• Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
yeah, cook it like squash
you can fry it
you can stir fry it
you can probably steam it?

go to allrecipes.com
voodoo donut
I just saute it with a little olive oil or butter and some garlic. DELICIOUS snack^^

Well said smile

Fuzzy Fairy

My mom grew a TON so we've been trying different things.

You can cut it into slices and put some seasoning like garlic salt or whatever you like and bake for half an hour on each side.

My mom steams it sometimes and puts some cheese on top.

Or I usually saute it with onions and yellow squash.

Yummm.
you can turn them into pancakes. They are so good that way. Put them in food processor, then add egg or bread crumbs. Season with garlic powder and onion powder to taste. Make patties and put them in the skillet.
You can make delicious zucchini fries smile I've made these before to accompany my homemade burgers, it was YUM!

Ingredients

Zucchini Fries
200g Japanese panko breadcrumbs
3 tbs finely grated parmesan
1 tsp sweet paprika
3 medium zucchini, cut into thick batons
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Olive oil spray

Method

To make zucchini fries, preheat oven to 210C. Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and paprika in a shallow bowl.

Dip zucchini in egg then breadcrumb mixture to coat.

Place crumbed zucchini in a single layer on a lightly oiled oven tray.

Spray with olive oil and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.

Sourced from:
http://au.tv.yahoo.com/my-kitchen-rules/recipes/recipe/-/16349000/mkr4-recipe-beef-burgers-with-zucchini-fries/

6,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Make zucchini bread. If made correctly it tastes like pound cake. *__*
Morbid Bubblegum
Another option that hasn't been mentioned is grilling or BBQ'ing. You can slice it with peppers and potatos, mix it with olive oil, balsamic, spices like salt, pepper, italian, thyme, rosemary etc, throw it all in a tin foil wrap. Tastes super good. 3nodding

Professional Friend

I refer zucchini steamed as opposed to fried. It has a sweet flavor. I also love it mixed into red pasta sauce or in tomato-based soups. My mother-in-law grows zucchini so we always have dozens that I chop up and freeze to add to pasta or soup.

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I grow zucchini during the summer and I've come up with hundreds of ways of cooking it.

Lightly salting and peppering before frying it is my personal favorite.
Pickling it brings out the sweetness in it as well as making it into a relish.
Chopping them up and adding them to any casserole is a good move too ohhh and to creamy pastas.
Cutting it down the middle and adding seasonings like garlic,paprika,red pepper flakes, what have you, and put it in the oven for half an hour until its soft enough to run a fork across it and dig in its skin. Its a wonderful dish for a meatless meal.
Chop them up and stew them with other mixed veggies is a wonderful idea too especially with it becoming colder.
OMG and I almost forgot zucchini bread which may not sound yummy but it really is and actually kind of sweet.
Blend it with other veges and add it to tomato sauce for pasta, Cut it small and put it in omletes, make vege lasagna with it ( maybe make a baby lasagna).

Frozen Fairy

zucchini is disgusting.
considering the wide range of vegetables available, i see no need to eat it

Vampire

9,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
There's always zucchini chips!

Shameless Fatcat

What CAN'T you do with zucchini? Zucchini bread, baked zucchini, stuffed zucchini, zucchini pasta, zucchini egg casserole, fried zucchini chips, if you can dream it you can do it with zucchini.

Elder

I usually grill it or bake it in the oven with a little seasoning. Or if I'm treating myself my family has a zucchini bread recipe.

[Soy]'s Waifu

Rainbow Entrepreneur

its mild in flavor
but I like it sauteed with alil bit of garlic or onion

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items