Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am thankfull for my loving fiance who proposed to me on thanksgiving night, we had no family to celebrate with and could not get to my mom who was a few hours away and my fiance said we should have a romantic thanksgiving picnic on the beach and gladly i agreed. we cuddled and kissed and watched the sunset then watched the stars dance on the ocean water and he looked at me and smiled saying "they look like diamonds floating in the sea" thats when he pulled out a small ring box and asked me to be his wife.we are set to get married for christmas this year <3
* x Come At Me Broo x

* Thanksgiving without you

* Well I would definitely have to say that I am most grateful and thankful for my family. Without them by my side I wouldn't be here. I would be dead. This year I have gone through so much. I haven't had my father figure in my life because he passed away. He was the only person I could trust, talk to, and love. He was the only one there for me. This year was my first year without him and probably the hardest thing I've ever had to go through. I've gone from being super depressed, to being in a mental hospital for trying to commit suicide, but through this troublesome time I've had my mother by my side. She spent the last little bit of money that she had to come and get me from Virginia so I didn't have to stay in that hospital. Yeah we have our ups and downs but my mom and my grandpa (father figure) are my heroes. On December 21st, my grandpa will have been gone for 1 whole year. I am proud of myself for pulling through this and staying strong. So my family is what I'm thankful for, even if I did spend Thanksgiving without him. (:

Dedicated Bibliophile

10,000 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Bookworm 100
B Banzai
Username: B Banzai
Title: This Year.

My mom had a heat attack yesterday. I am thankful she made it through the night, which means she is most likely going to have a full recovery. I am about to take my family back to the hospital for the day. Not the Thanksgiving day I planned, but the one I am most thankful for.

And I am thankful to Gaia for letting me take my mind off it for a bit and shoot tofu...

heart

Here is the sequel. So I get the call at work on Wednesday my mother had a heart attack, and basically if we want to say goodbye to get there. Two hours to cross 20 miles of Day Before Thanksgiving Traffic later, my sister and I get there to find her white as a sheet, on the ventilator. Doctor said they had to shock her four times at her house, perform CPR for over ten minutes, and then shock her again at the hospital. She says that they are guardedly optimistic, and if she makes it through the night she turns a big corner.

The next morning I show up first of the family. No calls over the night, so good there. I turn the corner in the ICU and she is off the ventilator, sitting up and talking. I will hold that image in my mind until I die. Talked to the cardiologist, and the don't talk in miracles, but he says that her recovery is amazing and way off the chart. Usually people who underwent what she did are in a 24-hour medically induced coma to help prevent brain injury (through a body cooling protocol.) Instead, she is asking to go home. If things go the way they are currently, with medication and and therapy, she will make a full recovery and go home on her own on Monday or Tuesday. (Not that we are going to have her alone, of course.) My brother-in-law says he is having a crisis of his lack of faith.

So yeah, Thanksgiving was hospital cafeteria and vending machine food, but it was absolutely the best Thanksgiving ever.

Mega Ally

11,075 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Informer 100
  • Autobiographer 200
*Username iRawrScreamo
* Title of story My thanksgiving story

In September of 2012, when I was 21, my folks decided to get divorced. I was taught that to be a good son, I needed to be supportive and loving to each parent and to my siblings. But nobody was talking to anybody.

If you were nice to one parent, the other one would get mad at you. So when November came, I thought, What’s going to happen at Thanksgiving? And I just did not like the thought of being home alone—or anywhere alone—on Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is not about gifts or fireworks or hoopla. It’s a meal around a table where you give thanks for the blessings you have, and you really can’t do that by yourself and have much fun.

I decided to put an ad in the local paper: If people thought they would find themselves alone, they could give me a call, and I would make a Thanksgiving dinner. That first year, a few people came, and they had a good time. I was nervous about making a mess out of the food and disappointing people. But the food was OK, and I didn’t burn anything.

I’ve held the dinner every year since. Last Thanksgiving, 84 people showed up. Sometimes they’re new to town; sometimes they’re recently divorced or widowed. I’ve had people who were new to the country and didn’t speak any English, but they enjoyed my Thanksgiving dinner. I’ve had poor people, people who come from AA, old people. Also, not counted within that number: I always feed the police. The firefighters and EMTs are in buildings with kitchens and can have their own Thanksgiving dinner among themselves, but the police officers are in their cars, driving around town on call.

Two years ago, a woman with Parkinson’s disease came, and she was not good on her feet. She had been in a nursing home for seven years and had never been out. Somebody told her about the dinner, and she hired an ambulance to bring her, at $200 plus mileage. She had a great time, and she cried when the ambulance returned to get her. She didn’t want to go home.

Most of the people who come don’t know who I am. They know that there’s some skinny guy in the kitchen, but they don’t know my name. I think the theme of my life, and everything I do, could be summed up with the name of an old hymn called “Brighten the Corner Where You Are.” I hope my legacy will be that I came into the world, I brightened the corner, and then I quietly left the world unnoticed."

Thanks everyone for reading this
And sorry for the wrong grammar and sentence.

Seraphixia's Waifu

Tipsy Borg

12,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
Soveh Sovaz

Grateful to be Alive

It all started a year ago, on Christmas night. I felt sick, really sick, so yay ER time. Not so yay is when they tell me I am hemorrhaging severely into my stomach. One week goes by in intensive care, sadly I am no better off. After 11 units of blood a MIRACLE happens. The best GI surgeon cuts his holiday short to come save my life. After 6 hours of surgery where most of my stomach was removed, another week of recover and 3 more units of blood I was on the mend!!! I returned home to my two kids and husband, lucky to be alive and very very lucky that my surgeon had a heart. So this year I am thankful to have my life, I am thankful my children still have their mother. And ((lol)) I am thankful for my fun time on Gaia.

Magical Traveler

19,425 Points
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Egg Collector 100
* Kindaicidal
* This beautiful season and black kittens.
* This thanksgiving I am thankful for this lovely season. I love the cooler air and colorful trees. Everything is so pretty. I'm also very thankful for my adorable black kitten, Audrey.

Magical Traveler

19,425 Points
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Egg Collector 100
[NPC] Turkey
wintair1
Im thankful for all the Qts on gaia
I'm grateful that I'm definitely the least appetizing of all the turkeys out there! No, really! I promise!

I'm greatful for green bean casserole and tofu!

High-functioning Lunatic

18,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User ImageHave skype?
Username: Liz_Rocks_Socks_Religio
Title of story: Finding What I Did Not Know Was Lost

All of my life I have loved the arts. Painting, drawing, photography, sculpture, any kind of art really. But it was never really something I explored. You see, my father, a notoriously harsh and un-artistic person had no appreciation for the arts in any form, and considered them an utter waste of time. So, in private I would attempt to draw, perhaps paint, and I did miserably. Sadly, I began to mirror my father’s attitude. Worse yet, I was convinced I had no artistic talent at all.

Over the years I tried to find my calling. I have studied many different fields, worked in different jobs, never feeling satisfied, never feeling successful.

Yes, I found joy in other things, my daughter, my friends, my pets, and the time I spent with them. I have had much laughter and happiness in my life. Simple things like playing a game with friends brought me happiness, and more elaborate things like going to amusement parks and riding rollercoasters until I was almost too dizzy to stand. However, all of this joy and happiness was external; none of it came from me, none of it was my creation.

Something in me was fighting to get out. I could feel it for years, but could never quite put my fingers on what that thing was.

My daughter is in college now. This summer, she suggested the two of us taking a glass blowing class together. My first thought was “What? Are you nuts?!?” Before the phrase could escape my mouth though, I paused, and thought about it.

Did I want to become my father? Discouraging creativity? Dousing the artist in my daughter and condemning her to a life that felt not quite expressive enough?

The answer was no, a flat out undeniable no. So, I agreed to take the class with my daughter. I felt like a crazy person, but I agreed.

It was a difficult class; the heat was almost unbearable, I burnt myself pretty badly, and I nearly passed out countless times. It was worth it though, I had a blast in that class, and I am still so proud of myself and my daughter for giving it a try. Glass blowing however, is just not for me.

On the way to our glass blowing class however, we had to pass the pottery/ceramics studio every day. I would always look into the room, watch the students, the budding artists working with the clay, and think to myself “I may be able to do that; I think I want to try that.”

So, this fall, I signed up for a hand-built pottery class. From the first moment I touched the clay I knew it was for me. I loved it. It was like playing with mud as a child, so very freeing. At first I struggled, learning how to work with the clay, trying to force it into the shapes I wanted, but in time I began to understand the clay better, how to coax it, caress it, and how to convince it to become the visions I had in my head. I learned a great deal in a short amount of time.

But what really learned, what I am truly grateful to have figured out is this: I am an artist. I found my medium, I found my means of expression, I found a part of myself I never knew I had lost. I found myself. I found what that something was that needed to get out, and I am letting it out with great joy and happiness.

I am so thankful to my daughter for suggesting we try the arts together. Because of her, I have found a joy that comes from within, that I can share with the rest of the world. I am thankful beyond words I have finally found a way to incorporate the arts into my life.

heart

User Image

Above is an image of my final project for the semester. (Kinda like a final exam.) These snowflakes are currently sitting on a shelf of the kiln, waiting to be bisque fired. They will become a wall mural. They range in size from 11 inches across to 7 inches across. I carved each of them out of 1/4 inch thick slabs of clay using an x-acto knife, a needle tool, a small hook tool, and a wet paintbrush. The top of each has a layer of lavender slip which will show slightly through the white glaze once they are glazed giving them a touch of color. I plan on attaching small "feet" to the back of each flake so they do not rest directly against the wall as they hang. This will allow them to cast a shadow as light shines upon them creating a greater sense of depth. I plan on hanging each with a white silk ribbon. I think (hope) these will be very pretty once completed. 3nodding
PM me for my skype name! :3 User Image
*Username: Just Neo
* Title of story: A New Sun Rise
* Share a personal story about something you are truly thankful for in your life!:
I am thankful for my health. There are so many things that could go wrong in life, but here I am healthy and living.

Hallowed Bunny

22,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Username: xPin the Pandax
Title of Story: Home still stands

I am really thankful that our trailer didn't burn down when the heater was up in smoke while we where taking shelter from the tornado at petco nor that the tornado came though town and torn it apart.

Hallowed Bunny

22,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Liz_Rocks_Socks_Religio
User ImageHave skype?
Username: Liz_Rocks_Socks_Religio
Title of story: Finding What I Did Not Know Was Lost

All of my life I have loved the arts. Painting, drawing, photography, sculpture, any kind of art really. But it was never really something I explored. You see, my father, a notoriously harsh and un-artistic person had no appreciation for the arts in any form, and considered them an utter waste of time. So, in private I would attempt to draw, perhaps paint, and I did miserably. Sadly, I began to mirror my father’s attitude. Worse yet, I was convinced I had no artistic talent at all.

Over the years I tried to find my calling. I have studied many different fields, worked in different jobs, never feeling satisfied, never feeling successful.

Yes, I found joy in other things, my daughter, my friends, my pets, and the time I spent with them. I have had much laughter and happiness in my life. Simple things like playing a game with friends brought me happiness, and more elaborate things like going to amusement parks and riding rollercoasters until I was almost too dizzy to stand. However, all of this joy and happiness was external; none of it came from me, none of it was my creation.

Something in me was fighting to get out. I could feel it for years, but could never quite put my fingers on what that thing was.

My daughter is in college now. This summer, she suggested the two of us taking a glass blowing class together. My first thought was “What? Are you nuts?!?” Before the phrase could escape my mouth though, I paused, and thought about it.

Did I want to become my father? Discouraging creativity? Dousing the artist in my daughter and condemning her to a life that felt not quite expressive enough?

The answer was no, a flat out undeniable no. So, I agreed to take the class with my daughter. I felt like a crazy person, but I agreed.

It was a difficult class; the heat was almost unbearable, I burnt myself pretty badly, and I nearly passed out countless times. It was worth it though, I had a blast in that class, and I am still so proud of myself and my daughter for giving it a try. Glass blowing however, is just not for me.

On the way to our glass blowing class however, we had to pass the pottery/ceramics studio every day. I would always look into the room, watch the students, the budding artists working with the clay, and think to myself “I may be able to do that; I think I want to try that.”

So, this fall, I signed up for a hand-built pottery class. From the first moment I touched the clay I knew it was for me. I loved it. It was like playing with mud as a child, so very freeing. At first I struggled, learning how to work with the clay, trying to force it into the shapes I wanted, but in time I began to understand the clay better, how to coax it, caress it, and how to convince it to become the visions I had in my head. I learned a great deal in a short amount of time.

But what really learned, what I am truly grateful to have figured out is this: I am an artist. I found my medium, I found my means of expression, I found a part of myself I never knew I had lost. I found myself. I found what that something was that needed to get out, and I am letting it out with great joy and happiness.

I am so thankful to my daughter for suggesting we try the arts together. Because of her, I have found a joy that comes from within, that I can share with the rest of the world. I am thankful beyond words I have finally found a way to incorporate the arts into my life.

heart

User Image

Above is an image of my final project for the semester. (Kinda like a final exam.) These snowflakes are currently sitting on a shelf of the kiln, waiting to be bisque fired. They will become a wall mural. They range in size from 11 inches across to 7 inches across. I carved each of them out of 1/4 inch thick slabs of clay using an x-acto knife, a needle tool, a small hook tool, and a wet paintbrush. The top of each has a layer of lavender slip which will show slightly through the white glaze once they are glazed giving them a touch of color. I plan on attaching small "feet" to the back of each flake so they do not rest directly against the wall as they hang. This will allow them to cast a shadow as light shines upon them creating a greater sense of depth. I plan on hanging each with a white silk ribbon. I think (hope) these will be very pretty once completed. 3nodding

Sorry to hear that your dad was like that to you. He's an idiot for thinking that way about art.

High-functioning Lunatic

18,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User ImageHave skype?
xPin the Pandax

Sorry to hear that your dad was like that to you. He's an idiot for thinking that way about art.

Lol, I agree completely. whee

Invisible Consumer

9,000 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
    I'm thankful that I didn't have to visit my family this year and that in my unemployed state, I was able to get a job for the night and a possible position at the establishment! I also got Food Stamps. Even if it isn't that much, I'm happy to receive any type of assistance. Although the year is finishing out, it's ending much, much better than it began. And for that, I am grateful.
ƊigitalƤupetrỵ

Doting Sweetheart

12,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Marathon 300
Username: Accidently On Purpose

Title: Thankful for my Dad's Health

Story:

This year has been a rough one for my family and me. My dad had to retire last year, and so he has been really bored. While being bored, he's hurt himself numerous times (from cutting himself in the kitchen to spraining his ankle). Unfortunately, he hasn't been his healthiest this year despite him being physically active. In January, he had a blood clot on his arm and was in the hospital for a long while and then had to be put on blood thinner for a few months.

Fast-forward to last week, and he has a heart attack. Thankfully, it was a minor one. He has no major blockage other than in some capillaries, little to no damage to his heart, and is not anymore likely to have a heart attack than anyone his age with a healthy heart. He was also able to come home Saturday, so he got to be home for Thanksgiving.

I'm glad we know the status of his heart since heart disease runs in our family. We know that he has a healthy heart and that it was just kind of a fluke thing that he had a heart attack. I'm happy that I got to spend time with him at home, instead of the hospital. Now, he's just a little easier tired out, but that's normal. He's still going out and about as much as he can, too. So yeah, he's as healthy as he can be right now, considering all that's happened this year, and I'm super thankful for that because it could have been so much worse.

Hilarious Werewolf

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Autobiographer 200
OMG PLZZZ! THANKSGIVING!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers