Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sup. Think it would work?

No! It sucks! 0.34579439252336 34.6% [ 37 ]
Yes, Lets do this, NOW. 0.10280373831776 10.3% [ 11 ]
I'm undecided, some n00bs are funny. 0.34579439252336 34.6% [ 37 ]
i r teh noob an i say nu 0.20560747663551 20.6% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 107 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

If we had tests like that it would illiminate you then wouldnt it?
Gaia wants people on their site.
50% of the people on here are illiterate.
Why would they just shove them away because
some literate people want them to leave ?

And about the tests,
people who type like
ur so prty lyk omg kkkk !!!!!!!!
can type like this on the test.
Your so pretty ! Like .. oh my god.. !
If there'd be a gold incentive for how few errors you've got in your posts; I think people would be more careful.
firstly i can't spell very well and my grammer suck yet i try to write in full english.

under your system that wouldn't count for anything

secondly there are a lot of people on gaia who have english as a SECOND language i think it's amassing they can communicate as well as they do. who cares if there grammer isn't 100% perfect (well you obviously)

thirdly maybe relaxing your rules a little. like you can't post outside the chatterbox without making an obvious effort to use english.

fourthly i use made up words sometimes like "confuzzling" deal with it
seems like too much time anyways thats kind of mean. you cannot deny you were a noob before.
Elitism is for lamers.
I think to do all of that would be too much work. More people wouldn't want to join due to the fact that you would have to take these quizes and stuff before you could join. They wouldn't want to do it, so that might make the rapid addition of members decrease a lot, but some potentially good members might be one of those, and not join as well. I wouldn't want to take it. xp Even though I probably would because I love Gaia.
That seems to..I dunno..constricting. It's alot of trouble. And anyway, it's the internet. Why do you have to worry about spelling and grammar mistakes? The internet is for fun, it's not a Language lesson class.
I think, that what you're doing, is like raccisme... Kinda.
It's just raccisme against someones grammar.
or an automatic spellchecker would be good.
I passed my n00b stage on a different forum. xd

But seriously, your idea, while it would satisfy some people, is completely not what Gaia is about. It's pretty much free-for-all, remember?

And it'd never work.
Noobs make up a vital part of Gaian society, whether they be for entertainment, pity, objects of hatred or otherwise. Anyway, the whole idea's flawed. One's noobness can't be determined by some one-off poxy test. >.<
Bonesnapper
That would be too much trouble.

yes and we all know that the people at GD are slack XD
just because people don't type correctly doesn't mean that they can't read or write. let the people type the way they want to type twisted

barredowl's Other Half

Timid Phantom

No,
It's too much to expect of people.
Just ignore someone if they bother you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items