Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

emo?

who ME? 1 100.0% [ 141 ]
Total Votes:[ 141 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Dapper Fatcat

Repeat topic.

And you will find the answer to your question on Myspace.
Emotionally charged hardcore punk.

Or Softcore punk.

Or random other music...

Or the emo kids...
Some of which are cool, some of which are absolute tossers.
St)(Jimmy
Emotionally charged hardcore punk.

Or Softcore punk.

Or random other music...

Or the emo kids...
Some of which are cool, some of which are absolute tossers.

I found a way to settle our little blackmail thats going on.

But i might spare you the insult just this once B)
Emo=Emotional
Emo:*sits there looking sad* sad
Guy: *at emo* haha emo! xd
Emo:*stands up walks away even more sad* cry
EMOS ARE BASTARDS THAT GIVE US REPS!
I HATE EMOS
Ragged Strawberries
THIS IS SO OVERUSED.

Go to the million other topics that asked this.
Gothic_wonder
I HATE EMOS
Well some of us, like me do know the differance between an emo and a goth and its that goths have more fun ^^
RICHIE RIHC

i meen slane.
emo = p***y
EMO = Having an excuse to be bitchy. Like PMS...but it can swing between both genders.
Rellik San
Gothic_wonder
I HATE EMOS
Well some of us, like me do know the differance between an emo and a goth and its that goths have more fun ^^
indeed we do biggrin
Sehanine Moonbow
OVERDONE TOPIC. RUN NOW.
Someone with emotions that they don't hide from the world. There are many that go to school or work with a smile on there face but then they are crying inside. Though this is true they keep it to themselves. Emo's are people who are don't hide it from the world. They go to school and work showing the mood that they are in and they tell people about it.
Gothic_wonder
Rellik San
Gothic_wonder
I HATE EMOS
indeed we do biggrin
Heheh ex goth myself, thesedays I am just a pure old school rocker though ^^ how about you?
Type Text Here
Being classed as a emo and enduldging in punk/emo fashion, I can say you are wrong.

Emo music history:
A brand of music which split of from normal hardcore punk founded in mid-1980s Washington, DC, they became emo when on occasion, members of a band would become spontaneously and literally emotional during performances. Emocore (Emotional Hardcore) soon died off 1990's and up came the less hardcore more melodic and less chaotic form.

Come 1995's most Emo bands had entered mainstream and the Genre known as emo had rather died and became recreated as a loose meaning for music lyrics and bands who mainly delt with sucidal, depressing, and a plot line that followed relationships problems in their lyrics.

This new revamped version of emo (third wave) accumulated a following of people who where a offshoot of punks enjoying the more 'black' look. They often get confused with goths because of this but do not be mistaken they shy away from any goth orgins. They are punks just ones who shy from the fluro coloured look, they still wear the band shirts, love badges, etc.

As the third wave of emo became more popular it became underfire by the ignorant masses of those how like to label and mock. Male fans of emo found themselves hit with homosexual slurs, largely a reflection of the style of dress popular within the "emo scene" and the displays of emotion common in the scene. A illusion that all emo cut themselves and where emotionally unbalanced arised.

With all these tags and labels it became that the emo third wave was then swamped with people who wanted to 'fit' in, in an alterntive genre either they became emo through peers or depression. Cutting became something that the majority either did or accepted, those who did not are not well known and the newer emo seem to have something against them.

In short extremist in the emo culture have given into the label of cutting sucidal depressed people, and thus the label name gets worse and worse.

Emo fashion:
The two popular scenes.
First: The first is essentially what came out of the 90s "indie emo" scene, and has connections to indie rock and punk rock. It includes more vintage and thrift store clothing, typically for a well-worn look. Some of the clothing leans toward khaki colors. T-shirts are typically of smaller sizes and with random prints, often images from the 1980s. Bookbags with pins and patches of various bands like ex: Fall Out Boy, AFI, Green Day and more. along with the bands they may also have various characters like Emily the Strange and The Nightmare Before Christmas.
http://stevenneuman.tripod.com/emo.jpg

Second: The other popular style of dress focuses on darker colors. Commonly seen elements include dark colored hair (often dyed either black or an unnatural dark hue), males wearing pants tailored for females, lip, eyebrow, and labret piercings, and dark make-up on males and females (most notably black eyeliner, although red eyeshadow is becoming increasingly popular). A common accessory for both males and females are glasses with a dark coloured (usually black), thick rim.

Converse All-Star style shoes are common amongst both styles of dress, as are Vans shoes.(Writters' note: Cons = love)

The internet:
The term "emo" has also been used in recent years on the Internet as a form of insult, especially toward those who appear emotionally unstable, or those who rant about issues in their lives to people in public forums or chat rooms. Phrases such as "don't cry emo kid" are used frequently as a quick brush-off in this context. The term "emo" is very loose slang, and is applied liberally to differing situations. Some use the term "emo" as to describe a feeling of depression, harkening back towards the association of depression attached to the Emo subculture.

Note: Remember; people can have some traits Emo fashion without being the depressing wrist slashing kid. Don't label unless ye wish to be labeled.

Now ignore everything anyone has said above because its wrong

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces