• Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Sevalle
xXFurygeistXx
Ratttking
I misread the title as 'stoned rabbis'. lol

Is pot even kosher?
Is there some process to kosherize (yes, I made up a word) those plants?
Actually, the word for making something kosher is 'kasher', and weed has no need to be kashered. Read my post above.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
He continued: "One of them refused to leave us, and we took all the marijuana around him, but his natural instincts to run were somehow gone."

So even if you take that at face value then the "glass is half full" version of that would be -
"Illegal marijuana fields on public lands help to feed endangered predator species like wolves and some birds of prey and other stuff that eats bunnies". smile

But it may not be the direct cause and effect he is trying to make it.
In one area of Billings, Montana there are quite a few bunnies hanging out that are wild but from domestic breeds. Maybe feral would be the better word? The story goes something along the lines of some years back some bunnies were released from a pet shop and they survived in the "wild" (aka Billings) and bred. I've seen a dozen or more of them in the parking lot of a pizza place and another time four or five of them in the parking lot of the Golden Corral (restaurant).
They basically hang around and nibble on things like.. .bunnies.

But my point is they don't run from you, not because they are high but because they are used to people leaving them alone. They would probably run if you tried to grab them but not if you are just standing kind of near them.

To a lesser degree I get that with wild rabbits and deer in my own yard. The rabbits won't let me get close but they don't always run away. And I've sat on my front steps and watched deer graze on my lawn and my plum tree about 15 feet away from me. They knew I was there but they were used to not being harassed on my property.
So, "The bunny didn't run away" is hardly proof it was high.

On the other hand... what if all that pot makes the bunnies hungry? rofl

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
tin_kingdom
You can't get high off of the raw plant, it has to be heated to release the chemicals that get you stoned.
Although a bunch of stoned rabbits would be pretty cute

Maybe Utah could make money by setting up a youtube channel and become a partner.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
tin_kingdom
You can't get high off of the raw plant, it has to be heated to release the chemicals that get you stoned.
You're right, the conversion of THCA to THC is accomplished by heating, so (as usual) the DEA is talking out of their assholes.

Would a stoned bunny be any cuter or sillier than a sober bunny? 4laugh

Wheezing Smoker

14,800 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Ratttking
tin_kingdom
You're right, the conversion of THCA to THC is accomplished by heating, so (as usual) the DEA is talking out of their assholes.

Would a stoned bunny be any cuter or sillier than a sober bunny? 4laugh

Can you imagine a rabbit with the munchies?!? Cuuuuute

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
David2074
He continued: "One of them refused to leave us, and we took all the marijuana around him, but his natural instincts to run were somehow gone."

So even if you take that at face value then the "glass is half full" version of that would be -
"Illegal marijuana fields on public lands help to feed endangered predator species like wolves and some birds of prey and other stuff that eats bunnies". smile

In one area of Billings, Montana there are quite a few bunnies hanging out that are wild but from domestic breeds. Maybe feral would be the better word? The story goes something along the lines of some years back some bunnies were released from a pet shop and they survived in the "wild" (aka Billings) and bred. I've seen a dozen or more of them in the parking lot of a pizza place and another time four or five of them in the parking lot of the Golden Corral (restaurant).

But my point is they don't run from you, not because they are high but because they are used to people leaving them alone. They would probably run if you tried to grab them but not if you are just standing kind of near them.

To a lesser degree I get that with wild rabbits and deer in my own yard. The rabbits won't let me get close but they don't always run away. And I've sat on my front steps and watched deer graze on my lawn and my plum tree about 15 feet away from me. They knew I was there but they were used to not being harassed on my property.

We have a bazillion wild bunnies living in my town and they are so used to us we can get close enough to almost touch them before they hop a foot or so away and continue grazing. I almost managed to catch a tiny baby jackrabbit at a nearby plaza, but someone coughed loudly when I was inches away and it ran behind a rock (yeah, about a foot away.) It's not just humans they tolerate, when I walk my cats they pay no attention unless one of the more active kitties makes a lunge for one while leashed. They do hop slightly farther away when that happens, maybe 3 feet.

Hehe, killer rabbit.

Feral Nymph

tin_kingdom

Oh, god, she wouldn't settle for just the books, chew toys, the hay in her litterbox that she's supposed to eat or the food in the food dish. She'd consume every thing in the house that ever contained cellulose! THERE'D BE NO STOPPING HER!

That's not even mentioning the wires! She'd eat so many she'd turn into a pikachu!

I am now convinced the DEA guy is right. Drugged up bunnies will end our society as we know it! gonk

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Ratttking
xXFurygeistXx
Ratttking
I misread the title as 'stoned rabbis'. lol

Is pot even kosher?
It's a plant and thus is parve. About the only times that certain plants are not kosher is during some of the holidays, e.g. grains are kosher most of the year but not during Passover unless they are made incapable of being leavened; some varieties of etrog (citron) used during Sukkot must have most or all of the style and stigma still attached, unless it is a variety that naturally sheds them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etrog#Pitam_.28Pitom.29

Looking it up, some rabbis feel that weed is only kosher if used medicinally, but others believe it may be used by anyone. Rabbis disagreeing with each other is hardly a new thing, lol.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/28/israeli-rabbi-marijuana-kosher_n_3518933.html

BTW, kosher-for-Passover Coke is now in stores again. biggrin It's made with proper sugar, not corn syrup, and has a different composition (and much lower price) than Mexican Coke, which is also made with sugar. Look for 2L bottles with a yellow cap. (Assuming you like Coke, of course. )

SO THAT'S WHY THEY HAD YELLOW CAPS! surprised I always wondered what that was about.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Ratttking
David2074

We have a bazillion wild bunnies living in my town and they are so used to us we can get close enough to almost touch them before they hop a foot or so away and continue grazing. I almost managed to catch a tiny baby jackrabbit at a nearby plaza, but someone coughed loudly when I was inches away and it ran behind a rock (yeah, about a foot away.) It's not just humans they tolerate, when I walk my cats they pay no attention unless one of the more active kitties makes a lunge for one while leashed. They do hop slightly farther away when that happens, maybe 3 feet.

Hehe, killer rabbit.

Walk your cats...
I know some folks do that but I've never had a cat I walked like some folks do dogs.
My cats have always been indoor / outdoor cats. When they want to go out I let them.
I realize ability to do that is somewhat dictated by where you live.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Ratttking
David2074

Hehe, killer rabbit.

The cottontails here are the same way. Though they give wide berth to the squirrels. This makes me very wary of the squirrels. sweatdrop

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
David2074
Ratttking
David2074

Hehe, killer rabbit.

Walk your cats...
I know some folks do that but I've never had a cat I walked like some folks do dogs.
My cats have always been indoor / outdoor cats. When they want to go out I let them.
I realize ability to do that is somewhat dictated by where you live.
I'm a block from 2 major highways, so... Even if I were not, I would not let them run loose, too much risk of injury from other animals (including other cats), disease, sicko humans, etc. Well, unless I lived somewhere like "Cat Island" in Japan.. Paradise on Earth. emotion_kirakira

My current cats took to the leash very well, except for the eldest who is too slow for me to worry about running off, I just walk beside her. I did try collaring her back in the day, but putting anything on her, even a scrunchie, made her fall over, like when you tie a knee sock around ac kitten's belly. My first two, hehe, Kit would not tolerate even a collar and Bug would be very good until he decided it was time to spaz out. He always got very excited when I brought out his 'magic harness' and would walk happily with me and our dog, sometimes as far as the back yard.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Pessimist
tin_kingdom

Oh, god, she wouldn't settle for just the books, chew toys, the hay in her litterbox that she's supposed to eat or the food in the food dish. She'd consume every thing in the house that ever contained cellulose! THERE'D BE NO STOPPING HER!

That's not even mentioning the wires! She'd eat so many she'd turn into a pikachu!

I am now convinced the DEA guy is right. Drugged up bunnies will end our society as we know it! gonk
I think Pearl must somehow be related to my kitties, they like the same kinds of inedibles. Does she also try eating plastic grocery bags? I bought Bitter Apple to put on the wires...Toy chews on the nozzle of the bottle.

Feral Nymph

Ratttking
Pessimist
tin_kingdom

I think Pearl must somehow be related to my kitties, they like the same kinds of inedibles. Does she also try eating plastic grocery bags? I bought Bitter Apple to put on the wires...Toy chews on the nozzle of the bottle.

Mercifully no. Paper bags, on the other hand, are fair game, specifically if they have those twine handles. On the occasion I go to Whole Foods, I try to get her one to nibble on.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Ratttking
I'm a block from 2 major highways, so... Even if I were not, I would not let them run loose, too much risk of injury from other animals (including other cats), disease, sicko humans, etc. Well, unless I lived somewhere like "Cat Island" in Japan.. Paradise on Earth. emotion_kirakira

My current cats took to the leash very well, except for the eldest who is too slow for me to worry about running off, I just walk beside her. I did try collaring her back in the day, but putting anything on her, even a scrunchie, made her fall over, like when you tie a knee sock around ac kitten's belly. My first two, hehe, Kit would not tolerate even a collar and Bug would be very good until he decided it was time to spaz out. He always got very excited when I brought out his 'magic harness' and would walk happily with me and our dog, sometimes as far as the back yard.

Tashiro Island -
Yumm.... cat s**t everywhere. Cats peeing everywhere to mark their territory due to competition.
Sounds.... interesting. lol
Actually it does sound rather amusing and fun to visit but in itself wouldn't be a motivation for me to live there.

Knee sock -
Why in the hell would I want to tie a knee sock around a kitten's belly?
I've held kittens, petted them, cuddled them. Never once thought, "I wonder what will happen if I tie a tube sock around it. Will it fall over?" rofl
I did once put some tape on the paw of one of my cats. But not on too hard. She managed to shake it off after not very long.

But I did get a laugh from the mental image of a slow cat that falls over when you put a hair scrunchy on it.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
David2074
Ratttking

Tashiro Island -
Yumm.... cat s**t everywhere. Cats peeing everywhere to mark their territory due to competition.
Sounds.... interesting. lol
Actually it does sound rather amusing and fun to visit but in itself wouldn't be a motivation for me to live there.

Knee sock -
Why in the hell would I want to tie a knee sock around a kitten's belly?
I've held kittens, petted them, cuddled them. Never once thought, "I wonder what will happen if I tie a tube sock around it. Will it fall over?" rofl
I did once put some tape on the paw of one of my cats. But not on too hard. She managed to shake it off after not very long.

But I did get a laugh from the mental image of a slow cat that falls over when you put a hair scrunchy on it.
Out of curiosity I went to the Google Maps street view of Tashirojima and have yet to see a cat. I read elsewhere that they like to stay near the coast and get fed fish by the local fishing crews. Maybe I'll find those views as I continue my virtual journey.

Yeah, well, there might have been a certain green substance influencing my decision to try that the first time, and the second, and the third. It is really funny and doesn't seem to bother them in the slightest. Tape on the paws tho, man do they hate that!

My first cat, Bug, had quite a sense of style and would - I am not kidding - dress himself up in a 'cape' made from the plastic shrink wrap that 6-packs of soda bottles came in. We didn't cut the wrapping all the way thru, which left a hole for him to walk thru. I swear I did not put them on him, he would just walk into the hole and prance around happily in his cape. That one also loved wearing scrunchies. His favorite was a red velvet one. Strangely enough, he would never tolerate a collar, not even the fake pearl one that looked simply divine on him. rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff