The snowflakes are pretty by the way. wink

Thank you. I actually plan on making some more next semester. smile
PM me for my skype name! :3 User Image

Lavish Citizen

13,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Runway Model 250
I am thankful for my parents' continuous support.

Dapper Smoker

12,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I'm soo thankful for my family and friends. Especially my mom! I'm also thankful that I have a roof over my head and food to eat.

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
I'm thankful for what I have, those who love me, and that I didn't buy any first releases of the PS4 or X1. Also thankful for being featured in memecenter at least once, unless you're popular there it's damn near impossible and some other factors.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Hey everyone!

Hope you had a great holiday weekend! Sorry, I've been away for a few days so I haven't been around to give out prizes. No worries, here are the daily prize winners for Nov. 26-Nov. 30. Congrats to all the winners, and thank you to everyone who shared their stories. I'm so glad that you all have so many things to be thankful for! biggrin :

Page:6
KeylimePlight
KeylimePlight

My BFF is better than your BFF

Well, this summer my parents and I (who live in Texas) went on our annual family vacation. We were planning on going to Indiana/Illinois. Everything was going fine, but my dad got sick in Chattanooga Tennessee, so we spent the next three days at a hospital. Fuuuuun. My best friend was my rock through out the whole ordeal, from freaking out in a cold emergency room, where I sat by myself for 5 hours, to getting lost in an unfamiliar city trying to find our hotel. I would have gone nuts if not for her keeping me levelheaded from a different time zone. She's also helped me make changes to my own health. I wish she had a Gaia so she could get all embarrassed seeing me gush on and on about her. 💙
I'm also thankful that my Dad's health scare was nothing very serious, and is now under control, and for that hospital, because everyone there was very hospitable and the cafeteria had the best chicken strips I've ever tasted.

Page:13
CrystellaSweety92
CrystellaSweety92
I'm thankful for....
I'm thankful for being able to find a job this year. To be living with my wonderful boyfriend, without having to ask for money from our parents. I'm thankful to my dad, who gave 20 years of his life to serving in the Navy. I'm thankful to my mom, who is there for me, even when I find it annoying.

I am thankful for the few friends (not met through online) that I have left.

And I'm going to guess Mr Turkey is thankful that my boyfriend does not like the taste of birds (any bird, yes even chicken).
So we are having pork chops instead.

Page:18
SeanDaNerd
Username: SeanDaNerd

Title Of Story: "Thanksgiving Family biggrin "

Story: I am now 18 for this Thanksgiving, but when I was 7 years old, My father taught me how to cook and I watched him do everything!! He made stuffing, put it in the turkey, bake the turkey, made all the veggies, made the pies, EVERYTHING. So the next year when I was 8 years old my father said that I could help make the Thanksgiving feast, I was SO very excited because it was the first time I was able to make somebody for a lot of people. I put on my apron and little chef's hat my father had bought me, (I loved this hat so much), and I got to help making the pies and the turkey. I was used to making desserts so the pies were easy and tasted great, I made apple and cherry. With the turkey, My father had the actual 20 pound turkey and he bought me a 10 pound smaller turkey. I took stuffing and put it into the tiny turkey, my father tied it up, and we put both of the turkeys into the oven to bake. I was so excited and waited for the turkeys to finish, when the oven timer went off I was practically jumping with anticipation. My father pulled both turkey out the oven because they were too hot and heavy for me to carry, he said to me "Sean, your turkey turned out perfect! I'm so proud of you." Hearing this from him made me feel SO happy and before we carved into the turkeys my mother took a picture of my father and me. My father held both turkeys, his in front of him and mine in front of me, We smiled and took the picture! I have that picture now framed in my room, from 10 years ago! biggrin

So I am EXTREMELY thankful for my father. He taught me how to cook, he never gave up on me even when I wanted to quit, and when I have kids, I might start a tradition and teach my son or daughter how to cook.

Happy Thanksgiving Gaia Community!! biggrin

Page:21
KaosBringer
*KaosBringer
*Friends in a Heartbeat
* I am very thankful for all my friends that I have. As a kid growing up, I never really had any friends what so ever. Seriously I used to sit alone in my room as a kid playing with Lego's and singing to the radio by myself. sweatdrop I also wasnt very social or didn't really know how to interact with people that well. As highschool started to come to an end I did in fact acquire one of my best friends that I still have to this day, but that is another story.
One of the other friends that I acquired over the years goes by the nickname of Trip. Long story short, a couple years ago Trip an I were living together an I got a call. It was my dad, now normally a call from my dad is a wonderful thing since my parents have been divorced since I was 3(I'm 28 now), and the catch up calls we have are the best calls I appreciate to the fullest. This call however was about my Great Grandfather Larue. I had many memories going to random places, him putting up with my favorite restaurants just to spend time with me. He was a wonderful man, who ran the Horse shows at the Missouri state fair in Sedalia Missouri. I even still have some of the pictures of me as a kid riding in the back of one of the carriages the show horses were pulling to give out the placed winners. But back to the call, my dad told me with a long sigh that my grandfather had passed, and his funeral would be the following weekend. Now mind you I am in Kentucky and my Dad's side of the family lives in Missouri. I was already in tears before my dad had even finished the sentence. I went on to tell my father that I didnt know if I would be able to make it due to not really having my own stable form of transportation. We had our moment, which honestly is a blur due to the emotions running through me, and the call ended.
Trip, being the observant friend he is, noticed that my tone had deepened to almost silence. He continued by asking what was wrong, an I obliged with my reply of the news between sniffles trying to hold back the waterfalls. He continued to ask when the funeral was. I told him it was this weekend and that I felt horrible that I didn't have any sort of way to go, nor the money to even get a bus ticket. Trip stood up as if a hero arriving at a scene from a comic book and told me to pack my things, because we were going. Flat out, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I was in shock because no one had ever offered something so precious as to spend money on gas and time for me to visit with my family and mourn the loss of our loved one. I quickly got my things together, and called my dad and let him know the news, as he was happy to let us stay at his house for the weekend. Needless to say we made the trip(no pun intended), it was a wonderful thing to see my family, even with the circumstances. My dad who had only heard stories of Trip, gave him a big hug when we arrived thanking him for the kindness and friendship he shared with me.
To this day, Trip still remains one of my best friends. An I am very thankful to have him in my life. This year for his birthday, because he is such a big fan of Marvel vs Capcom, I got Stan Lee to sign his copy of the game. But in my heart I know it isn't even a spec compared to the friendship he has shown me. And that's just one of the reasons why I am thankful for my friends. They're my everything. heart

EDIT: Thought I'd add a photo of me and my 2 two best friends 3nodding
User Image

Page:17
raven09897
Raven09897 My thankfulness to 2013
A lot has happened in 2013. When I was in elementary and middle school I was bullied everyday. Kids would make fun of my clothes because they weren’t expensive like theirs. They would take things from my hands then make a scene that I “contaminated” their stuff.
The teachers would only make it worse. Me and my best friend were both bullied, we couldn’t concentrate in class and were considered slow. Even in elementary school we went and got our lunch trays and went back down to the class for a teaching/tutoring session.
As I got older I stayed there but she moved away. I was so lonely with all the false friends around and I had no true friends. When I turned 14 I began to injure myself. One day out of the blue I just decided “forget everyone else.. I’m going to do what I can to get out of here as fast as I can and move on with my life.” From that day forward, I never paid attention to anyone else.
This year I completely turned around. My dad came home from prison. This year is a thanksgiving with my dad. I lost a lot of weight this year and have started to come out of my shell. I was really self-conscious but this year I went on my first date and even met new friends. Me and my family moved in June and my house is amazing. I finally got away from all those mean kids. This year I’m thankful for all the changes in my life, the people I met, and the places I’ve seen. I am also thankful for my life, that I survived another year and I’m still standing here.

Page:11
Illyn
*Illyn
* Truly Grateful
* I am most thankful for my son. He saved my life, and is what made me turn my life around, leave my husband, land my dream job, and go back to school. He's a spitfire, he's amazing, he's beautiful, he's funny, and he's all mine. I am also grateful to be a mom to a child with special needs. He's taught me a world of things I wouldn't have known of myself and others.

Icy Shapeshifter

9,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Frozen Solid 200

Beloved Friend

6,100 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Full closet 200
[NPC] Turkey
beneviolent_chaos
im thankful that my family still loves me
Mmm, the smell of fresh cornbread, gobble! Nothing makes this turkey happier.

sounds tasty

Partying Lunatic

8,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
heart I am thankful that I have loving friends and family! My friends and family are the only reason I am still alive today! If it wasn't for them, I would have already killed myself! They keep me healthy, happy, and loved. They are the greastet things in my life! I love all of them so much! heart
im most thankful to be back away from my family because wow it was stressful :/

Shirtless Friend

5,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Wow, I won? I feel really good for being able to actually win something for once biggrin

Although, I wasn't expecting to win the contest at all. I was just sharing a story with all you Gaians.

Magical Pumpkin

8,550 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
SeanDaNerd
Wow, I won? I feel really good for being able to actually win something for once biggrin

Although, I wasn't expecting to win the contest at all. I was just sharing a story with all you Gaians.

I'm in the same boat. I always jump at the chance to share how thankful I am for my son. I never thought I'd win anything from it.

smile

Shirtless Friend

5,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Illyn
SeanDaNerd

I'm in the same boat. I always jump at the chance to share how thankful I am for my son. I never thought I'd win anything from it.

smile

Very biggrin Just sharing joyful memories makes me feel really good ^-^

Salty Strawberry

FOOOOD! rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items