Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nanne
MegaTurkey
Nanne
MegaTurkey
Nanne
Salt water. Put rough sea salt in water and drink it in the morning (in an empty stomach).

Staying away from sugar, too much fat and wheat (pasta, bread, etc) helps me to get much more lighter feeling. But I'm sure you already knew this.

Can you source me any articles from reputable, peer-reviewed medical journals to back up this information?

It's common knowledge for people who fast. Google it.

What google brings up isn't regulated and may not be supported by scientific evidence; information on 99% of websites can be written by anyone, for any reason and can be completely wrong.

Drinking salt water is an unnecessary activity unless it is after a bout of intense exercise or diarrhoea, to replace lost electrolytes.

In fact, if you suffer from hypertension - it is contraindicative and can be dangerous.

There is plenty of backing up. And it does not cause diarrea, it just makes it come out quick in the morning. Drugstores also sell a thing called glauber salt for for that.

What happens is that when you intake so much salt your body tries to get rid of it as soon as possible (usually within the hour).

Don't argue with someone who knows what it does.

Care to present us with your "backing up"?

"Glauber's Salt" or Sodium Sulfate is an entirely different chemical to "table salt" or Sodium Chloride...

Drinking salt water as a laxative doesn't work and can seriously damage your health. And Glauber's Salt isn't considered an effective laxative anymore, when considering the other options available over the counter. But it is an excellent filler in laundry detergents and is unsurpassed in the manufacture of wood pulp.

Human physiology doesn't work like that. Excess Na and Cl ions are excreted in urine, they don't affect the motility of the GI tract. According to the Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pavia, Italy, "Administration of 154 mM NaCl did not affect gastrointestinal motility nor did it disrupt migrating motor complex (MMC) cycling" in the dog model. Even if there is evidence to suggest that it does, NaCl solutions wouldn't be used as laxatives in a clinical setting because the risks to health don't outweigh the benefits and if you want a laxative - then use a laxative.

Bashful Streaker

MegaTurkey

"Glauber's Salt" or Sodium Sulfate is an entirely different chemical to "table salt" or Sodium Chloride...

Drinking salt water as a laxative doesn't work and can seriously damage your health. And Glauber's Salt isn't considered an effective laxative anymore, when considering the other options available over the counter. But it is an excellent filler in laundry detergents and is unsurpassed in the manufacture of wood pulp.

Human physiology doesn't work like that. Excess Na and Cl ions are excreted in urine, they don't affect the motility of the GI tract. According to the Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pavia, Italy, "Administration of 154 mM NaCl did not affect gastrointestinal motility nor did it disrupt migrating motor complex (MMC) cycling" in the dog model. Even if there is evidence to suggest that it does, NaCl solutions wouldn't be used as laxatives in a clinical setting because the risks to health don't outweigh the benefits and if you want a laxative - then use a laxative.

I'm a medical student, in a few years I should hopefully be able to put "Dr" in front of my name.
Quote:
"Don't argue with someone who knows what it does."

I said rough sea salt (in) water, not just regular salt. And also drugstores sell that glauber salt (no, not the same thing, I know).

I've already told you, you will find information and backing up if you google for it.

Also tldr, your argument is pointless.
Nanne
MegaTurkey

I'm a medical student, in a few years I should hopefully be able to put "Dr" in front of my name.
Quote:

I said rough sea salt (in) water, not just regular salt. And also drugstores sell that glauber salt (no, not the same thing, I know).

I've already told you, you will find information and backing up if you google for it.

Why don't you just pop down to your local hospital? I'm sure you'd make a great gastroenterologist! Who needs 5 or 6 years of medical school, followed by at least 5 years of postgrad training when we've got google and people like you with an ethos of "tldr"?! emotion_donotwant

Bashful Streaker

MegaTurkey
Nanne
MegaTurkey

Quote:

Why don't you just pop down to your local hospital? I'm sure you'd make a great gastroenterologist! Who needs 5 or 6 years of medical school, followed by at least 5 years of postgrad training when we've got google and people like you with an ethos of "tldr"?! smile

But you googled that part up anyways, didn't you?

Shoulnd't be too harmful to use the sea salt water for flushing if you don't do it daily. It is considered a more natural way to cleanse your body from toxins. And yes, it works as a laxative (Mind you I've tried it many times).

Wheezing Fatcat

I'm sure you already know that there are two types of fiber: soluble and insoluble.

The insoluble fibers are your bulk fibers - things your body just can't digest that help move out solid waste. These are things like wheat, corn, nuts, seeds and celery.

Soluble fibers, obviously, are soluble, meaning they can be digested and absorbed into the bloodstream. Be sure to get plenty of these. Good sources of soluble fibers are fruits (berries, apples, pears, bananas, and prunes), potatoes, yams, onions, oats and barley. In the same way bulk fiber cleans your colon, soluble fiber cleans your vessels.

Also drink lots of water to flush everything out.

And stay away from this drinking salt water thing - people who are stranded at sea don't drink seawater for good reason!

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
o m g tainbait
Trisss emotion_kirakira
As soon as you go back to your normal habits of eating healthy, your body will work is magic, it'll take about a week or so, but you'll feel soooo much better than fasting or something.

Water, tea, and rough/leafy foods will all help <3

just remember we all need a break from being healthy and to not hold any of that against yourself. C:
Yes but if I start to feel tired and I have a job it's not a good mixture. sad
- A capful or two of apple cider vinegar in water.

- Unsweetened cranberry juice. Dilute it with water first.

- Good old green tea, or dandelion tea.

- Fruits and veggies with plenty of fiber.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Ophrysia
- A capful or two of apple cider vinegar in water.

- Unsweetened cranberry juice. Dilute it with water first.

- Good old green tea, or dandelion tea.

- Fruits and veggies with plenty of fiber.
Thanks
oTrissa
MegaTurkey
"Detox" is a load of garbage. Just start eating healthily from now on and you'll feel better - what you're feeling is probably, in part, psychological. Enough said.
I eat healthy all the time. I eat healthier than most people I know. And most of the world.

Obviously you eay healthier then most of the world with all that fast food and frozen food you are trying to flush out. Oh and smoothies wknt give fiber. Fiber is the parts and strands that your body cant digest, which is why the skins have the fiber but you stickthat in the blender and it wont push anything out caus eitll be already chopped super small

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
samhunterchris
oTrissa
MegaTurkey
"Detox" is a load of garbage. Just start eating healthily from now on and you'll feel better - what you're feeling is probably, in part, psychological. Enough said.
I eat healthy all the time. I eat healthier than most people I know. And most of the world.

Obviously you eay healthier then most of the world with all that fast food and frozen food you are trying to flush out. Oh and smoothies wknt give fiber. Fiber is the parts and strands that your body cant digest, which is why the skins have the fiber but you stickthat in the blender and it wont push anything out caus eitll be already chopped super small
Yeah and if you don't notice it stays I ate it for only one week, would my body feel like s**t if I was used to that funk?
I don't take supplements.
Spell check.

Timid Prophet

7,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
I agree with everyone saying
that detox isn't the best route,
but there is a fruit high in fiber
that a lot of people don't eat. Try
Papaya, it's a miracle for me when
I want to speed up my digestive
process a little.

Dapper Prophet

apple cider vinegar and niacin.

Friendly Citizen

Juice up some Ginger and soup up some cabbage and you're good to go : )
I've read amazing things about each, one of which helps to 'flush out' your system.

All the best ♥

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Terror Trina
I agree with everyone saying
that detox isn't the best route,
but there is a fruit high in fiber
that a lot of people don't eat. Try
Papaya, it's a miracle for me when
I want to speed up my digestive
process a little.
Yeah I've never had a papaya.
Does it really work that well? Guess I've been missing out then. I'll have to get some. Hopefully I like how it tastes....

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Death Before Dish0nor
Juice up some Ginger and soup up some cabbage and you're good to go : )
I've read amazing things about each, one of which helps to 'flush out' your system.

All the best ♥
Ohh I forgot about ginger ty.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas