Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like/dislike Ron/Hermione?

I love them together, they're perfect! 0.53932584269663 53.9% [ 48 ]
Dislike/Hate, they're just not right for each other! 0.14606741573034 14.6% [ 13 ]
Meh, it's your typical cliché 'bickering friends falls in love" trope. Nothing special. 0.31460674157303 31.5% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 89 ]
1 2 3 >

A lot people seems to dislike this pairing, often saying things like "It's an abusive, unhealthy relationship! Ron and Hermione brings out the worst in each other," or "Ron doesn't deserve Hermione, he's too stupid/immature for her, she can do better!"

I personally thought their romantic relationship was developed nicely and made believable, and I don't get where people get all these "It's abusive!" claims from. What's your personal opinion about this?
All this sort of 'hate' is incredibly childish and immature. It's a story. It's not real.
And if JKR had wanted Hermione to end up married to Draco or even Hagrid she would have had a perfect right to. It's her story, her ideas, her plot.
Why do people get so worked up over a storyline?

It's like when an actor playing a bad guy on TV gets attacked verbally or even physically in the street by a member of the public who doesn't seem to get the fact that they're an actor, not the character.

These idiots need to get real and worry about the important things in life, not about fictional characters!

Lavish Millionaire

10,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
im on the line of love and hate for ron and hermione. i mean come on every coupel has ther positive and negiative traits

Tipsy Goat

★☆★ User Image User Image User Image ★☆★

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

════════════════

I'm absolutely in love with this ship. They don't bring out the worst in each other, they bring out the fire in each other. They're very different, but they're also alike in many ways too. Ron needs someone to push him forward, and Hermione needs someone to pull her back. That's what they do for each other.
I think they are indeed completely perfect for each other, because of how imperfect they are. Ron and Hermione, in my opinion, are two of the most human characters in the entire series. Their relationship is beautiful in every way and I can't see them with anyone else. It wouldn't make sense.

Haters gonna hate and shippers gonna ship. If anyone tries to say I only like them together because it's canon, well guess what; I've shipped them since I was in grade school. Way before it was canon.

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Honestly, I love Ron and Hermione. I felt like that was the most logical pairing in the books. Like seriously, it's always been there, there's always been this really obvious romantic fire going on with the two of them. Unlike a certain couple that randomly popped up in the Half Blood Prince. >3>

Devoted Hunter

'Tis true sir love can still inspire...

-sighs- There's not as much hate as you think. There's no unhealthy relationship. Harry Potter isn't Twilight. Hermione and Ron are perfect for each other. You could tell from the first moment they met. Ron surprises Hermione and Hermione keeps Ron in line.

...The blood to pound, the heart leap higher!
They're cute together, I just couldn't go for the best friends fall in love with each other. That, along with Harry and Ginny turned them into one big happy family with a perfect ending...just made me gag when I read it.
The fact that I was going through an unhappy graduation and had no desire to remain in contact with any of my classmate TOTALLY had no affect on how I felt about the ending of the series. ninja

Girl-Crazy Codger

Because it's cool to hate canon.

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
A Special Illusion
★☆★ User Image User Image User Image ★☆★

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

════════════════

I'm absolutely in love with this ship. They don't bring out the worst in each other, they bring out the fire in each other. They're very different, but they're also alike in many ways too. Ron needs someone to push him forward, and Hermione needs someone to pull her back. That's what they do for each other.
I think they are indeed completely perfect for each other, because of how imperfect they are. Ron and Hermione, in my opinion, are two of the most human characters in the entire series. Their relationship is beautiful in every way and I can't see them with anyone else. It wouldn't make sense.

Haters gonna hate and shippers gonna ship. If anyone tries to say I only like them together because it's canon, well guess what; I've shipped them since I was in grade school. Way before it was canon.

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

That basically sums up my feelings on the matter. I saw it coming from book 4. And I screamed "YES!" when they finally kissed. I'm such a dork...

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I personally love them together! I don't see why Harry and Ginny have so much hate, either. I saw little hints at it in the second book! Or maybe it was just me. Anyways, the only pairing I wish was in the book was Neville and Luna.

5,350 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
~~~~~~~~

i dont think there is hate to ron and hermione . . .
in fact most of the people i see here
dont like harry and ginny as couple

~~~~~~~~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Beloved Guardian

13,900 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Megathread 100
I don't mind Ron and Hermione together actually.
I'll be honest, I think I knew they like each other from the beginning, but there was a time I thought Harry and Hermione would make a good couple. They're to much alike though, so that's why it wouldn't work out.
What bothers me, is like what some people have said, the whole best friend thing. I also don't like how Ron had treated Hermione in the past, so at first I was completely against the couple. I'm on an iffy base now...
Ginny and Harry don't make a good couple though. To me she was just obsessed with Harry, and I think he could have been better off with someone else.

I don't know, its just me and my thoughts on the entire situation.
I love Ron and Hermione, and think their relationship progressed nicely over the story.

As for people who hates the pairing, well, people has different opinions, and that's fine. I personally disagree with the 'they brings out the worst in each oher' claims, but people can interpret things however they want. It doesn't make people "right or wrong," because it's entirely subjective wheter or not you think they are right for each other, or makes a good couple.

4,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
I always had a feeling that the two would be together. It's kind of like when you're in kindergarten. The guy/girl who's always making fun of you really likes you, they just wanna look cool in front of their friends. I've always felt Ron and Hermione were perfect for eachother.

Gracious Lunatic

8,600 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Lorelei_Raine
I always had a feeling that the two would be together. It's kind of like when you're in kindergarten. The guy/girl who's always making fun of you really likes you, they just wanna look cool in front of their friends. I've always felt Ron and Hermione were perfect for eachother.

stayyyy
with meeee
for alwaaayyyysss

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out