Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

emo?

who ME? 1 100.0% [ 141 ]
Total Votes:[ 141 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

people who take their music too seriously.
Daerc
Rellik San
Sauce Packet
Emo = Emo Punk = Emotional Punk

WRONG!

*ahem*

Emotive Hardcore to be exact, think Killswitch Engage.

As for emotional punk, if its not angry and shouty at the government ot at least funny, then odds are its not really punk just some poser smile hope that clears it up.

Except most of the original "emo" bands have little or nothing to do with hardcore nowadays. No double bass, little screaming, etc. And besides that, further dividing the already dying hardcore genre is stupid as it is.

And by dying, I mean all the bands are going to s**t or becoming traditional metal bands. I mean when only one band (Boy Sets Fire) is in the genre that's existed for a while and not started sucking, you've got a problem.

Well this true, Emo evolved off into its own thing, and now they either get lumped with punks who wll eat them alive, or goths who beat them with steel plated new rock boots. The hardcore fell down pretty quickly, some even choosing to ignore it altogether, but yes, it was a scene born out of the 'Lifes not fair!' side of hardcore and ignoring the 'Government has f**k'd us all!' side of it.

Emo bands are becomming traditional metal bands, that usually end up as a laughing stock for the whole metal community, those that have gone crap have either hit a commercial success or have just out and out sold out. Emo as a seperate genre seems to be falling victim to the same problem as black metal, and thats if more the 10 have heard of you, 5 of which have bought a CD your instantly a sell out and will be shunned by the community, where as something akin to that in metal, usually gets a 'Cool so now we can have lasers right?'

Just my observations anyway.
Emos are basically those punk kids who wear the emo glasses they don't need (rounded-off-square frames that are also thick), write depressing pomes, are dark and brooding, are obbsessed with death, think they are in eternal pain, and in toal, are whiny little bitches who have everyday lives an decde to be mopey.

I like to be a social outcast who annoys people for a living, and I'm better than them. Ifyou only fit into one of those, you are not emo. If you fit into more than one, get a life.

emo explained. biggrin
Wyrvvn
Emos are basically those punk kids who wear the emo glasses they don't need (rounded-off-square frames that are also thick), write depressing pomes, are dark and brooding, are obbsessed with death, think they are in eternal pain, and in toal, are whiny little bitches who have everyday lives an decde to be mopey.

I like to be a social outcast who annoys people for a living, and I'm better than them. Ifyou only fit into one of those, you are not emo. If you fit into more than one, get a life.

emo explained. biggrin

Didn't I just explain that Emo has absolutely no link to punk? at all, ever fullstop, exclamation mark!
emo i hear that alot and i know its bad when people call you it so what eva you do eat pie and hope they neva call you emo or you will die and not in a good way to die like a monkey kills you in a bad way like rape and stab you way
Webster's dictionary definition:

Emo: ee-moh adj. (v) To best define, walk to the nearest wall with a fist made (see fist), and punch. The definition will then come to you as an epiphany (see epiphany).

emo = pi r(ock)^2

LOLOLOLOL
Im emo sometimes.... I have my moments. Everybody does. -_-
[Dreaming.In.Chocolate.]
Emo = Emotional

xp
Emo is mild Goth
ok learn from a pro, emo means emotional, but people seem to take it as a fashion, ive been through some hard s**t in the last 3 months, i was always upset and one day i slashed my wrists, iwas in hospital 4 6 days, thats emo! i broke up with my girlfrend, i hate my parents, dont tell me im wierd, i take those things to heart, thats emo, its not a fukin fashion statement

mitch mitch
Angel_Mitsuko
Emo is mild Goth

Emo is about as Goth as hello kitty.... weait thats pretty damn goth, ok Emo is about as goth as Dio is mainstream.
I really have no idea.
I do not know why anyone would want to be overly emotional.
I sure don't understand why anyone would want to seem depressed.
I fight clinical depression so I really cannot understand that.
If it is just a style thing then I say if it is your style go for it.
Emo is short for Emotional...and thats about it.

All it really is is an excuse to kill yourself if you ask me...hmmf.
Love_is_MCR
Emo is short for Emotional...and thats about it.

All it really is is an excuse to kill yourself if you ask me...hmmf.

No offence chick a dee, but your user name is kinda... well... emo.

And while its not an excuse to kill yourself, it is an excuse to make your life seem more tragic and sowworful then anyone elses.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff