Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's been a year since Deathly Hallows Part 2. What do you think of the fandom's current status?

Still going strong. 0.51234567901235 51.2% [ 83 ]
Comes and goes in waves. 0.38271604938272 38.3% [ 62 ]
Fading out. 0.067901234567901 6.8% [ 11 ]
Dying. 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 162 ]
<<< << < 1 2 ... 971 972 973

... There's life?! Still?! Who would've thought, out of all the house threads this would be the only one people still come back to once in a while. : )

Winter Soldier

44,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
Because this house knows how to survive unlike the others.

Gryffindor dies in battles trying to be heroes.
Ravenclaw wastes away locked up reading books.
Hufflepuff no one knows what happened to them.
This isn't actually a house though. Slytherin's thread is just as dead ;P

Winter Soldier

44,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Hellraiser 500
Oh hush you. xd

Winter Soldier

44,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Hellraiser 500
Bringing this over from PMs since can and should be debated about here and other HP threads I suppose. I'm tossing it here, since well Slytherin and all.

Yes I do enjoy reading the whole thing in shades of grey, lots of those type fics tend to open a new and third side to the war if not changing slightly one of the former sides (dark usually) ideals in a way for improvements for their world.

Whilst I do understand the whole concept of the light and good, they downgrade things a lot I believe. Banning this and that because dark or whatnots, however I believe any spell can become "dark", it's a matter of creativity.
Not saying the entire ideals of the dark is correct at times, given there is still need for fresh blood (whether half-bloods or more muggle-borns) to continue the flow of magic, good examples are the various half-bloods in the series already, more powerful than the pure bloods (ex.: Severus, Dark Lord, Potter brat).

Oh and did hear of this? This made me wonder why she really didn't follow with it.
JKRowling questions relationship
Given frankly it's somewhat a wonder how they actually hitched together in the end if considering things. Granger would had had more luck with say any Slytherin even than that brat (like Blaise if want one somewhat more neutral).
She has her worth despite being a muggle-born, just needs to tone down just a tad maybe that nee to show off a bit. xd
Not a bad trait however at times overbearing I believe.

Winter Soldier

44,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Hellraiser 500
Oh I remember that place, passed by it a good while ago but was too busy for RPGs.

Adorable Wife

11,225 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
I'm currently too busy to make my posts look pretty. In fact, I should be studying for an exam. But, I thought I might pop in.

Most of the other threads are...inactive. But It's nice to pop in once in a while. See how people are doing.

Winter Soldier

44,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Hellraiser 500
Being how Ravenclaw you can be at times, I'm sure you'll do fine on the exam.

Although I do understand you at times, hard to make decent proper posts like before... sweatdrop

Winter Soldier

44,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Hellraiser 500
Anika_Strizuki
You know what makes me wonder about the "dark" side? It's the fact that purebloods don't wish to ruin their pure line. I mean, I get it. This happened with royal families ages ago who wished to continue the royal bloodline. But it made me wonder if the dark lord or any of the purebloods understood the potential results of continuously inbreeding among themselves, like genetic disorders and lower fertility rate. But aren't squibs usually from pureblooded families? Is that the result of inbreeding? I wouldn't be surprised. It just makes me curious. Like what if the dark lord figured that out (you know, if he ended up winning the war and all), what would he have done?

I truly don't believe that people were right about classifying some spells as "Dark". It's all about the intent of the individual. Like the cruciatus curse. You really have to mean it in order for it to cause serious harm. But a part of me thinks that even the killing curse itself isn't necessarily evil (even if killing is pretty unforgivable). But when I think about patients in hospitals, and how some have little to no chance of surviving and experience great pain daily regardless of the amount of pain-killers received...wouldn't it be merciful? If an individual was to use this on a person who is suffering greatly with no chance of living afterwards...someone who begged for death to avoid a horrible end. I don't know. It just seems a bit complicated to think about it.

Oh! That interview with Rowling! Yeah I saw that. I don't detest the pair, but I truly think that Hermione would have been better off with Harry himself than Ron. But with an intelligent mind like hers, Hermione needs someone who is intellectual and would mentally challenge her. I couldn't really see her with someone her age, but someone older...wiser. But I can see how they could work...my friend was devastated when she found out. But I ended up having a long conversation pointing out how the pair could work and could end up with a devastating split.
Who do you think Hermione would be better paired with?

Hmm I suppose the Dark Lord may had known/considered it, given he did have some muggle upbringing which would give any wizard some different ideas and angles to certain situations however, this before he went all immortality crazy perhaps.
With the pure bloods its more complicated, they follow too closely the old ways which included marrying within the pure lines, which since they didn't add in to it, became less in number, you'd think they'd maybe even marry into foreign pure bloods, given the magical community isn't just Great Britain/England.
Yes the squibs come from the interbreeding of the pure bloods, in this case many of those squibs being out cast some may have ventured to the muggle world, which in a sense could explain part of the influx of muggleborns, somewhere in their line (chances mostly a grand parent but may occur from a normal parent as well - although I go more with the older gen given to give time for the magic to have more influence, so skip generation of sorts) the magic was already there. I believe if the Dark Lord had the time and no longer fretted over the prophecy and his mortality he may have found this and attempted to strengthen magic with this in mind, again chances. Given at the same time with the increase of supposed half-bloods, more powerful witches and wizards will be popping up and he'd go back to his fear of being overthrown or something (given we can consider the half bloods most know are pretty strong - Severus, the Dark Lord and Potter).
As for what he may had done? I suppose explain his findings (or just force them) to the pure bloods about increasing magic power and in a way as well magical population (ministry law?) to correct the flaws that had been create over time from the interbreeding.

Exactly. I believe that was the original intent of the killing curse however basically some "bad" wizard used it for the wrong things and it just developed form there to being used incorrectly as time passed to the point it was banned by the law. Although I would had considered it a right to use within that term (end suffering) for the medical staff, of course with proper permissions (like I suppose need of filing a paper for it and having a proper staff at hand when using said spell, like an auror or what nots and another medical staff to confirm it is best to just finish the poor patient's suffering).
Not exactly complicated its just the average witch and wizards are sheep and do not think for themselves nor out of the box. Hence at times some of the ideas that may come from a muggleborn does or could make a different or matter, not all ideas however of course but some.

Yes true considering her mind she could be better paired off with a different wizard, but if we use the whole childhood friends (or this case school mates) one of the best options is Potter. There could and may be others within the school perhaps, mostly either a Slytherin or Ravenclaw however again, at times Granger tends to push too much and did over show her abilities which may had gotten some of the guys to not consider her, despite you do have that moment in year four everyone notices that she is quite the looker.
Indeed someone older may had been more appealing and compatible with her. Frankly if was possible, she'd date Potter (not marry so early) and at some point in lief and work she'd find someone, chances a forgein wizard along her line of work or partly along it (given she was part within the laws department I think?) and would had made her interact with some witch and wizards not from the area.
However if in the current area, she doesn't really have many options given most were already married, widowed (not many go remarry), imprisoned or dead. Sure on a weird situation perhaps Severus, Lupin (I don't really thought he'd stick with Tonks, acceptable but...) or even oddly enough Lucius, other than those I can't recall many that could give her challenge enough. Maybe even Kingsley.
Whom you'd think good for her now that we got to this anyhow?

And I'm tossing some of this to a post or else some point I need to delete PMs and some of this is interesting to look back on. mrgreen

And on a sad note, tried to ninja the ole Slytherin House thread but Gaia won't permit posts there any more since considered an old place...shame.
Wow, what happened to Gaia? I can't afford anything?

Winter Soldier

44,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Hellraiser 500
The "rich" people....buy with cash sell for gold. And now lots of people have the "need" for gold sinks, which kinda made it annoying for the rest of us...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff