Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
Flygoedla
Mei tsuki7
Are politicians supposed to know the law of the country they represent? What is with lawmakers passing illegal laws?

This. Isn't it Roe vs. Wade that states that abortions are allowed up to the 2nd trimester? I'm not sure about the exact cut-off point.

Yeah. Also for the most part, it was also supposed to be allowed until the age of viability, which at the time was 28 weeks, with a possibility of 24 weeks (I suppose it could be argued that it should be a bit lower like 22-23 weeks, since it is now possible for babies born that young to survive outside the womb).

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Attention all Woolworth Shoppers:

Quote:
... barring the practice if a doctor can detect a heartbeat and regardless of the presence of any genetic abnormality. ....

Quote:
The measure would ban most abortions if a fetal heartbeat can be detected, something that can happen as early as six weeks into a pregnancy. ...

Quote:
The bills that passed on Friday go to Republican Governor Jack Dalrymple for his signature. Dalrymple recently signed a law extending the waiting period before having an abortion,....

No Abortions Ever!

Okay folks, we need a list of parasites for these lovely people. We'll tell them they can't be removed because the Parasites are clearly alive. I'm thinking Earwig and Tape Worm. Anyone want to add to the list?

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Blood Valkyrie
I'm not a Hitler expert, but I think Hitler mostly went after people who were already born.

I may not be a Hitler expert, but I am a pretty enthusiastic Hitler amateur ( though, not one of those who buys Nazi memorabilia, mind. it's fascinating history, but not the kind of thing I'd want cluttering up my house ), and I can confirm that his people most certainly focused on those already born
Sailor Tin Nyanko
No Abortions Ever!

Okay folks, we need a list of parasites for these lovely people. We'll tell them they can't be removed because the Parasites are clearly alive. I'm thinking Earwig and Tape Worm. Anyone want to add to the list?

Except these tend to be the same people that think humans are far superior to anything else alive because they are humans.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
Laws like this are stupid, it should not be up to lawmakers what a woman can do with their body. If they feel they need an abortion, they should be able to get one. That’s their choice and they can live with it and whatever guilt may come with it.

We don’t need laws that prohibit abortions, that’s not their business. They can focus on other more pressing issues but abortion and other items concerning women’s bodies are not their business.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Interitum
I think this law is a good thing, as long as the mother can get an abortion if it threatens her life or the baby has some type of horrific birth defect like that tissue paper skin thing.
Quote:
regardless of the presence of any genetic abnormality
Nope, she has to keep even that piteous monstrosity.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Shama_okami
Sailor Tin Nyanko
No Abortions Ever!

Except these tend to be the same people that think humans are far superior to anything else alive because they are humans.

Won't somebody please think of the insects and protozoa? Even Giardia protozoa need a good home! gonk

Seriously though, these people are ridiculous with their boundless, illogical "optimism". "I'm not going to adopt those kids but hey, somebody will! emotion_awesome "

I'm pro-choice and if I want any offspring, I would rather adopt because I can't deal with babies and have birth defects I don't want to pass onto my children. It infuriates me that these pro-lifers bank on people who are infertile, or even people like me, to take care of people who might only be in the system because of ******** like them.
Super Fightin Prototype
Shama_okami
Sailor Tin Nyanko
No Abortions Ever!

Won't somebody please think of the insects and protozoa? Even Giardia protozoa need a good home! gonk

Seriously though, these people are ridiculous with their boundless, illogical "optimism". "I'm not going to adopt those kids but hey, somebody will! emotion_awesome "

I'm pro-choice and if I want any offspring, I would rather adopt because I can't deal with babies and have birth defects I don't want to pass onto my children. It infuriates me that these pro-lifers bank on people who are infertile, or even people like me, to take care of people who might only be in the system because of ******** like them.

Didn't you hear? They care about you most of all right up until you are born. Then you become a leech who is draining society and costing them money because you can't take care of yourself.

Vector Theta's Husbando

Mega Man-Lover

Shama_okami
Didn't you hear? They care about you most of all right up until you are born. Then you become a leech who is draining society and costing them money because you can't take care of yourself.

Damn, how could I forget that? My mother always told me these types of people care about people "from conception up until birth".

I love the "they could be teh next radical innovator!11!" arguments because they could also end up being the next John Wayne Gacy or Jeffery Dahmer. I'd say the latter two are a bit more likely given the abuse I sometimes hear about in foster care.

They don't like abortion and want to protect the unborn but then they chide people for having recreational sex, conveniently ignoring the pill and condom can both fail. While it'd be awesome if people actually could keep their legs closed, telling people not to have sex is like telling a dog to stop sniffing other dog's butts. It's hardwired into our nature to enjoy sex so we can procreate and people use sex to increase the value of their relationships.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Interitum
I think this law is a good thing, as long as the mother can get an abortion if it threatens her life or the baby has some type of horrific birth defect like that tissue paper skin thing.

I'm pretty sure the latter would be illegalized under the laws. Don't matter how horrible a life the kid's going to have, it's going to be birthed to protect the 'santiy of life'.

Malevolent Phantom

10,450 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Champion 300
  • Mark Twain 100
Sailor Tin Nyanko

No Abortions Ever!

Earwigs are not parasites. And it is their own fault they are pregnant anyways(unless of rape). The difference between a parasite and a fetus is that a parasite is harmful, now sometime a fetus can become harmful in which case it probably should be removed if it is to severe.
Interitum
Earwigs are not parasites. And it is their own fault they are pregnant anyways(unless of rape). The difference between a parasite and a fetus is that a parasite is harmful, now sometime a fetus can become harmful in which case it probably should be removed if it is to severe.

Point of fact, a fetus is parasitic and is at least mildly harmful to the mother.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Interitum
Sailor Tin Nyanko

No Abortions Ever!

Definition of a parasite : organism living on another: a plant or animal that lives on or in another, usually larger, host organism in a way that harms or is of no advantage to the host.

Considering all the diseases you can get when pregnant ( such as a certain form of diabetes), swelling of the stomach and ankles, back pains, morning sickness, your whole life changes and you can't forget the pain of the actual birth. Being pregnant may not *harm* the body but I doubt it does any good, health wise.

Malevolent Phantom

10,450 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Champion 300
  • Mark Twain 100
Being pregnant can actually make you healthier. It can slightly boost your immune system and the extra weight can make you stronger. Humans depend on pregnancy for reproduction so our evolution would do anything but cause it to severely hinder you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff