Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like/dislike Ron/Hermione?

I love them together, they're perfect! 0.53932584269663 53.9% [ 48 ]
Dislike/Hate, they're just not right for each other! 0.14606741573034 14.6% [ 13 ]
Meh, it's your typical cliché 'bickering friends falls in love" trope. Nothing special. 0.31460674157303 31.5% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 89 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Aged Humorist

8,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Divorced 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
A Special Illusion
★☆★ User Image User Image User Image ★☆★

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

════════════════

I'm absolutely in love with this ship. They don't bring out the worst in each other, they bring out the fire in each other. They're very different, but they're also alike in many ways too. Ron needs someone to push him forward, and Hermione needs someone to pull her back. That's what they do for each other.
I think they are indeed completely perfect for each other, because of how imperfect they are. Ron and Hermione, in my opinion, are two of the most human characters in the entire series. Their relationship is beautiful in every way and I can't see them with anyone else. It wouldn't make sense.

Haters gonna hate and shippers gonna ship. If anyone tries to say I only like them together because it's canon, well guess what; I've shipped them since I was in grade school. Way before it was canon.

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

Couldn't have said it better. :]

Greedy Capitalist

I don't like it, really.

Ron's an idiot, I can't see Hermione helping him and telling him the answers to things (non-academic), unless shes the motherly type, and if she is, then yeah, it's a good relationship because Rons a bit of a mommas boy and likes to be pampered. And Hermione likes to hear herself speak and likes to have others listen to her.

Hermione could do better, but I suppose being with someone who doesn't challenge her is a nice change of pace, as opposed to being with Harry (whose the Chosen One and an expert duelist) or Krum (in his case, he's so popular that Hermione would need to appear fantastic in her own way, so shes a valid girlfriend and not a fangirl).

So I suppose, they're settling for each other. Ron wants someone who will accept his faults and Hermione wants someone who won't surpass her and make her feel inferior.
iKarnezar
Hermione could do better

The way I see it, that's the point of the Ron/Hermione pairing. Just like Fleur could get any piece of a** she wants, Hermione could get practically any guy more mature than Ron. But she chose him because she fell in love. I don't necesarily ship this couple, but I don't mind them together as much as I used to. At least their relationship has more development than a certain other canon pairing. *cough*Harry/Ginny*cough*
Who cares that they fight? It's better than if they kept everything in and became really passive-aggressive.

Angelic Man-Lover

22,625 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Bookworm 100
I don't mind Ron or 'Mione together, but I prefer 'Mione with other people and she could have done better than Ron. But I don't really like Ron much.

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
Somewhere I saw an icon or banner that was RonxHermione and it said something along the lines of, "You can't save someone from a troll and not fall in love" or something like that. I butchered the quote completely lol, but it made me kinda like the RxH pairing. I don't think it's an abusive relationship but they definitely have a lot of banter.
I never thought of it as abusive, but their love story seems odd. To me, they never really seemed to show affection except through being mad at each other. Maybe a nice thing between them in the book would've been something nice to see. Ron is immature by the way. He's clueless when it comes to girls and their feelings.
x0_FATIMAGIC

The way I see it, that's the point of the Ron/Hermione pairing. Just like Fleur could get any piece of a** she wants, Hermione could get practically any guy more mature than Ron. But she chose him because she fell in love. I don't necesarily ship this couple, but I don't mind them together as much as I used to. At least their relationship has more development than a certain other canon pairing. *cough*Harry/Ginny*cough*

That's exactly how I think of it as well.
I'm rather 'meh' about Ron/Hermione. I guess it's less typical or cliché as Harry/Hermione would be, but still.

I think they work as a couple. Bickering doesn't automatically leads to unhappy marriage or divorce. These things differs greatly between couples.
Mileh
"Ron doesn't deserve Hermione, he's too stupid/immature for her, she can do better!"

I've seen this one a lot... Something I noticed is, he seems to be made out to be a lot dumber in the movies than he is in the books. I mean, he wasn't the brightest boy, and he was goofy and more laid back, but he still knew stuff, and he wasn't a complete dumbass. Heck, he knew stuff about the wizarding world that Hermione didn't, if for no other reason than he was raised in it and she wasn't. I recently re-read the first two books and found a lot of things that he explained, that were explained by other characters in the movies.
On another note, that's a very shallow way of looking at it. Is she supposed to find someone who's just a male version of her, super-smart and uptight?
If we're to believe they are real, human characters, then we have to believe they don't fall in love based on logic, because when has love ever been logical?

Ugh... people, wanting their perfect characters and pairings... how boring...

Gracious Fairy

Never really liked Ron and Hermione together much, yes I saw it coming miles away, but it's rather boring.
Honestly I found myself shipping Hermione and Draco right off the bat, and eventually I liked Ron with other girls.

Not that the ending matters to me much. Canon really means so little when Fanfiction is so valid.
Raivis of Riga
If we're to believe they are real, human characters, then we have to believe they don't fall in love based on logic, because when has love ever been logical?

Ugh... people, wanting their perfect characters and pairings... how boring...

THIS. XD

This is exactly what I love about Remus/Tonks so much. The pairing is such an oddity, and logically, they just don't seem like they should be together. They're not perfect, but neither are Ron/Hermione. Love should never be "logical" or "perfect", as far as I'm concerned.
By Lantern Light
Never really liked Ron and Hermione together much, yes I saw it coming miles away, but it's rather boring.
Honestly I found myself shipping Hermione and Draco right off the bat, and eventually I liked Ron with other girls.

Not that the ending matters to me much. Canon really means so little when Fanfiction is so valid.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not one to accept a pairing just because it's canon, and I've only every read one fanfic that is canon in my mind. But since when has the majority of fanfiction ever been valid? Does Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way seem valid to you? :/

Gracious Fairy

x0_FATIMAGIC
By Lantern Light

Don't get me wrong...I'm not one to accept a pairing just because it's canon, and I've only every read one fanfic that is canon in my mind. But since when has the majority of fanfiction ever been valid? Does Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way seem valid to you? :/
Fanfiction has always been valid. Fanfiction has been made into canon loooooong before J.K. picked up a pen.

Let me ask you this Would you consider Sir Lancelot from Arthurian legends or Maid Marion from Robin Hood as canon characters?
By Lantern Light
x0_FATIMAGIC
By Lantern Light

Fanfiction has always been valid. Fanfiction has been made into canon loooooong before J.K. picked up a pen.

Let me ask you this Would you consider Sir Lancelot from Arthurian legends or Maid Marion from Robin Hood as canon characters?

Yes I would, and I'm not saying that fanfiction has zero influence, because we all know it does. What I am saying is that the credibility of fanfiction dimishes when crappy authors post crappy, unedited work and then expect to be taken seriously.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff