Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Fatcat

Link to Article

Quote:
A 16-year-old high school girl in Rock Hill, S.C. told police that another high school girl taunted her on a school bus and then beat her up after she got off the bus. The assailant allegedly was angry at the victim because she was behaving “too much like a white person.”

Both the alleged attacker and the victim are black, reports The State, a Columbia, S.C. newspaper.

The incident occurred on Thursday afternoon on a bus carrying students who attend Northwestern High School.

The unidentified assault victim, 16, told investigators she exited the bus on McDow Drive, a winding street dotted with small ranch-style houses. Shortly after she got off the bus, she said, her attacker violently punched her a bunch of times, then fled the scene.

A Rock Hill police report notes that witnesses told the same basic story.

The police report also indicates that the student who got beat up suffered numerous injuries including a serious cut above her right eye.

An ambulance transported the girl to a local hospital for treatment.

One witness, Shelly Hemphill, is the mother of one of the victim’s friends. The victim went to Hemphill’s house after she was allegedly assaulted. Hemphill was responsible for calling the ambulance.

Hemphill told police that the attacker tripped the victim and the punched her again and again while she was on the ground, according to The Island Packet, a Hilton Head newspaper.

In an interview with police, the victim claimed that there has been an ongoing feud between the two girls for over a year. The victim described herself as a “light-skinned black female,” according to The State. She said the other student, who has darker skin, had made fun of her and challenged her to a fight on prior occasions, but she had refused.

The victim said she had again refused to fight her alleged bully on Thursday but then got beat up, anyway.

Hemphill noted that the school bus bully taunted the girl all last year as well.

“It was so bad last year they had to have a police car here when the bus let out,” she said, according to the Packet.

Police have described the altercation as assault, battery and disorderly conduct in a school setting. However, they have not yet been able to find the alleged attacker.

A spokeswoman for the Rock Hill school district told the Packet that district officials had reviewed videotape of the Thursday school bus ride and had seen no fight inside the bus.

The age of the alleged attacker is unknown.

I myself am a 24 year old black female. I have had comments directed at me that I should've been born white or how I dont tend to act like other black females. Tell me society, how am I "supposed" to act?

Dapper Hunter

6,825 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
This Isnt Sparta

I myself am a 24 year old black female. I have had comments directed at me that I should've been born white or how I dont tend to act like other black females. Tell me society, how am I "supposed" to act?

Sucks doesn't it? I ask the same question, and only a few have been dumb enough to try to tell me how I should behave.

Liberal Fatcat

SparkyKid3000
This Isnt Sparta

Sucks doesn't it? I ask the same question, and only a few have been dumb enough to try to tell me how I should behave.

Oh yeah.
It's ridiculous. Why would I want to be bogged down with numerous kids now? Im no financial situation in which that can happen. Why would I want to be promiscuous and be twerking my booty everywhere in some outfit that leaves little to the imagination? I carry myself with dignity and respect. Why would I want to abuse the welfare system so I'd never have to work? Why would I want to not have an education? My momma didnt raise a fool. Is this how a black female or person is supposed to behave? What the hell society?

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
This Isnt Sparta
SparkyKid3000
This Isnt Sparta

Oh yeah.
It's ridiculous. Why would I want to be bogged down with numerous kids now? Im no financial situation in which that can happen. Why would I want to be promiscuous and be twerking my booty everywhere in some outfit that leaves little to the imagination? I carry myself with dignity and respect. Why would I want to abuse the welfare system so I'd never have to work? Why would I want to not have an education? My momma didnt raise a fool. Is this how a black female or person is supposed to behave? What the hell society?

I am white and even I don't get it. Wanna know something that is really stupid? There are an awful LOT of black people who are respectable. And an awful LOT of white folk who behave the way you are describing in the emboldened, not just black. I honestly do not know if there are a LOT of Asians who are just the same too, but what if?
So I ask ya (not you personally), what the hell difference does skin color make?

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
This up there with thinking a black hole is a racial slur.

Liberal Fatcat

Nyadriel
This Isnt Sparta
SparkyKid3000
This Isnt Sparta

Oh yeah.

I am white and even I don't get it. Wanna know something that is really stupid? There are an awful LOT of black people who are respectable. And an awful LOT of white folk who behave the way you are describing in the emboldened, not just black. I honestly do not know if there are a LOT of Asians who are just the same too, but what if?
So I ask ya (not you personally), what the hell difference does skin color make?

I dont even know. I think it still has to do with that old stereotype of "blacks are lazy, they dont do anything". I mean there are some people out there whom believe they know everything there is to know about a particular race, just because of the color of their skin. Stereotypes and media perception, that in my opinion is what they base it off of. And I dont think its fair to be accused of "not being black" just because I dont act "typical." What's typical? And of course, Ive seen plenty of girls as well whom act exactly as what I had described, but I dont hear "well they all act like that" to the same extent as the black community.
It shouldnt make a difference at all, but stupid people want to be stupid and assume that because of my skin color Im probably (or eventually will be) a welfare queen with too many kids. Quite the opposite really.
But remember, it's not racism because neither of them have any power over the other!

And noone white was involved too, so it's not racism on that basis either.

[/liberalfilteroff]
This Isnt Sparta

However you want to. Those people are just haters.
that's terrible

Mega Noob

8,000 Points
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
This Isnt Sparta
Link to Article

Quote:
A 16-year-old high school girl in Rock Hill, S.C. told police that another high school girl taunted her on a school bus and then beat her up after she got off the bus. The assailant allegedly was angry at the victim because she was behaving “too much like a white person.”

Both the alleged attacker and the victim are black, reports The State, a Columbia, S.C. newspaper.

The incident occurred on Thursday afternoon on a bus carrying students who attend Northwestern High School.

The unidentified assault victim, 16, told investigators she exited the bus on McDow Drive, a winding street dotted with small ranch-style houses. Shortly after she got off the bus, she said, her attacker violently punched her a bunch of times, then fled the scene.

A Rock Hill police report notes that witnesses told the same basic story.

The police report also indicates that the student who got beat up suffered numerous injuries including a serious cut above her right eye.

An ambulance transported the girl to a local hospital for treatment.

One witness, Shelly Hemphill, is the mother of one of the victim’s friends. The victim went to Hemphill’s house after she was allegedly assaulted. Hemphill was responsible for calling the ambulance.

Hemphill told police that the attacker tripped the victim and the punched her again and again while she was on the ground, according to The Island Packet, a Hilton Head newspaper.

In an interview with police, the victim claimed that there has been an ongoing feud between the two girls for over a year. The victim described herself as a “light-skinned black female,” according to The State. She said the other student, who has darker skin, had made fun of her and challenged her to a fight on prior occasions, but she had refused.

The victim said she had again refused to fight her alleged bully on Thursday but then got beat up, anyway.

Hemphill noted that the school bus bully taunted the girl all last year as well.

“It was so bad last year they had to have a police car here when the bus let out,” she said, according to the Packet.

Police have described the altercation as assault, battery and disorderly conduct in a school setting. However, they have not yet been able to find the alleged attacker.

A spokeswoman for the Rock Hill school district told the Packet that district officials had reviewed videotape of the Thursday school bus ride and had seen no fight inside the bus.

The age of the alleged attacker is unknown.

i guess not white unless u like getting punched?
o_O

Aged Fox

There is no facepalm in the entire universe that is big enough for this. Shakes head slowly. It is a sad world we live in.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Ah ... racism and bullying ... classic in a sad way.

I know a woman who is half black and half Cherokee. In high school, everyone kept forgetting about her Cherokee half and assumed that she needed to act "black." She's in her 40s now, has married a white blond man, made two cute little babies (is it racist that I think biracial couples tend to make amazingly pretty babies?), and she tends to write stories with multi-racial casts and characters.

She doesn't even try to act "black." She acts how she wants to act, and she told me she it's never good to conform to other people's standards with this sort of stuff.

On another note, I'm very white in appearance (way too pale), and I'm pretty sure I'm white racially speaking too. When I told a black woman that I like Japanese Vocaloid music, she said I was the "whitest" girl she had ever known, because all other white girls she knew liked rap and hip hop, not because of my appearance. I still don't understand her logic. How does Japanese stuff make you white?

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
xdivision_whitey
This up there with thinking a black hole is a racial slur.
What. Seriously.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Blood Valkyrie

I know a woman who is half black and half Cherokee. In high school, everyone kept forgetting about her Cherokee half and assumed that she needed to act "black." She's in her 40s now, has married a white blond man, made two cute little babies (is it racist that I think biracial couples tend to make amazingly pretty babies?), and she tends to write stories with multi-racial casts and characters.

She doesn't even try to act "black." She acts how she wants to act, and she told me she it's never good to conform to other people's standards with this sort of stuff.

On another note, I'm very white in appearance (way too pale), and I'm pretty sure I'm white racially speaking too. When I told a black woman that I like Japanese Vocaloid music, she said I was the "whitest" girl she had ever known, because all other white girls she knew liked rap and hip hop, not because of my appearance. I still don't understand her logic. How does Japanese stuff make you white?

It doesn't really. I like Japanese traditional music, myself. The fact that the lady only knew other white girls liking rap and stuff is by her own experience and lack of knowledge of anything else. You were the first that did not fit in with what she thought she knew. (what's Vocaloid. I keep hearing the term, but I don't know what it is)

By the way, I am part American Indian too.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Nyadriel
Blood Valkyrie

It doesn't really. I like Japanese traditional music, myself. The fact that the lady only knew other white girls liking rap and stuff is by her own experience and lack of knowledge of anything else. You were the first that did not fit in with what she thought she knew. (what's Vocaloid. I keep hearing the term, but I don't know what it is)

By the way, I am part American Indian too.

Forgive me if this is off topic.

A Vocaloid is a computer program that you can use to sing songs without doing any singing yourself. It's like having a singer in your computer. It's made by recording someone's vocals (sounds like ah, eh, ee, etc). I think the first Vocaloid was fairly unpopular. A Japanese company decided to try it out. I think the first Japanese Vocaloid was called Meiko? Eventually Hatsune Miku was made. She became the most popular Vocaloid ever. Nowadays there are hundreds of Vocaloids, and similar programs like Utauloids. Producers have made CDs using these voices, with almost every genre of music I can think of right now. A lot of Vocaloids are designed for the Japanese language (but you can force them to sing in other languages) Some of them had English versions done. Some Vocaloids are designed to sing in more than one language, like SeeU, who can sing very well in Korean and Japanese. It's also easier to make SeeU sing in English, because, as I was told, Korean has all the sounds English has while Japanese doesn't. There are also a few English Vocaloids, like Oliver. There is even a Mandarin Chinese singing Vocaloid or two out there. I will pm you some songs on youtube.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff