Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Poster

8,850 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
Washington Times

Quote:
A black man who was found guilty of murdering two white teenagers execution-style in a vacant Detroit field defiantly declared “black lives matter” Wednesday before being sentenced to life in prison.

Fredrick Young and Felando Hunter were sentenced Wednesday to life in prison without parole for robbing, torturing and murdering Jourdan Bobbish and Jacob Kudla, who had met up with them in July 2012 to buy drugs, a local Fox affiliate reported.

Young shocked the courtroom when he was given the chance to address the victims’ families, but instead apologized to the families of Michael Brown and Eric Garner.

“I’d like to say sorry to the families of Aiyanna Jones, Michael Brown, Eric Garner,” he said. “And I want to apologize to them for not being able to get justice for their loved ones who was murdered in cold blood.

“And in respect for the peaceful protest, I want to say ‘hands up don’t shoot,’” he said, raising his hands in the air. “Black lives matter — that’s it your honor.”

Despite Young’s message, Jourdon Bobbish’s mother, Carrie Bobbish, spoke of forgiveness during her impact statement, the Fox affiliate reported.

“In the end — knowing who Jourdan was, I believe he would want me to offer forgiveness,” she told the court. “Although I know I may struggle with that endeavor for the rest of my life, it would be what Jourdan would want.

“On behalf of Jourdan and myself, I will pray for forgiveness for both of you,” she said to her son’s killers.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
It would not be wise to take the words of a murderous psychopath seriously.

Distinct Member

what a nut job.

Divine Muse

In the words of Eric Garners widow

LIVES matter.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Black lives matter.
But some black lives matter more than others.
(same for other races)

It sounds to me like worthless scum is worthless scum no matter what race it may be.
emotion_facepalm
They should up his charges to a racially motivated hate crime.

Friendly Bunny

5,950 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Friendly 100
Henrika

Agreed. emotion_facepalm emotion_donotwant
hang the worthless piece of racist s**t.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
He's gonna have a lot of fun when the Aryan Brotherhood finds out why he's in there. twisted

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
What an idiot , and what a stupid movement. All lives matter..black..white, asian , african. This whole black lives matter should be changed to all lives matter .

As to the guy in the story, he’s just scum plain and simple. His apology is as worthless as he is.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Ugh, this is why I hate that Black Lives Matter bullshit. They don't care about the lives of everyone else but only the lives of low-life thugs.

Eloquent Lunatic

10,425 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Super 9-Volt
Ugh, this is why I hate that Black Lives Matter bullshit. They don't care about the lives of everyone else but only the lives of low-life thugs.
Implying that this guy represents #blacklivesmatter (He doesn't)

Lonely Explorer

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
What a nut job.

I don't think he knows what that phrase means exactly. Though I know he's not the only one, which is pretty sad.

Wintry Dragon

Lunar Gemini Hina
Henrika

Agreed. emotion_facepalm emotion_donotwant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces