Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

Metroid Dread
i see this s**t too often
its turned me off marriage completely

What it should do is make you look at the state of gender roles.

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
M Grognon
Metroid Dread

do i need to check my privilege
do i need to save my rights

im never sure which extreme people are pushing me towards
People who go into marriage usually do it for cultural, emotional, and/or family reasons. Those aren't usually very logical reasons so they idea of a prenup is going to clash with original foundation for the two getting married. If someone goes into marriage for lower tax rates or because being married is some benefit over just dating, then prenups shouldn't be a problem for the couple.
I don't care if people get married or not. I would like to see fairness on all levels, but that's not going to happen in our lifetime. lol

Conservative Vampire

9,300 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Prenups have nothing to do with child support. They made the child so no matter what it's their obligation to help take care of them.

Dapper Dabbler

Metroid Dread
M Grognon
Metroid Dread

Rights and privileges are different from gender roles.
They may be added to a gender, but they're separate things (in my mind, at least)
I'm not pushing you to any extreme, I'm saying to really look at the state of both genders.

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
M Grognon
Metroid Dread
M Grognon
Metroid Dread

Rights and privileges are different from gender roles.
They may be added to a gender, but they're separate things (in my mind, at least)
I'm not pushing you to any extreme, I'm saying to really look at the state of both genders.

are women being ushered into a state of sloth and laziness expecting men to to take care of them
are men becoming too complacent with the amount of abuse theyll take in the name of not appearing sexist

im gonna hurl
emotion_puke

Dapper Dabbler

Michelle Soulia
Prenups have nothing to do with child support. They made the child so no matter what it's their obligation to help take care of them.

There is no way to tell if the mother is even spending the money on the child.
Not to mention how little leeway there is for the father.
Also, men making child support/alimony payment are three times more likely to kill themselves.
Does that not sound like the system is in need of some tweaking?
Or are all these men deadbeats?

Conservative Vampire

9,300 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Popular Thread 100
M Grognon
Michelle Soulia

Also, men making child support/alimony payment are three times more likely to kill themselves.

A woman has to pay child support if the child is placed with the father. It's not just a man thing.

Dapper Dabbler

Metroid Dread
are women being ushered into a state of sloth and laziness expecting men to to take care of them
are men becoming too complacent with the amount of abuse theyll take in the name of not appearing sexist

im gonna hurl
emotion_puke

You, sir, are too flippant for my taste.

Dapper Dabbler

Michelle Soulia
M Grognon
Michelle Soulia

A woman has to pay child support if the child is placed with the father. It's not just a man thing.

Those cases don't even make up 10% of child support/alimony cases.
You really think there's equal treatment for men and women paying child support?

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
M Grognon
Metroid Dread

im gonna hurl
emotion_puke

why cant we just come to a happy medium where everyone keeps their s**t and no one owes anyone anything they didnt take

Conservative Vampire

9,300 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Popular Thread 100
M Grognon
Michelle Soulia
M Grognon
Michelle Soulia

Those cases don't even make up 10% of child support/alimony cases.
You really think there's equal treatment for men and women paying child support?

Obviously men and woman aren't going to see eye to eye on it. I've seen my mother struggle to support us on her own. I've known men that don't get to see their kids regularly but pay child support. Every situation is different and I'm not going to say it's the same for everyone.

Dapper Dabbler

Metroid Dread
M Grognon
Metroid Dread

im gonna hurl
emotion_puke

why cant we just come to a happy medium where everyone keeps their s**t and no one owes anyone anything they didnt take

It's gonna sound cliche, but I blame feminism. lol
ya im not signing s**t unless im the 1 with all the money......

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
M Grognon
Metroid Dread
M Grognon
Metroid Dread

im gonna hurl
emotion_puke

It's gonna sound cliche, but I blame feminism. lol

as a whole or those members who see fit to scream persecution every time a gust of wind ruffles the hair of a pristine flawless woman?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff