Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

?

I agree 0.51428571428571 51.4% [ 36 ]
I don't agree 0.48571428571429 48.6% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 70 ]
< 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11 >

Awww. How sweet. I hate you, too, dear.
Debators in the GD? Last time I checked, the GD didn't have any discussion. 3nodding
Blissful Oblivion
Caedes
Sorceress Ameneka
But, isn't that what a debate is all about?

If you don't like it, you should leave because your opinion probably isn't going to matter to a person who wants to debate like that.

Debates are supposed to be about coming to SOME sort of conclusion.

I thought we are having a discussion :GONK:

I'm not sure what we're having. A talk, maybe.
Note: I didn't read that.
TheSpleen
Awww. How sweet. I hate you, too, dear.

heart
I wish you were my uncle...

AND WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP GOING INTO MY HOUSE AND EATING/USING/BURNING/THROWING STUFF THAT'S MINE?!!!
Kaoru Valentine
Note: I didn't read that.

Ok. 3nodding
Caedes
Watermelon_Condom
But she admitted she was being hypocritical. o.o I know I can be close minded, though I try not to be, I usually get close minded when I get pissed of and stuborn like. But for the most part I love people's opinions, I usually end up walking away with a new view point form a good discussion. After the yelling of course. <3

heart

Ah! I got a heart!

Yes, I know it was pointless to quote this post, I'm sorry, but it's 1:30 Am here and I'm bored to tears.
Foray
I wish you were my uncle...

AND WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP GOING INTO MY HOUSE AND EATING/USING/BURNING/THROWING STUFF THAT'S MINE?!!!

Were I a man...I would be. So I'll just have to be your aunt instead.

Original Noob

10,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Who says some of us aren't open minded.

Im open minded so long as you don't attack my a** first.
Watermelon_Condom
Caedes
Watermelon_Condom
But she admitted she was being hypocritical. o.o I know I can be close minded, though I try not to be, I usually get close minded when I get pissed of and stuborn like. But for the most part I love people's opinions, I usually end up walking away with a new view point form a good discussion. After the yelling of course. <3

heart

Ah! I got a heart!

Yes, I know it was pointless to quote this post, I'm sorry, but it's 1:30 Am here and I'm bored to tears.

You're welcome. heart
This thread confuses me.

What do you want from me!? gonk
No, so far there hasn't been any discussion. Go figure.

Let me be the first to discuss it....

*ahem* On any forum, there are people who are more opinionated than the last. I know, I'm one of them. But there are those who truly want to debate, and those who just get their kicks out of arguing. The two classes are very different, and to be honest, in a community where most if not all of the populous is confined to a range that takes up the lower spectrum of the wonderful rainbow of age, we're going to get a whole lot of people who don't know the difference.

The reason most people are assholes, I figure, is because they don't see another person on the other end. They see an unknown entity that's challenging THEIR beliefs and THEIR opinions. And, because it's the internet and punishment over the internet is difficult no matter what one does, moderator or not, they WILL lash out in the inane certainty that THEY are right, and no one else can be, because they are truly the only ones they see there.

If we could all remember that we are not, in fact, talking to computers or avatars, but PEOPLE, the world online would be a happier place.

But because most people do not do so, and in fact some actually find entertainment in causing strife, a lot of debate boards deteriorate. This reason is why the large forum I help moderate has deleted their debate and angst boards. People don't learn, and they say stupid things that they never would have otherwise.

I apologize if the time taken writing this made me miss any important points that came up in the discussion.
ROBOGASM
Who says some of us aren't open minded.

Im open minded so long as you don't attack my a** first.

Well I'm not attacking anyone here. I'm just being attacked. But I expected it. 3nodding
Keroshe
No, so far there hasn't been any discussion. Go figure.

Let me be the first to discuss it....

*ahem* On any forum, there are people who are more opinionated than the last. I know, I'm one of them. But there are those who truly want to debate, and those who just get their kicks out of arguing. The two classes are very different, and to be honest, in a community where most if not all of the populous is confined to an age range that takes up the lower spectrum of the rainbow of age, we're going to get a whole lot of people who don't know the difference.

The reason most people are assholes, I figure, is because they don't see another person on the other end. They see an unknown entity that's challenging THEIR beliefs and THEIR opinions. And, because it's the internet and punishment over the internet is difficult no matter what one does, moderator or not, they WILL lash out in the inane certainty that THEY are right, and no one else can be, because they are truly the only ones they see there.

If we could all remember that we are not, in fact, talking to computers or avatars, but PEOPLE, the world online would be a happier place.

But because most people do not do so, and in fact some actually find entertainment in causing strife, which is the reason why a lot of debate boards deteriorate. This reason is why the large forum I help moderate has deleted their debate and angst boards. People don't learn, and they say stupid things that they never would have otherwise.

I apologize if the time taken writing this made me miss any important points that came up in the discussion.

We should have a forum called "The Debate Team" 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces