Welcome to Gaia! ::

Suffocation! No breathing! Dont give a ******** if i cut my arm bleeding! Reading this made me think of That papa roach song 3nodding

Liberal Fatcat

If you think locking your child in the trunk of a car is a sure fire way to help them overcome their fear of the dark, clearly parenting isnt for you!
The intent was good, however their method was a bit harsh for my taste. Fears in children need to be addressed or else they will spiral out of control. Locking a child in a dark room to abolish his fear of the dark is not uncommon, as is people sticking their hand in a jar full of spiders, or someone driving after a really bad accident leaving then fearful of being behind the wheel.

I'm no professional, but to my understanding there are no subtle ways to overcome fears.

Profitable Hunter

7,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Profitable 100
wtf where they thinking eek

Familiar Dabbler

User ImageUser Image
There are many, many ways to help your child deal with a phobia---this is not one of them! If anything, it'd just make it worse.

Interesting Member

3,325 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Charged Up 100
  • Hygienic 200
Honey of the South
Talk about a misguided attempt to cure a phobia. If they were really trying to cure their kid of his phobia then they were totally going about it the wrong way.
Agree he might have nightmares now because his crazy A$$ parents trying to get him to over come his phobia. When he grows up i doubt that he will be speaking to them.

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
Now if they were trying to, let's say, teach him how to break out of the trunk of the car when he's been kidnapped by some stranger who promised him candy...well, they'd still be stupid but I'd buy that answer a lot more than "curing him of the dark". What, was a closet too much for them?

Demonic Kitten

Kothlim
Cant just stick them in their bedroom at night with all the lights off?

Sounds better than in the trunk of a movimg car. Car accidents do happen and they don't always announce themselves. That's why the safety of seatbelts is stressed so much. It makes you less prone to dying horribly if the moving car you're in gets in an accident. If a car had just happened to rear end theirs while the kid was in the trunk, that child would be in pieces instead of more likely living give or take a few scratches in his seat with a seatbelt strapping him down. It's a gamble on your own kid's life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff