Welcome to Gaia! ::

Visitor Count: (got nothing else to ask >.<)

+1 (cause I'm cool like that) 1 100.0% [ 109 ]
Total Votes:[ 109 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Divine Nymph

12,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Premys
ElectricBeat
Premys
ElectricBeat
I think DracoXApple is kind of...weird.
I think that Draco and Hermione would've been pretty awesome as a couple.
At times, the movie Harry was really annoying... eek

Draco and.... Apple? I think I've missed something here XD

you've never heard of Drapple?? lol it's a ship.

So now we are shipping people with foodstuff? I'm sorry, but unless the wizarding world have some damn good food preservatives, I can't see that one lasting XD

I'm not even sure how Drapple started with HP fans...but in the third and the..sixth i think Malfoy had an apple so Drapple started ._.
Al-Kutbay
There's just so many.

James was a bully. But he was also a good father and husband.
All is not well and no one learned anything except maybe Harry.

>second

Harry Potter had very little skill. He just had a lot of friends and was very very lucky. He even admits in Order of The Phoenix.

Enduring Gaian

1. I do not dislike Ginny, but Harry/Ginny seemed thrown together for the sake of neatly giving Harry a romantic partner, rather than on the basis of chemistry. When they became an item briefly during the series, I tried to flip back and figure out where they had ever interacted in any meaningful way prior to that happening.

2. Harry was completely justified to be as whiny and depressed and mistrusting as he was in book 5. Everyone who complained about that completely failed to sympathize with Harry's pain - a fact which astounds me. (This does not mean he wasn't wrong and didn't make mistakes, nor that he had nothing to learn - he certainly did).

3. Ron/Hermione was the only romance out of the books that made any semblance of sense to me. Snape's love for Lily notwithstanding.

4. I didn't dislike the epilogue, but I rather wish the ending had simply been open-ended without the glimpse of the future.

OG Gaian

6,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Snowball Hero 200
Coeus Prometheus

I actually think that the only reason Ginny seemed so perfect was because the story was in Harry's point of view. Early in the story he never really talked to her much, and when he did started hanging around her more he started adoring her, and we all know that you tend to look over the flaws of one you like. In the few glimpses we do get at her personality she seemed a bit feisty and hard headed, (if you watch Doctor Who her personality actually reminds me a bit of Amy Pond's.) Even though she did pine after Harry when she was little, she grew up. It seemed, to me, even though she never fully gave up on Harry, she became very independent and strong. Also you claim her to be perfect, though you call her unintelligent, which is definitely a flaw.

OG Gaian

6,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Snowball Hero 200
ll Live Laugh Love ll

I mean, Harry's the son of Lily, his lover, so shouldn't he be nicer to him?

Although Snape was much meaner than he should have been, I don't think he had it in him to be nice. Harry was the son of Lily, but he wasn't his and Lily's son. I think that fact alone would drive anyone who loved Lily as Snape did mad. Then there was the fact that Harry looked strikingly like James, the man who bullied Snape and got the girl. Snape was Determined to see James in Harry, and therefore punish him accordingly. And then Lily died for Harry. If Harry was dead, if Lily hadn't protected him, she would still be alive. Even though I do think that Snape was way to harsh, I see exactly why he was.
                              FINALLY somewhere I can actually mention these without being yelled at biggrin

1. Harry was a whiny b*****d. I'm sorry, but there's just no nicer way to say it! Past about the forth book (or maybe the middle of the forth) he began to really get on my nerves >.>
                              2. Emma Watson shouldn't have played Hermione. As good as she was for the first few movies, it then completely died...
                              3. Neville! I love him to bits, but, honestly, the ending he got from JK. Really, you couldn't even think of something a little more?
                              4. I'm with so many other people. Ginny/Harry makes little to no sense, and only really happens because of her obsession with him at the beginning, which is more of a fangirl crush than anything she'd likely feel in years to come.
                              5. JK is a story-teller who has turned a generation of kids to reading. She is not, however, the best writer in the world.

Also, I'm not sure this is relevant, but when someone in the fandom argues that Snape is clearly the sexiest character in the books. Alright, fine, have him as your favourite character - have him as a fangirl crush, even! But when people tell you that your opinion isn't valid because clearly the person that, for the first five books you aren't meant to like, is the best. >.>

And I'm gonna stop now, before I pass into the world of fandom...
                              Premys

I'll never tell someone to shut up when they want to discuss something. Not when they're being as reasonable as you are...

1. Well, I know he had to be a little whiny, but as we moved into the last few books (mostly the last one, I felt) I honestly just thought 'oh, for goodness sake, you don't always have to be the centre of attention!' Yeah, I can totally understand the upset kind of whining, but the rest just irritated me a little...

3. Oh, he definitely got a good deal out it. Much better than Harry. Though, I have to ask, where did you get all of that information? I didn't know half of that (psh, fail, sorry)! Then again, I rarely use things like wikipedia anymore, and I fail at Pottermore, so it's understandable that I don't know these things... I guess I kind of felt like everyone else had a good explenation of what happened to them, but Neville dropped off the radar a little, especially considering his contribution to the final battle.

Actually, I quite like Snape, if only because he's snarky and that I loved to loath him at first, and then loved the way he truly felt. Somehow I think I would disagree if he was meant to be an adonis, as you put it ^^;

Shameless Man-Lover

ll The Slytherin Queen ll
I don't get all the Ginny hate.

I personally love Ginny.
Watching the movies, Idk it showed me how Hogwarts morphed her into such a fine wizard, (along with the help from Harry and his training.) I dunno, people can disagree, but idrc, I love Ginny.

Shameless Man-Lover

CelestialChild
1. I do not dislike Ginny, but Harry/Ginny seemed thrown together for the sake of neatly giving Harry a romantic partner, rather than on the basis of chemistry. When they became an item briefly during the series, I tried to flip back and figure out where they had ever interacted in any meaningful way prior to that happening.

2. Harry was completely justified to be as whiny and depressed and mistrusting as he was in book 5. Everyone who complained about that completely failed to sympathize with Harry's pain - a fact which astounds me. (This does not mean he wasn't wrong and didn't make mistakes, nor that he had nothing to learn - he certainly did).

3. Ron/Hermione was the only romance out of the books that made any semblance of sense to me. Snape's love for Lily notwithstanding.

4. I didn't dislike the epilogue, but I rather wish the ending had simply been open-ended without the glimpse of the future.

I love you, I get everything you are saying.
But with Ginny and Harry, I dunno, during the whole thing I think I just figured they'd end up together just because. I mean, it gave him a partner to where as if Ginny and him didn't have the interest in each other, he would have ended up alone.

I think if she wanted Ginny and Harry to really be together, she should've added more spice to their relationship, like maybe jealousy when he saw her kissing another male and little stuff like that.

I dunno, the two confused, and as I said before, to be honest, I think she only put them together just so he wouldn't end up alone.

Enduring Gaian

Tohnee
I love you, I get everything you are saying.
But with Ginny and Harry, I dunno, during the whole thing I think I just figured they'd end up together just because. I mean, it gave him a partner to where as if Ginny and him didn't have the interest in each other, he would have ended up alone.

I think if she wanted Ginny and Harry to really be together, she should've added more spice to their relationship, like maybe jealousy when he saw her kissing another male and little stuff like that.

I dunno, the two confused, and as I said before, to be honest, I think she only put them together just so he wouldn't end up alone.

It's difficult to say what Rowling's intentions were. She was a very meticulous planner from the beginning; she may have always intended Ginny and Harry to end up together, but if so it didn't really work out well for me as a reader. I would almost say that Ginny and Harry romance was too inconvenient in the midst of the rest of the plot (there were other things to worry about), so her intentions did not spell out well.

I would have sooner bet on Harry with Luna Lovegood (since Hermione and Ron were a long time coming). She and Harry had much chemistry in the way of friendship, and seemed to have far more significant moments together, and that could have easily sprouted into something more had Rowling wished it.

Desirable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Al-Kutbay
There's just so many.

Angelina marrying her dead ex-boyfriend's identical twin brother creeps me out.

Ron and Hermione are not a good couple and Hermione comes off as mildly abusive and majorly controlling.

This. 3nodding

Ruthless Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Loiterer 100
Solid v1
Al-Kutbay
There's just so many.

James was a bully. But he was also a good father and husband.
All is not well and no one learned anything except maybe Harry.

>second

Harry Potter had very little skill. He just had a lot of friends and was very very lucky. He even admits in Order of The Phoenix.

Not sure what this has to do with either of my opinions, sorry.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff