Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was going to make http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/26/copycat-amys-mexican-tamale-pies/ and it calls for zuchini. A little bit of zuchini. My gorcery store hates me and decided to stop selling single zuchini sssooo.. I bought a pack of 3.

Wtf do you do with zuchini? Can you saute/hash it like yellow squash? ...Fry it..? What does it taste like? Can't say I've ever had zuchini..
I guess you can blend zuchini for that recipe or something. I usually have them cooked or salad.

Shameless Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Zucchini is a squash- use it like any other squash.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
You can saute it with yellow squash, onions and tomatoes with some thyme or basil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic and serve it over rice, you can cut it thin, bread it and fry it and serve with lemon aioli, you can use it to make zucchini bread or croquets, summer salad, you can even make zucchini chips. There are tons of things you can do with zucchini. It has a nice light flavor that blends well with other things...zucchini frite is my favorite. But I've also seen people use thinly sliced zucchini in place of noodles in veggie lasagna (in place of meat use mushrooms in the sauce...has really bright, earthy flavors). Try checking out myrecipes.com and look up zucchini. You'll find tons of good recipes that way.

Ruthless Elder

7,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
I just saute it with a little olive oil or butter and some garlic. DELICIOUS snack^^

Dedicated Friend

7,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I only have one use for zucchini myself: tempura frying it. It's the only way I'll eat it. whee
fry it smile
You can use it like any yellow squash / summer squash. Personally I always slice mine into matchsticks, sprinkle some salt over it an let that sit for like 20-30 min, then add some flour to the zucchini and liquid. Then I pan fry that as a sort of a fritter.... thing.
make a zucchini slice, it's literally a piece of heaven 4laugh

Dangerous Hunter

make noodles
User Image
User Image

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
It's really good if you grill it with a little olive oil foil wrapt. I also like it if you have it combined with squash.

Timid Explorer

4,550 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Dressed Up 200
shred it up make banana bread with it!!! its really moist

Melodious Sleuth

15,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Friendly 100
Depending on how big it is you could make zucchini bread.

Hopeful Visionary

23,700 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150
Raidus
I guess you can blend zuchini for that recipe or something. I usually have them cooked or salad.
agreed.
Another option that hasn't been mentioned is grilling or BBQ'ing. You can slice it with peppers and potatos, mix it with olive oil, balsamic, spices like salt, pepper, italian, thyme, rosemary etc, throw it all in a tin foil wrap. Tastes super good. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff