Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Elder

When you're browsing the Harry Potter forums while watching/listening to A Very Potter Musical.
Eleventh_Letter
When you're browsing the Harry Potter forums while watching/listening to A Very Potter Musical.

There's actually a musical?

jesusx10 generated a random number between 345 and 543 ... 361!

harry potter is a awesome movie and book
You no ur a hp nerd when you read his books one after another and once you finish the serise then u start again on the same day

Chatty Elder

Giuli Skellington
Eleventh_Letter

There's actually a musical?

Yeah, a fan-made one at least. Pretty funny.

4,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Generous 100
when u think ur math teacher is as mean as snape!

Friendly Lunatic

9,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Window Shopper 100
You know you're a Harry Potter nerd when you constantly have to defend your favorite character (*cough* Evelyn and Snape *cough*).

You also know you're a Harry Potter nerd when you can't go a day without mentioning it at least once.
Evelyn the Night Hawk
n00b_it_up

...Snape was actually a pretty good teacher, y'know. I, personally, wouldn't mind having a teacher like Snape.
He was a horrible teacher. No good teacher has personal vendettas against particular students and lets it affect their entire classroom the way Snape did with Harry (or the Gryffindors in general). No good teacher makes personally insulting remarks to thirteen year old girls the way Snape does to Hermione about Draco's teeth-growing hex. No good teacher simply writes the instructions on the board and then sets the kiddies loose like Snape does with every potion. It's akin to a Chemistry teacher never going over the why or hows of chemistry, just sticking the kids in lab every day with an instruction sheet. The closest Snape gets to actually teaching is his homework assignments, but even then its more like directed research than teaching.

...don't misunderstand, I love Severus Snape and would also not mind him as a teacher, but he isn't actually a good teacher, just highly knowledgeable in his subject area. Between Snape, Binns, Trelawney, and the various DADA professors Hogwarts actually has a pretty horrible staff lineup. Thank Merlin for McGonagall, Flitwick, and Sprout.

Friendly Lunatic

9,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Window Shopper 100
Quote:
It's akin to a Chemistry teacher never going over the why or hows of chemistry, just sticking the kids in lab every day with an instruction sheet.

My Chemistry JUST did that on Friday. XD
When Your Getting Beat Up By The Cool Kids for Reading The Half Blood Prince. Well being beaten you keep screaming girlishly, "Expecto Petronum!"

Chatty Elder

Well, I know that I am skimming through the dreaded My Immortal just to laugh at it (it is horrible but "Voldemort got a dude-ur-so-retarded look on his face. “I hath telekinesis.”' is laughable) and because it has Harry Potter references I figured 'why not?'
Erin Sovenya
Evelyn the Night Hawk
n00b_it_up

...Snape was actually a pretty good teacher, y'know. I, personally, wouldn't mind having a teacher like Snape.
He was a horrible teacher. No good teacher has personal vendettas against particular students and lets it affect their entire classroom the way Snape did with Harry (or the Gryffindors in general). No good teacher makes personally insulting remarks to thirteen year old girls the way Snape does to Hermione about Draco's teeth-growing hex. No good teacher simply writes the instructions on the board and then sets the kiddies loose like Snape does with every potion. It's akin to a Chemistry teacher never going over the why or hows of chemistry, just sticking the kids in lab every day with an instruction sheet. The closest Snape gets to actually teaching is his homework assignments, but even then its more like directed research than teaching.

...don't misunderstand, I love Severus Snape and would also not mind him as a teacher, but he isn't actually a good teacher, just highly knowledgeable in his subject area. Between Snape, Binns, Trelawney, and the various DADA professors Hogwarts actually has a pretty horrible staff lineup. Thank Merlin for McGonagall, Flitwick, and Sprout.

Need we forget wonderful Remus Lupin? Or Hagr- ok, so, not Hagrid.

You know you're a Harry Potter nerd when you argue with someone for over an hour the worth of Tonks. God, how dare she support Sirius/Remus. HOW DARE SHE!!!

We all know Remus loves me.
i love the harry potter books
All the Harry Potter books are amazing. You're a total nerd when you know every little bit of information in each movie and or book.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff