Welcome to Gaia! ::

Visitor Count: (got nothing else to ask >.<)

+1 (cause I'm cool like that) 1 100.0% [ 109 ]
Total Votes:[ 109 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Wealthy Noob

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Mayor Gravity
ll Live Laugh Love ll
ll The Slytherin Queen ll
ll Live Laugh Love ll
I don't like Snape. I don't know what you all see in him.

His character might be hard to understand. It's not easy to really understand him and appreciate his role.

I get it, but I always find him bitter and unpleasant. He's such a bully.
Have you read the books? It makes a lot more sense as to why he is the way he is. The movies left that out.

I read the books a while ago. I know about the whole Lily thing but that doesn't mean he can be such an a*****e to Harry and the other Gryffindors.
I mean, Harry's the son of Lily, his lover, so shouldn't he be nicer to him?

Questionable Borg

ll Live Laugh Love ll
Mayor Gravity
ll Live Laugh Love ll
ll Live Laugh Love ll
I don't like Snape. I don't know what you all see in him.

His character might be hard to understand. It's not easy to really understand him and appreciate his role.

I get it, but I always find him bitter and unpleasant. He's such a bully.
Have you read the books? It makes a lot more sense as to why he is the way he is. The movies left that out.

I read the books a while ago. I know about the whole Lily thing but that doesn't mean he can be such an a*****e to Harry and the other Gryffindors.
Not necessarily.

Wealthy Noob

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Minerva Diane
I don't get all the Ginny hate.

She did nothing for the series except pine after Harry. She is supposed this perfect character pretty, popular, and intelligent. No one is that damn perfect. We all know what it's like to have a crush on someone and be akward around them. Other than that, she has no other qualities that make me as a reader relate to her. I am not even conviced that she is intelligent. Does Tom Riddle's Diary ring any bells?
If a magical object writes back to you, you run away as fast as you can. She was raised in the magical world she should have known better.

I disagree.
In the movies, she had about two or three other boyfriends. Even though she never really gave up on him from the beginning, she decided to move on for a while.
We know she isn't perfect, that's why she wrote back in the journal. Curiosity killed the cat, ever heard of that? Well, her curiosity took over, and plus, Tom Riddle Jr. was kind to her and understood her, something that she doesn't find really often, being the only girl in her family.
Harry wrote back in the book, too, didn't he? And even if she was raised in the wizarding world, Harry was no stranger to magic and its abilities.
She does have qualities, as mentioned in the book constantly. She's supposed to be strong-willed, feisty, spunky, etc. The book mentions her similarities to Fred and George a lot, too.
She's also pretty brave, considering she's in Gryffindor.

Wealthy Noob

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Mayor Gravity

I mean, Harry's the son of Lily, his lover, so shouldn't he be nicer to him?Not necessarily.

Why not? Shouldn't it be better respect to her memory?

Celestial Spirit

ll Live Laugh Love ll
Mayor Gravity
ll Live Laugh Love ll

Not necessarily.

Why not? Shouldn't it be better respect to her memory?

Sorry for poking my nose in here, but... Snape happens to be my favorite character.
My understanding of Snape's character is that he's the one Dumbledore can trust to do what is necessary, regardless of how difficult or abhorrant it might be. I believe there's a reason Dumbledore never stopped the bullying - it was necessary to prepare Harry and anyone who might fight with him to face things and people much worse than that. It was also necessary for Snape to keep up appearances, if he was going to continue to pretend to be a loyal Deatheater and report on their activities to the Order. Therefore whatever Snape might have wanted, personally, became irrelevant in the face of necessity.
But it was the ambiguity of the character that makes him so fascinating. For every action he took, there always seemed to be at least two possible motivations for it. ...if you're looking for them, anyway.

Blessed Ladykiller

7,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
cephalopodprince

4. Luna and Neville are a terrible ship and I hate that the movies put them together

neville actually marries hannah abbott

Wealthy Noob

4,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Kimothyxx

I didn't really like Dobby all that much.. I like him but I didn't mind so much when he died. The same with Hedwig.

I agree.

Divine Nymph

12,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I think DracoXApple is kind of...weird.
I think that Draco and Hermione would've been pretty awesome as a couple.
At times, the movie Harry was really annoying... eek

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I'm actually ecstatic with how everything ended............. and I actually things the books were written very well.
I really dislike the Mauraders. They are horrible kids that grow up to be horrible adults.

James - The bully, and all around jerk. Although he does redeem himself in when he tries to fight off Voldemort.

Sirius - The arrogant jerk and hypocrite.

Lupin - The doormat who sits around and does nothing. The only thing he is good for is handing out chocolate, and leaving Tonks.

Peter - Not much to say here. Foolish, brainless, sycophant.

I also don't think much of the Draco x Hermoine pairing. I am not sure why people like this one, I guess that its the whole opposites attract thing. I am not a fan of pairings where two charachters hate each other. That and I really can't see them together romantically.

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

1) Ginny sucks, I wish Harry hadn't been paired with her. I really didn't like how that was written with the whole "monster in Harry's stomach" or whatever it was. When it purred at the thought of Harry kissing Ginny, I felt a bit nauseated - LOL. It's the only thing I dislike in book 6.

2) Part of me wishes that Snape and Lily had been together. Don't get me wrong, I utterly loathed Snape for most of the series but after the reveal of his utter devotion and love for Lily, he just seems better than James. Then again, we didn't get much insight into Lily and James' relationship or much about James as a character so I'm definitely being unfair. D:
It's just, it's hinted that Snape came from an abusive background - his parents didn't get on, so it makes it easy for me to assume that he's similar to Voldemort in terms of not knowing love. (Obviously not to that extent, but still quite significant in magnitude or a lack of magnitude, I guess?). Whereas, James is mentioned to have been well-loved/pampered/adored by his parents. You just sympathise with Snape more, because he finally finds love in Lily. I dunno.

Dapper Genius

7,750 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Clambake 200
I actually like the character Ginny and think Fred and George were glorified bullies.

Divine Nymph

12,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Premys
ElectricBeat
I think DracoXApple is kind of...weird.
I think that Draco and Hermione would've been pretty awesome as a couple.
At times, the movie Harry was really annoying... eek

Draco and.... Apple? I think I've missed something here XD

you've never heard of Drapple?? lol it's a ship.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff