Welcome to Gaia! ::

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Lidke
Then pray tell what would you do about that? Throw them in prison or an asylum for the rest of their days? Asylums were discontinued because it always led up to serious human rights violations and abuse from those whom were supposed to take care of them.

Ratttking
-Buggi Boo-
Ratttking
He's not a kid, he's an adult 25 years old.

Like I said; I only skimmed the article.
Also, it doesn't really matter how old you are; if you're high on the spectrum, your behavior doesn't change on your age.
(example: my brother is 20, and little things can cause him to act like a 2 year old...)
Well then, if he cannot function in society Duffy should not allowed to be part of it.
They do still have asylums for the criminally insane as well as ones for mental patients who have not broken laws. The woman who killed my ex-landlady ended up in one of the former.

What would I do about him? Nothing, because, unlike Britain, I believe in freedom of speech and as far as I can tell he has done nothing besides be rude online. Unfortunately for him, I do not make the laws for that quaint little backwater island.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
--Beckys Nightmare--
Ratttking
Well then, if he cannot function in society Duffy should not allowed to be part of it.

So... you're saying people with disabilities (specifically those who have a severe one) shouldn't be allowed to be a part of society?
You want to get me started on euthanasia, eh?

Sexy Assailant

Hate Speech and Harassment isn't protected by the first amendment. Sorry. If you have a problem with that, you can take it up with the governments.

Ratttking
Lidke
Then pray tell what would you do about that? Throw them in prison or an asylum for the rest of their days? Asylums were discontinued because it always led up to serious human rights violations and abuse from those whom were supposed to take care of them.

Ratttking
-Buggi Boo-
Ratttking

Also, it doesn't really matter how old you are; if you're high on the spectrum, your behavior doesn't change on your age.
(example: my brother is 20, and little things can cause him to act like a 2 year old...)
They do still have asylums for the criminally insane as well as ones for mental patients who have not broken laws. The woman who killed my ex-landlady ended up in one of the former.

What would I do about him? Nothing, because, unlike Britain, I believe in freedom of speech and as far as I can tell he has done nothing besides be rude online. Unfortunately for him, I do not make the laws for that quaint little backwater island.

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

I didn't know we could get jailed for trolling. Whatever it is, I hope he gets help soon, and that the families affected feel better crying It's horrible to have a family member die, and get insulted on top of that - and it's horrible to not be able to get help for an illness too. Poor things crying

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Lidke
Hate Speech and Harassment isn't protected by the first amendment. Sorry. If you have a problem with that, you can take it up with the governments.

Ratttking
Lidke

Ratttking
-Buggi Boo-
Ratttking

Hate speech is still speech and is protected whether or not you like it. You can't harass a corpse.

Sexy Assailant

Doesn't mean you shouldn't be punished if you have a hand in making that corpse. Whether the means be physically or if you push them a bombardment with words and destructive images. Tell, me, if I did that to you, every day of your life wouldn't you report me? Where would my 'free speech' be, hmm?

So many people who cry "Free Speech" are the ones who follow with the same reply, "Leave me alone!" when they are the victim and are quick to hit the Report button. It's amazing how many people can put their feet in their mouths and bury it in the sand at the same time.

Ratttking
Lidke

Ratttking
Lidke

Ratttking

Hate speech is still speech and is protected whether or not you like it. You can't harass a corpse.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Lidke
Doesn't mean you shouldn't be punished if you have a hand in making that corpse. Whether the means be physically or if you push them a bombardment with words and destructive images. Tell, me, if I did that to you, every day of your life wouldn't you report me? Where would my 'free speech' be, hmm?

So many people who cry "Free Speech" are the ones who follow with the same reply, "Leave me alone!" when they are the victim and are quick to hit the Report button. It's amazing how many people can put their feet in their mouths and bury it in the sand at the same time.

Ratttking
Lidke

Ratttking
Lidke

Ratttking

Dafuq? Duffy made rude comments on tribute pages for dead people. He was not the cause of their deaths.

I'd just ignore you if you did that. "Sticks and stones..." my dear.

Sexy Assailant

God, you are dense. neutral

If I sent you pictures of people of your own kind slaughtered, (murdered, accidental or the result of suicide), and told you that you are expendable every day, you'll eventually believe it.

All thoughts have consequences. Those can affect us in our daily lives.

Ratttking
Lidke

Ratttking
Lidke

Ratttking

Dafuq? Duffy made rude comments on tribute pages for dead people. He was not the cause of their deaths.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Lidke
God, you are dense. neutral

If I sent you pictures of people of your own kind slaughtered, (murdered, accidental or the result of suicide), and told you that you are expendable every day, you'll eventually believe it.

All thoughts have consequences. Those can affect us in our daily lives.

Ratttking
Lidke

Ratttking
Lidke

Ratttking

Maybe you would believe such nonsense, but I'm not weak-minded. Oh, is calling me "dense" your way of expressing hate speech towards me? If so, it seems you have more in common with Duffy than you would like to think, or do you feel that being insulting makes your lame argument any better? lol

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
VanillaCreamDelights
sounds like they have a problem with there health care system. User Image
if they would have addressed the real problem, the asperger's then they might have prevented this from happening in the first place. who knows what else this guy could have done without the help that he needs.maybe now they will take asperger's more seriously now.

But it's the UK . . . They have universal healthcare! How DARE you criticise their healthcare system?

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Lilac Wood
The UK takes this a lot more seriously than the United States.

Hopefully this kid is made to owe up to his actions and isn't allowed to hide behind an "illness". I'd assume if he functions well enough to go through with something like this, he functions well enough to also understand how wrong and distasteful it is.

Yeah, this kid was a cyberbully, which is like, a million billion zillion times worse than the actual, real-world bullying that this troll lived with, yeah?

Gracious Gekko

5,500 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items