Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Meaningless pop culture reference aside, I have officially come one step closer to doing anything for love. Seeing as how you all are going to have to discuss this for your quiz grade, I'll elaborate.

So there TinHawk and I were, lounging about after I got off of work. We watched TV for some time before I finally got up to play a little FFXI. Well, seems she found an episode of Dharma and Greg she wanted me to watch but, since I think the show's an absolute bore, I declined. My refusal didn't sit well and, as per usual with a relationship, she got angry at me and left to have some alone time.

Now, TinHawk's alone time consisted of her heading off to our apartment complex's pool and swimming about to blow off some steam. After some time of wallowing in my own self pity, I decided to up and head after her because I was worried about her at the pool alone and in the dark. You know, being the chivalrous gent that I am and whatnot.

So, I make haste to the pool only to find her just peachy with her body submerged in the hot tub. Sadly, she was still a bit irked at me and of course, the typical "Hawk on Hawk" banter followed which eventually boiled down to the following;

Hawkeye: You know I love you. I just hate that show.

TinHawk: So prove it. Jump into the pool completely dressed as you are right now.

Hawkeye: ...With All of my clothes on? Is it cold?

TinHawk: Damn right it is. It's ********' freezing in there.

I stared with puppydog eyes at the water for a short time before deciding that my comfort and possible health weren't as important and showing her I meant what I said, so I did a slapshtacular cannonball into the pool. Sadly the pool was, indeed, ********' freezing and I could barely move as I made my way out. I even walked to the far end of the pool in order to stay in longer, just to prove my point. From there, I shuffled my drowned-rat self back to our apartment with a smiling TinHawk because she that I would indeed put myself through all sorts of retarded nonsense to make her happy.

It's a good thing in human nature to show emotions through actions and hey, you might even get a kick out of making an a** out of yourself in the course of said events. I guess it just comes down to the situation, what you do and why you're doing it, don't you think? Maybe there's some things that simply Need to be done in order to get a point across.

Discuss:

Please place your answer in the form of a discussion.
Points will be deducted for improper spelling, grammar and how deeply idiotic posts affect the human race through Intellectual Osmosis.
aw, that's sweet.
i'd probably do the same for my boyfriend. ( :
I was all prepared to reply and then I see, "Please place your answer in the form of a discussion."
And maybe I'm just on crack, but I don't even know how in the hell I'd do that. O_o
So I'm not going to.

I hate Dharma and Greg, but I'd rather watch that over jumping into a freezing pool of water any day.

And if my boyfriend ever asked me to do it I'd tell him to screw off; if he loved me he wouldn't risk my health.
I don't typically make you watch a show that you don't like. I just wanted you to watch that particular episode with me, and it seemed like your game was more important than I was. sad
yama strife
I was all prepared to reply and then I see, "Please place your answer in the form of a discussion."
And maybe I'm just on crack, but I don't even know how in the hell I'd do that. O_o
So I'm not going to.

I hate Dharma and Greg, but I'd rather watch that over jumping into a freezing pool of water any day.

And if my boyfriend ever asked me to do it I'd tell him to screw off; if he loved me he wouldn't risk my health.
Desperate times call for desperate measures and blah-blah yackity-schmackity. Sometimes, you just have to do something when the situation calls for it.

It's part of human existence to be retarded like that.

Say, did you ever make that t-shirt?
God, I missed you.

Anyway, I certainly think that that's an admirable thing to do, and I hope I never have to do anything so gloriously stupid for Moonwalker.

Fremere's Princess

Vampire

do you actually use your online handles in reality? because if so i find that insanely creepy

anyways, i crack the whip, my biggest sacrifice is doing the dishes
if the SO doesn't meet my constant demands he is punished
and by punished i mean cut off from my tempting affections
it's a twatty thing to do, i know, but it's tried and true
/i would do it in a heartbeat/

hell i might even throw the computer in too

/as long as i had a backup/
Aww~ <3

I'd do it for like..one person. He'd ask me to just for fun, but if he saw me seriously considering it he'd be like NOOOOOO DON'T DO IT YOU'LL GET SICK!

And then he'd be mad at me if I did it. Well, not mad, but sad at me. And really super apologetic.

I miss him.

Love,
~[PO]
reghhh i'll usually do things i don't like to do for people
scorn
do you actually use your online handles in reality? because if so i find that insanely creepy

I don't want people knowing my name, so he refers to me as "TinHawk" on the forums biggrin
That's really sweet of you. It's nice to see that there are guys out there who put their physical comfort on hold to show someone that they care. I only wish guys would do it much more often. x3
Hawkeye_GGK
Desperate times call for desperate measures and blah-blah yackity-schmackity. Sometimes, you just have to do something when the situation calls for it.

It's part of human existence to be retarded like that.

Say, did you ever make that t-shirt?

I guess that's true enough. I just can't stand the thought of the cold.

I didn't make the t-shirt yet, but I still have all the PMs with the good ideas you sent me.
I'll get around to it yet, and then I'll let you see how it looks when it's finished. ^_^
I like TinHawk, but she seems too smart to watch Dharma and Greg. Maybe she was just testing you to see what you would say.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff