was a knife and he had no hostage, they coulda just tased him to begin with...not after they already shot him 9 times. :/

Errr...you do NOT engage someone with a weapon, especially a knife, in hand to hand. Within 21 feet he can close the distance quite rapidly, and once he lunges, you have a split second to decide what to do.
If the dumb ******** didn't want to get shot, he should have stayed home and jacked off. Instead, he got his dumb a** shot.

This just demonstrates authorities may need more training in hand to hand, not that they shouldn't do it.

And what a stupid argument, "Dumb a** kid shouldn't off gotten a car if he didn't want to be in a car accident".....That's literally the line of logic you just presented in the bottom half of your reply.
You also dodge and seem to ignore that the kid was outnumbered and then was shot and tazed after he already been shot.

Maybe you should jerk off instead of debate. lol

No matter how 'skilled' someone is in hand to hand, you do NOT take unnecessary risks. Who is to say that this isn't some master knife fighter? And I have news for ya: There are a lot of people who can cut your a** with a knife. Not one reason to engage physically with a knife wielding maniac.

Are you naturally stupid, or are you working at it? There is one HELL of a difference between being in a car ACCIDENT, and willfully attacking with a knife. One is...wait for it...an ACCIDENT, completely unexpected and not intended. This was a willful action.
This stupid s**t of 'we need to give them hugs and bubble gum for being dangerous and distraught and showing up with weapons' is WHY they do this s**t.
Danger to citizens and law enforcement shows up, threatens people, and no taser operator available at the moment? If suspect makes dangerous move, shoot.
And you should also note that I do not and have not said 'shoot to kill'. You shoot center mass to neutralize the threat. Once the threat is down, you cease fire.
Keltoi Samurai
Suicidesoldier#1
Keltoi Samurai
Suicidesoldier#1
Keltoi Samurai
Suicidesoldier#1

And they had options to deal with him that would have A ) lead to them taking in a live suspect if they worked, and B ) still left them plenty of time to react with more extreme, lethal measures if they failed.

instead, they opted to A ) shoot him until he stopped moving, B ) shoot him some more to be sure, C ) keep shooting and D ) zap the now rapidly-approaching room temperature suspect to see if they could make it twitch.

I really don't have issues with the first three shots. The rest qualifies as overkill as far as I am concerned. And the tasing, at that point, was equivalent to pissing on a corpse.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Suicidesoldier#1
Keltoi Samurai
Suicidesoldier#1

I really don't have issues with the first three shots. The rest qualifies as overkill as far as I am concerned. And the tasing, at that point, was equivalent to pissing on a corpse.

Honestly, I would have suggested an investigation, but aren't those supposed to happen in any shoot?

Either way, I'd'a been willing to give 'em the benefit of the doubt, if it'd just been the first three, or if they hadn't waited so long in between the rest of the shots, even, since in a shoot scenario, nine shots is rather conservative, and if they were fired more closely together, then it could have reasonably been assumed that followups were due to the stress of the moment. The pattern of the shots, though, shows that after those initial three, it just became a case of making sure everybody got one in so that nobody felt left out, whereas the taser coming 30 seconds after the fact was basically a tacit admission that "yeah, we had other options . . . we just didn't want to waste this opportunity to waste this ********."
Keltoi Samurai
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Suicidesoldier#1
Keltoi Samurai
Suicidesoldier#1

Honestly, I would have suggested an investigation, but aren't those supposed to happen in any shoot?

Either way, I'd'a been willing to give 'em the benefit of the doubt, if it'd just been the first three, or if they hadn't waited so long in between the rest of the shots, even, since in a shoot scenario, nine shots is rather conservative, and if they were fired more closely together, then it could have reasonably been assumed that followups were due to the stress of the moment. The pattern of the shots, though, shows that after those initial three, it just became a case of making sure everybody got one in so that nobody felt left out, whereas the taser coming 30 seconds after the fact was basically a tacit admission that "yeah, we had other options . . . we just didn't want to waste this opportunity to waste this ********]

Yep. It is Canada, however. They may be utterly confused on what to do in this situation.
Any officers found to shoot after the delay and the guy hit the ground? They should face charges. Same as the ******** with the taser. That was just tacky.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Suicidesoldier#1

Either way, I'd'a been willing to give 'em the benefit of the doubt, if it'd just been the first three, or if they hadn't waited so long in between the rest of the shots, even, since in a shoot scenario, nine shots is rather conservative, and if they were fired more closely together, then it could have reasonably been assumed that followups were due to the stress of the moment. The pattern of the shots, though, shows that after those initial three, it just became a case of making sure everybody got one in so that nobody felt left out, whereas the taser coming 30 seconds after the fact was basically a tacit admission that "yeah, we had other options . . . we just didn't want to waste this opportunity to waste this ********]

Yep. It is Canada, however. They may be utterly confused on what to do in this situation.
Any officers found to shoot after the delay and the guy hit the ground? They should face charges. Same as the ******** with the taser. That was just tacky.

He either needs charges, or whatever the Canadian version of Special Education classes in high school would be. Keep in mind, he might just have a touch of the Downs.

I can almost see, in my mind, Taser Cop standing there, asking the other officers "I do good, right?" after having zapped the suspect/new toe jewelry aficionado, grinning ear-to-ear because he was part of it, too.

And, again, maybe charges against whoever was in charge at the scene, if it was found he knew Taser Cop was there, ready to go, and opted to try lead first.
Keltoi Samurai
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Old Blue Collar Joe
Keltoi Samurai
Suicidesoldier#1

He either needs charges, or whatever the Canadian version of Special Education classes in high school would be. Keep in mind, he might just have a touch of the Downs.

I can almost see, in my mind, Taser Cop standing there, asking the other officers "I do good, right?" after having zapped the suspect/new toe jewelry aficionado, grinning ear-to-ear because he was part of it, too.

And, again, maybe charges against whoever was in charge at the scene, if it was found he knew Taser Cop was there, ready to go, and opted to try lead first.

Well, with all the 'diversity' programs throughout the world, and lowering standards to meet quotas, damn how good they will be at the jobs (EMS, Fire, Police, other emergency services), this is what you get. Tommy Taser may have been too scared to come forward at the start, since he's carrying a nine volt battery on steroids, and you can order a ******** tee shirt on line that neutralizes it.

Invisible Explorer

7,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
It's overkill, yes. But maybe this guy should have displayed better judgement and not gone the route of threatening people in the first place.
He had a choice.

Greedy Consumer

Alexander J Luthor
Why the hell would they taze him AFTER pumping him full of lead?
to demonstrate they decided to kill him instead of tazing him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff