• Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
jellykans
Ratttking
jellykans
Ratttking
Lupa Fangs Makucha

So eagle scouts is a bit different?
Eagle Scout is the highest rank a Boy Scout can attain, and comparatively few scouts earn it, about 7%.
http://www.scouting.org/About/FactSheets/EagleScouts.aspx

One of these days a gay Eagle Scout will become a scoutmaster and then will come out. Then we will have a court case to remember.
rolleyes

I was quite serious. Many scoutmasters are former Eagle Scouts. (Also many Presidents, I believe, the honor is taken quite seriously and requirements cannot be finessed.) The next logical step is the one I stated.
I see nothing logical about forcing a private organization to give up its principles.

Dedicated Student

Ratttking
Lupa Fangs Makucha

Eagle Scout is the highest rank a Boy Scout can attain, and comparatively few scouts earn it, about 7%.

Ah okay. Then I am honestly confused as to why you might forgive that. But yeah. It's okay. You have your reasons.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Lupa Fangs Makucha
Ratttking
Lupa Fangs Makucha

Ah okay. Then I am honestly confused as to why you might forgive that. But yeah. It's okay. You have your reasons.
Why are you confused? They have undergone more education and leadership training than the average HS grad and I'd daresay more than some community college graduates.

Playful Guildswoman

Ratttking
jellykans
Ratttking
jellykans
Ratttking
Lupa Fangs Makucha

One of these days a gay Eagle Scout will become a scoutmaster and then will come out. Then we will have a court case to remember.
rolleyes

I was quite serious. Many scoutmasters are former Eagle Scouts. (Also many Presidents, I believe, the honor is taken quite seriously and requirements cannot be finessed.) The next logical step is the one I stated.
I see nothing logical about forcing a private organization to give up its principles.

Differing assumptions. Is it private? Which principles?

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
jellykans
Ratttking
jellykans
Ratttking
jellykans

rolleyes

Differing assumptions. Is it private? Which principles?
It has been established that they are a private organization. Did you miss the part where they feel that practicing homosexuality goes against their beliefs?

Dedicated Student

Ratttking
Lupa Fangs Makucha
Ratttking
Lupa Fangs Makucha

Why are you confused? They have undergone more education and leadership training than the average HS grad and I'd daresay more than some community college graduates.

I am just confused as to why you would let discrimination slide in there if they aren't a private group.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Lupa Fangs Makucha
Ratttking
Lupa Fangs Makucha
Ratttking
Lupa Fangs Makucha

I am just confused as to why you would let discrimination slide in there if they aren't a private group.
An Eagle Scout is not a private group, he is a private citizen. Do you feel that the military should not let other better-educated enlistees start at a higher rank than E-1 or just Eagles?

Dedicated Student

Ratttking
Lupa Fangs Makucha
Ratttking
Lupa Fangs Makucha
Ratttking
Lupa Fangs Makucha

An Eagle Scout is not a private group, he is a private citizen. Do you feel that the military should not let other better-educated enlistees start at a higher rank than E-1 or just Eagles?

Wait. I am sorry, but I am severely confused here.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Lupa Fangs Makucha
Ratttking
Lupa Fangs Makucha
Ratttking
Lupa Fangs Makucha

About what?

Hilarious Autobiographer

9,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Inquisitor 200
So they allow gay kids, but not gay scoutmasters?

Well, I'm not gonna be yelling about it, but at least be consistent, Scouts.

Time-traveling Senshi

Mitsuki Horenake

I guess to the BSA HQ once you turn eighteen you stop being a troubled confused kid and become a murderous ***** in the making all because you're a gay man and the only reason you want to be a potential Boyscout leader is to have boys to rape and kill. Because being gay means you want to have sex with little boys.

Yeah like my sister's old roommate wants to do nothing but violate little boys.

Playful Guildswoman

Ratttking
]It has been established that they are a private organization. Did you miss the part where they feel that practicing homosexuality goes against their beliefs?

But only about Scout Leaders, not Scouts. Previously Scouts were not allowed to be openly gay, which sounds like accommodation rather than belief dictated the change in policy.

Ratttking
Lupa Fangs Makucha
Ratttking
Do you feel that the military should not let other better-educated enlistees start at a higher rank than E-1 or just Eagles?

About what?

Where did the military come in?

Playful Guildswoman

Mitsuki Horenake

This is where most normally alert Scouts come in. Most of us who grew up in Scouting were aware of mixed sexual orientation on the part of some members. And it was rarely a problem, unless other problems were present.

First Openly Gay Eagle Scout Under New Policy, But Brother Excluded From Scouting Feb 2014

""From a logical perspective, it's an indefensible policy," said the brothers' mother, Tracie Felker, 58. "I do think that the policy is an improvement over the old one, which was so damning to youth. It's sad for the Scouts who have treated young boys this way. But the new policy can't be viewed with any kind of integrity. To think that an Eagle Scout is 15, 16, or 17 and then suddenly they are no longer worthy to be a part of Scouting."

Felker told ABCNews.com that both her sons had been avid Scouts in Troop 52 since elementary school."

I have the deepest respect for Eagle Scouts, but the rigorous program has led more than one Scout to become openly gay, at deep cost. This seems to be a transitional period for Scouting.

Boy Scouts Vote to End Ban on Gay Scouts; Gay Adults Still Barred
May 23, 2013

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
jellykans
Ratttking
]It has been established that they are a private organization. Did you miss the part where they feel that practicing homosexuality goes against their beliefs?

But only about Scout Leaders, not Scouts. Previously Scouts were not allowed to be openly gay, which sounds like accommodation rather than belief dictated the change in policy.

Ratttking
Lupa Fangs Makucha
Ratttking
Do you feel that the military should not let other better-educated enlistees start at a higher rank than E-1 or just Eagles?

About what?

Where did the military come in?
Yes, I don't think they should have changed that. Perhaps they believe that the gay scouts are not sexually active (lol.)

The military thing is described in a link I posted earlier, do you want me to hunt it down?
Blood Valkyrie
Isn't this a private organization?
If so, they can pretty much kick you out for anything.

True, but that doesn't make it right what they are doing. It's not fair to gays.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff