(Got this on FB.)

Dedicated Student

Wow. Now that is actually cool.

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
that's . . . somewhat worrisome, when taken at face value.

I've not checked the whole video yet . . . do they mention what percentage of the US population at large is descended from him? because if this is one of those "Ghengis Khan porked and murdered his way across three continents and is now directly related to a sizable percentage of the human population" type things, then it's not so much "news" as it is trivia.

if it's a bit more exclusive of a bloodline, though? well, I guess the US has never been even close to following it's own ideals.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Well that's interesting. I'm descended from King George on my mother's side... I think.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Wow! Excellent job, Kiddo! A big Golden Cookie for you!

Wintry Dragon

UK still ruled the US during those times? ninja
/gets tin foil hat

Deathly Protagonist

50,415 Points
  • Charging Power 75
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • ReAnimated 50
In a way alot of us are related, but not as direct as you may think! biggrin

I'm related to John Hancock!

Playful Guildswoman

Keltoi Samurai

I've not checked the whole video yet . . . do they mention what percentage of the US population at large is descended from him? because if this is one of those "Ghengis Khan porked and murdered his way across three continents and is now directly related to a sizable percentage of the human population" type things, then it's not so much "news" as it is trivia.

if it's a bit more exclusive of a bloodline, though? well, I guess the US has never been even close to following it's own ideals.

The research was doe over months by a 12 year old girl, it isn't a wide-ranging study. However, Genhis Khan was known for rape and pillage, and John Lackland was not.

Edit: Also, you are referring to DNA studies, and the 12 year old was following genealogical records. (I.e., the father on paper might not necessarily be the father in fact, although the mother would be easily determined. See Daniel Boone for such a reference. He was gone several years and declared her a miracle on his return to greet a new child.)

Playful Guildswoman

A mali
/gets tin foil hat

Where did you ever get such an idea? (Must read the previous comments, this sounds like there are more than two.)

Alien Dog

17,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Mark Twain 100
jellykans
Keltoi Samurai

The research was doe over months by a 12 year old girl, it isn't a wide-ranging study. However, Genhis Khan was known for rape and pillage, and John Lackland was not.

Ghengis Khan was chosen, there specifically because he was the upper-end of genetic success. seriously, for every mile of territory he conquered, he killed one person and impregnated three. he might be the single most successful genetic bloodline since Mitochondrial Eve

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Ha, I guessed Van Buren was going to be the odd man out - but I also thought that Charles II was going to be the king in question because he was a randy old bugger with at least 20 illegitimate kids. Maybe she can do a study to figure out who all are related to him.

Playful Guildswoman

Keltoi Samurai
jellykans
Keltoi Samurai

Ghengis Khan was chosen, there specifically because he was the upper-end of genetic success. seriously, for every mile of territory he conquered, he killed one person and impregnated three. he might be the single most successful genetic bloodline since Mitochondrial Eve

I know. While the Brits recognized 'First Night' rights at some point in history, I agree that probably no one else came near matching his...erm...record.

Wintry Dragon

jellykans
A mali
/gets tin foil hat

Where did you ever get such an idea? (Must read the previous comments, this sounds like there are more than two.)
US presidents were agents of the Crown. ninja ninja ninja
jk of course.

Playful Guildswoman

A mali
jellykans
A mali
/gets tin foil hat

US presidents were agents of the Crown. ninja ninja ninja
jk of course.

What a unique theory.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I know that I'm related to George Washington, though his wife's family. And I know that I'm related to the British royal family in a (very) distant fashion. Past that, I don't know.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff