Welcome to Gaia! ::

What was you favorite game of the Zelda series?

Phantom Hourglass 0.048387096774194 4.8% [ 21 ]
Twilight Princess 0.20046082949309 20.0% [ 87 ]
A Link To The Past 0.04147465437788 4.1% [ 18 ]
Link's Awakening 0.025345622119816 2.5% [ 11 ]
Ocarina of Time 0.24654377880184 24.7% [ 107 ]
Majora's Mask 0.078341013824885 7.8% [ 34 ]
Oracle of Seasons 0.018433179723502 1.8% [ 8 ]
Oracle of Ages 0.011520737327189 1.2% [ 5 ]
Wind Waker 0.076036866359447 7.6% [ 33 ]
All of them and the ones you didn't put 0.25345622119816 25.3% [ 110 ]
Total Votes:[ 434 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

Fatcat

8,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Partygoer 500
Does anyone know the release date for Skyward in America?

Liberal Voter

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Karyu-tono
rabidpandaren
Karyu-tono
I love all the Zelda games so far, but Skyward Sword makes me unsure. For one, I was a fan of the tights. Link was the only hero I knew that was man enough to wear tights and still be more dignified and all around cool than the average man. Now they take that away and put him in pants, when we already have oodles of guy heroes in boring old pants. Nintendo took away one of Link's defining features, and for that they fail.
The other issue I have is that I heard this game was going to be centered around "fun" and "the younger generations", which might not be so bad if those weren't put together implying the possibility of it being a child's game. My favorites were Ocarina of Time which was revolutionary and moving, Majora's Mask which was dark and twisted, and Twilight Princess which was dark and emotional. They were beautifully written, and they were challenging enough that you would cheer when you finally beat a boss. If they change that I don't think I could forgive them.

Young Link never wore tights.

Yeah, and that was awesome too. He's man enough to run around as a child in nothing but a tunic, or arguable a freaking epic skirt. Heck I'd love to see adult link run around like that rather than be all modest in some stupid pants. XD

In Twilight Princess Link's tights looked more like pants to me. Construction wise, they were not tights.

Enduring Phantom

rabidpandaren
Karyu-tono
rabidpandaren
Karyu-tono
I love all the Zelda games so far, but Skyward Sword makes me unsure. For one, I was a fan of the tights. Link was the only hero I knew that was man enough to wear tights and still be more dignified and all around cool than the average man. Now they take that away and put him in pants, when we already have oodles of guy heroes in boring old pants. Nintendo took away one of Link's defining features, and for that they fail.
The other issue I have is that I heard this game was going to be centered around "fun" and "the younger generations", which might not be so bad if those weren't put together implying the possibility of it being a child's game. My favorites were Ocarina of Time which was revolutionary and moving, Majora's Mask which was dark and twisted, and Twilight Princess which was dark and emotional. They were beautifully written, and they were challenging enough that you would cheer when you finally beat a boss. If they change that I don't think I could forgive them.

Young Link never wore tights.

Yeah, and that was awesome too. He's man enough to run around as a child in nothing but a tunic, or arguable a freaking epic skirt. Heck I'd love to see adult link run around like that rather than be all modest in some stupid pants. XD

In Twilight Princess Link's tights looked more like pants to me. Construction wise, they were not tights.

Those I admit took some getting used to, but I eventually was ok with them since they were still the good old tights, just a bit manlier and thicker. It was also just kind of the way the graphics were with Twilight Princess. In Skyward Sword they could obviously put him in tights, it's a concious choice and not just the way the graphics are.
Neko _Itachi_mew
cosmar22
Zelda is probably one of the best games out there skward sword has wiimote swinging...wonder what it will be like when we get to virtual gaming O.o i

sometimes i go physco with the wii remote like if it real sword lol
Wait but the games not even out yet >.> what are you talking about wii sports resort.....CAUSE I LOVE HITTING THINGS
just......pointing that out there

6,675 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
I have been going INSANE waiting for Skyward Sword!!!!
Any game in the LOZ series is AMAZING!!!!!! heart heart
Midna was the coolest sidekick and if they have a stupid navi go HEY LISTEN; I THINK I WILL EXPLODE!! burning_eyes

5,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
Thet are all amazing!! =D i love them all! heart heart heart

Blessed Fatcat

They should've put Midna in SSBB. That would be awesome.

And they should've made the TP Link in SSBB be able to transform into the wolf.

Anyways, I liked Wind Waker. I liked the vastness. It had places that were not mandatory to go to but for little extra things like side quests. And the ghost ship and the giant octopus. I main reason I like Majora was because you could turn into the Gorons, the Dekus, and the Zoras. Fierce Deity as well.

And I need Skyward Sword...really bad.

Fashionable Cultist

13,600 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time and Phantom Hourglass are my top 3. whee I hope Skyward Sword end up awesome, but it's still unclear.
BeyondeBirthday
But the one major flaw of OoT, and I'm sure you'll agree too:
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
scream SHUT UP, FOR GOD'S SAKE!

Really? I think it's one of it's charms! biggrin It adds to the game. (Yes, she's annoying, but I feel we would be missing something crucial without it...)

Liberal Voter

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Karyu-tono

Those I admit took some getting used to, but I eventually was ok with them since they were still the good old tights, just a bit manlier and thicker. It was also just kind of the way the graphics were with Twilight Princess. In Skyward Sword they could obviously put him in tights, it's a concious choice and not just the way the graphics are.

I think they were more pants than tights. I don't know why the tights are such a big deal with you, Link should be able to switch up his wardrobe every now and then without ridicule. 3nodding
I can't wait for skyward sword

Unsealed Duck

Ogyshi
BeyondeBirthday
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"

Really? I think it's one of it's charms! biggrin It adds to the game. (Yes, she's annoying, but I feel we would be missing something crucial without it...)

It actually bothered me not having it (or Midna's laugh which I can perfectly recreate) in Phantom Hourglass. I felt so lonely. I couldn't talk to my fairy unless she wanted to speak to me. I like being overly pestered than this lonely little wandering boy in green. emo

Anxious Lunatic

Ogyshi
BeyondeBirthday
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"

I guess I would take it easy if she actually said something useful. But everytime I listen, she just says something I already know.
Sheik: "Go to Kakariko Village and get the teasure there."
Navi: "Hey! Listen! Should we trust this Sheik guy and go to kakariko?"
She even makes you doubt yourself gonk
Nah, I actually remember being stuck in the Goron temple, (you know, where those spike things shoot out at you and you have to get on the pillars, that area) and I listened to Navi and all she said was something like, "We have to save dondogo cavern!" I was like, "REALLY!? You think?!" xp
I hated that area. I was so desperate that I asked Saria too with the ocarina and she was just as helpful, "I'm so glad that he liked my song!" gonk No one wants to help a hero in need!

Liberal Voter

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Ogyshi
BeyondeBirthday
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"
"Hey! Listen!"

You must be deaf... eek

I feel like her desperate pleas for attention never yielded any information important enough to warrant the annoyance. Midna, on the other hand, was not only entertaining, but useful. I miss her so much! The ending of that game almost made me cry. crying
x54599714248x
My favs the original (which you didn't put gonk ), but OoT is my second.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff