Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Galaxy

9,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
  • Loiterer 100
Namyi
The story of life

This year has been one of great difficulties, life threw everything it had at me. Earlier this year I had to make the painful decision to quit my college even though it was my dream to become a game artist one day.
Last summer my dad has passed away, they said he had died in the kitchen and probably lay there for 3 to 4 weeks... it was really sudden. Not only had I lost my dad , not that we had the best father daughter relationship but he was my dad, but I also had to fight my eldest brother who's a junk and wanted to get all my dads possessions and sell them for drugs.
I have 2 brothers and that's all I have for a family, and I don't even have that good a contact with them. Later this year my two beloved mice died, they had grown aggressive tumours over night and got worse in 2 days, so my boyfriend and I had to make the painful choice to let them pass away in a peaceful slumber.

Now you might think where is the part I am grateful for? I am sooo grateful for my boyfriend who has stood by me, who reassured me that yess things might be SO hard now, but it will get better and mended my broken heart!
I am grateful for all the strength I was able to gather to keep me standing when so many aspects of my life felt like they were falling apart. And I am grateful for my little birds that cheer me up every time I'm alone at home and feel like crying. And I am grateful to have had such loving and amazing pets <3

Lets hope next year will be a good one c:
Namyi
Namyi
The story of life

This year has been one of great difficulties, life threw everything it had at me. Earlier this year I had to make the painful decision to quit my college even though it was my dream to become a game artist one day.
Last summer my dad has passed away, they said he had died in the kitchen and probably lay there for 3 to 4 weeks... it was really sudden. Not only had I lost my dad , not that we had the best father daughter relationship but he was my dad, but I also had to fight my eldest brother who's a junk and wanted to get all my dads possessions and sell them for drugs.
I have 2 brothers and that's all I have for a family, and I don't even have that good a contact with them. Later this year my two beloved mice died, they had grown aggressive tumours over night and got worse in 2 days, so my boyfriend and I had to make the painful choice to let them pass away in a peaceful slumber.

Now you might think where is the part I am grateful for? I am sooo grateful for my boyfriend who has stood by me, who reassured me that yess things might be SO hard now, but it will get better and mended my broken heart!
I am grateful for all the strength I was able to gather to keep me standing when so many aspects of my life felt like they were falling apart. And I am grateful for my little birds that cheer me up every time I'm alone at home and feel like crying. And I am grateful to have had such loving and amazing pets <3

Lets hope next year will be a good one c:
My favorite part of cranberry sauce is attempting to scrape it out of the can and failing, gobble gobble!

Newbie Gaian

5,700 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Generous 100
Nyadriel
* Nyadriel

* Interesting turnabout of events

* Believe it or not, I am thankful for being... bit by a cat.
Poor kitty got his tail caught while climbing a Firebush and chasing birds. He could not get free. It got so bad with the twisting around and stuff that he even ended up hanging by his tail.
I went to help him. I had decided I should cut some of the branches enough for him to get free, which I succeeded in doing. However, as I reached up, he reached down and bit me. Bit me hard and drew blood. Because of the laws we have here in the state where I live, I have to get some precautionary rabies shots and quarantine the cat for 14 days.
Now here is where the "interesting twist" comes in and why I am thankful the cat bit me, thus forcing me to go to the hospital for the shots.
While I was waiting to undergo all that stuff, they took my blood pressure and a blood sample.
I had not been feeling well all year long and not had much energy. I attributed it to my heart condition that I was born with.
However, it turns out that my blood pressure was too high and I was very anemic. If these events had not happened, I could have taken for the worse at any given time.
So though I hated that my feline pal got caught the way he did and had to rescue him, I am thankful that he bit me and sent me to the hospital.

Your story is very nice to read. I think it was a miracle that you got bitten by the cat and so you got to the hospital. It made you to go through the blood test that you needed and now you know what your health condition is. You are more aware of your health condition.
I hope the cat is somehow friendly to you now and lets you feel his fur smile
dicechoice
Nyadriel
* Nyadriel

* Interesting turnabout of events

* Believe it or not, I am thankful for being... bit by a cat.
Poor kitty got his tail caught while climbing a Firebush and chasing birds. He could not get free. It got so bad with the twisting around and stuff that he even ended up hanging by his tail.
I went to help him. I had decided I should cut some of the branches enough for him to get free, which I succeeded in doing. However, as I reached up, he reached down and bit me. Bit me hard and drew blood. Because of the laws we have here in the state where I live, I have to get some precautionary rabies shots and quarantine the cat for 14 days.
Now here is where the "interesting twist" comes in and why I am thankful the cat bit me, thus forcing me to go to the hospital for the shots.
While I was waiting to undergo all that stuff, they took my blood pressure and a blood sample.
I had not been feeling well all year long and not had much energy. I attributed it to my heart condition that I was born with.
However, it turns out that my blood pressure was too high and I was very anemic. If these events had not happened, I could have taken for the worse at any given time.
So though I hated that my feline pal got caught the way he did and had to rescue him, I am thankful that he bit me and sent me to the hospital.

Your story is very nice to read. I think it was a miracle that you got bitten by the cat and so you got to the hospital. It made you to go through the blood test that you needed and now you know what your health condition is. You are more aware of your health condition.
I hope the cat is somehow friendly to you now and lets you feel his fur smile
Gobble gobble! Tell me all about how you celebrate Thanksgiving!

Mewling Kitten

IVIarru
Thanksgiving Goodness

Well my place does not celebrate Thanksgiving but im happy to join in the fun with Gaia online.
I used to watch cooking channel when it comes to Thanksgiving Day.
They cook alot of food that is yummy like turkey,gravy and lots more
Im getting hungry now by just posting this.
I heard that Thanksgiving Day will not be perfect without some delicious turkey
Im sorry [NPC]Turkey..they ganna eat u crying
Im having so much fun on this Thanksgiving Day and i even wear my avatar as same as the theme for the Thanksgiving Day.
The most Thankful thing that ever happen to me was i got to step in a better class because i got a good grade at my school and im ganna go to a better class next year.I even got a new computer that my dad just bought for me and i was so happy for what he has done to me.The computer
Touch screen and can use a mouse if its not comfortable.Idk what it is called but it is interesting for me.OMG i forgot i just got home from my cousin house.when i was there i got to pet a fat and puffy rabbit.I though it was a little dog with white fur so i was shock but it was a rabbit.I was paralyzed a bit because of the cuteness.Oh my glob my cat called stripe will have a new baby and its ganna come out soon..so i got to take care of them like i take care of myself.
The most favourite thing in Gaia Online that was on this Thanksgiving Day was the Game that just came out..i was addicted to it.I want to play the shooting one but my internet is being a big peanut to me..i mean like it wont let me play.
So i play the other one i got to level 14 but then im K.O
Better luck next time hehes..ganna play it again yeppie
I Always Love You Gaia Online ★
HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY TO ALL OF YOU

Okechi's Wife

Moonlight Muse

40,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie For All! 300
I'm thankful for my family and friends. With their believing in me I was finally able to finish my Master's Degree, get an internship over the summer, and a part time job!

Wheezing Elder

22,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Survivor 150
*Username: asylum lane
* Title of story: 2013 Miracles
* Share a personal story about something you are truly thankful for in your life!: I'm extremely thankful this year for three things: my health, my doctor, and my baby! After more than two years of being ill and having every doctor simply tell me that I needed to lose weight instead of investigating the cause of my sudden weight gain, I was lucky enough to find one who actually listened to my concerns and was able to figure out what was wrong with me.

Thanks to her help, I am now not only healthy but finally pregnant with my first child! Although she not make her debut until January 2014, I still consider her my 2013 miracle because if it had not been for my doctor, I would not have been able to conceive this wonderful little person. heart

Assimilated Cub

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I am thankful for bunk beds. They're beds, but with a ladder.

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Username: LunchboxBaby
Title: Just Thankful to be Here

I really like Thanksgiving because of the food, but also because our family finally comes back together so we can all see one another. smile

I'm thankful for my two younger sisters who are doing so well in their lives. My sister, C, is married now with two adorable children who are also the light of my life. Aunt Lunch loves being around her lovely niece and nephew. ^-^ My sister, O, is currently in community college and working towards degrees in elementary education, and she's doing exceptionally well in her classes this semester!

I'm thankful that my grandmother is still with me although we lost our grandfather about 2 years ago. She's so strong and has been through so much, and I'm glad she has had the willpower to stay uplifted with positive thoughts, though sometimes it does get hard for her.

I'm thankful that I've finally found a job after searching for a year after I've graduated college. It might not be what I really want, but I work hard and am now earning that income.

I'm really thankful for all the friends that I have and for those who've stuck by me and have tolerated me throughout the years. I wish I could be around all of them because most of my friends live far away.

And I'm thankful to be in the loving relationship I have with my boyfriend. Thankful that he has tolerated me this much in the past couple of years, haha. I love him.

And...Ah, thankful to my dad for wanting to do the right thing even if he keeps getting off track sometimes...But he's trying.

And, that's it. Ahah.

Wheezing Plague

I'm thankful for my dad who adopted me and gave me a home when my mother couldn't. Not sure what I'd be doing without him.

Dapper Trickster

8,475 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
-kira24681
-My little sister!
-I am thankful for my sweet little sister who has brought so much joy and many new adventures. My little sister was born with a heart condition and down syndrome. Because of her heart condition she had to get surgery when she was a baby and now she has a scar because of it, and we are all thankful that she is ok now. because of her down syndrome we have learned a lot more about down syndrome and go to different events for it such as the buddy walk. We have met a lot of new people and have gotten to experience things that we would never have even known about if it wasn't for her. And we also love how amazing she is and how sweet she is. So I am very thankful for my little sister Stephanie!

High-functioning Lunatic

25,475 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I'm thankful for Gaia for having this turkey event.

There needs to be more love for Thanksgiving Day since Christmas consumes all other holidays in the department stores. >>;

tdyl's Wife

title: miracles do happen.

what I'm thankful for: my boyfriend and i have been having financial troubles the past few months, and when i went to my church this past sunday night for our annual thanksgiving dinner, our preacher started talking to me. i told him that i needed prayers, and asked him to pray with me. just last night, my boyfriend and i got a visit from my preacher and his wife. they had brought dinners for the next few nights, a gift card to walmart for groceries, and a check for $800 so we could cover our rent and bills for this next month, as well as a few Christmas gifts. i broke down crying, and my boyfriend was speechless. all they asked in return was for me to continue attending church on a regular basis, like i had been since i was a baby. but to now bring my boyfriend along with me. we agreed, prayed with them, and they left. it was such a blessing, and i am extremely thankful to have people around me that will take care of me.

tdyl's Wife

asylum lane
*Username: asylum lane
* Title of story: 2013 Miracles
* Share a personal story about something you are truly thankful for in your life!: I'm extremely thankful this year for three things: my health, my doctor, and my baby! After more than two years of being ill and having every doctor simply tell me that I needed to lose weight instead of investigating the cause of my sudden weight gain, I was lucky enough to find one who actually listened to my concerns and was able to figure out what was wrong with me.

Thanks to her help, I am now not only healthy but finally pregnant with my first child! Although she not make her debut until January 2014, I still consider her my 2013 miracle because if it had not been for my doctor, I would not have been able to conceive this wonderful little person. heart

i am right there with you! i have had four miscarriages, and now i am finally pregnant, and with help from my doctor, this one is said to make it through! god bless!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff