I don't agree 0.48571428571429 48.6% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 70 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 >

Archaedas
Caedes
Archaedas
Caedes
Archaedas
That's nice. I'm gonna be open-minded and say that there's a good chance that you're right about me being closed-minded. But there's an even better chance that the real problem is just that most Gaians have the debating skills of a propane-sniffing down's syndrome kid, and so I almost never encounter anything approaching a convincing rebuttal when I actually do try to argue as opposed to just going around being snarky.

I think both might be true. heart

That could be true to. But frankly, I've never actually met anyone who I'd consider "open-minded."

Not even yourself? surprised

Hells no. "An open mind is like a fortress with the gates wide open and undefended."

Other people's ideas are like a horde of hostile invading Huns, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let Huns rampage around inside my brain!
The Huns visit my brain everyday. Those scamps.
Archaedas
Caedes
Archaedas
Caedes
Archaedas
That's nice. I'm gonna be open-minded and say that there's a good chance that you're right about me being closed-minded. But there's an even better chance that the real problem is just that most Gaians have the debating skills of a propane-sniffing down's syndrome kid, and so I almost never encounter anything approaching a convincing rebuttal when I actually do try to argue as opposed to just going around being snarky.

I think both might be true. heart

That could be true to. But frankly, I've never actually met anyone who I'd consider "open-minded."

Not even yourself? surprised

Hells no. "An open mind is like a fortress with the gates wide open and undefended."

Other people's ideas are like a horde of hostile invading Huns, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna let Huns rampage around inside my brain!

But what if you like huns? Like...highly informative huns?
Caedes
Foray
Caedes
Foray
Caedes
Foray
The world is in a new light.

And that, dear nephew, is why Mommy can't have babies anymore.

Because of Al Gore?

Yes.
Silly Al Gore, sequels are for Harry Porker- I mean Potter.

Or Peter Tipton!! Oh my!
OR MAYBE EVEN.... MARIO!

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

Caedes
God-the-almighty
Caedes
Jinsa-Chan
Caedes
Leago_Ladonis
Come on man...can't you just like...NOT make any more yelling and bullshit squabling? Freedom of speech is cool and all...but what you're doing is just a"dignified" mirror image of all their bullshit, only you think yours is ok. Son of a b***h...let's think about this...you pointing out facts, and leaving a trail of irony in your wake isn't going to stop all the petty bullshit, it's just (for a time being of course) going to get directed at you...

Damnit...why can't we just argue about cereal...at least we can give better reasoning...

Did you read the whole post? As well thought out as you tried to make that sound, it was just painfully obvious you ignored half of what I said. I know I'm being hypocritical, I know this won't get us anywhere, and I know I'm just going to get it directed at me for now. But I didn't say I thought mine was ok. Did you read the part about assholes?

No.. I think they missed the part about the assholes. =o

I think so too. confused
I made a thread along these lines maybe a year ago. It's not likely to change any time soon.

I don't expect it to. As soon as we're all replaced by aliens or something, it never will.
I suppose but then again I've managed to get someone who was hated to be accepted by the regs. I've always felt that no one is totally right and to keep an open mind is to be available to learn. I'm not saying compromise your ideals, just to be respectful and open to hear what others believ.
Caedes

But what if you like huns? Like...highly informative huns?

All that Huns can tell you how to do is pillage Rome and throw a damned fine pile-of-dead-bodies-bonfire, neither of which is of much use to me in my life right now.
Leago_Ladonis
Caedes
Leago_Ladonis
Caedes
Leago_Ladonis

YEs damnit I read the whole ******** post...but come on...that doesn't give you any less of an excuse...that just means you think you're aloud to make people look like jackasses...and all this is...is a trick ******** question.

Cereal damnit...that's all I ask

I am allowed to. I'm directing it at myself as well. Hm...
TRIX ARE BETTER THAN LUCKY CHARMS!!! scream

All I'm saying...is it's just redundant...and it seems like you just had nothin better to do...

Nah, I'd just managed to escape a riot about pro-rights without being trampled to death. I think the only thing they aborted was their brains. And then this popped out.

Ha...I looked at that one too...she didn't even have a ******** point to what she was sayin...she was just bitching. A real ******** debate is what to do about the ******** war in Iraq...or...how to take out anger...or WHY you think pro choice is good or bad...What, How, or Why...that's what I see as debate...

I see a debate as something in which people will actually listen, concider what has been said, think...and THEN reply with their own opinions, based on actually thought out reason.
God-the-almighty
Leago_Ladonis
Oh, and what about you little ******** lackys...You guys are so quick to be so damn happy that someone appreciates you. You side with whatever you can without first thinking about what you're actually siding with...It's ridiculous...
You paint the GD with a broad brush. Perhaps you may wish to consider the gaps in that statemment.

I meant every damn word I said...whoever understands this knows what I'm talking about...

But if you want me to break it down for you into laymen's terms...then here ya go.

People are stupid...as a general populace...they're dumb, gullible, reckless, and superstitious. If you get together a bunch of people under one man who knows how to use his words right...you can make people riot...because they think they have power in numbers...That's all people on here are doing...no one is thinking for themselves...
I suppose that people should try to keep the swearing down to a minimum, here. people who do so are simply turning this thread, made for discussion, into something they themselves are complaining about. Discussion and debate is made for all things... if there must be a thread about cereal, make one and ignore this one.
God-the-almighty
Caedes
God-the-almighty
Caedes
Jinsa-Chan

No.. I think they missed the part about the assholes. =o

I think so too. confused
I made a thread along these lines maybe a year ago. It's not likely to change any time soon.

I don't expect it to. As soon as we're all replaced by aliens or something, it never will.
I suppose but then again I've managed to get someone who was hated to be accepted by the regs. I've always felt that no one is totally right and to keep an open mind is to be available to learn. I'm not saying compromise your ideals, just to be respectful and open to hear what others believ.

Yeah, I do that. If only the majority did the same.
Caedes
Leago_Ladonis
Caedes
Leago_Ladonis
Caedes
Leago_Ladonis

YEs damnit I read the whole ******** post...but come on...that doesn't give you any less of an excuse...that just means you think you're aloud to make people look like jackasses...and all this is...is a trick ******** question.

Cereal damnit...that's all I ask

I am allowed to. I'm directing it at myself as well. Hm...
TRIX ARE BETTER THAN LUCKY CHARMS!!! scream

All I'm saying...is it's just redundant...and it seems like you just had nothin better to do...

Nah, I'd just managed to escape a riot about pro-rights without being trampled to death. I think the only thing they aborted was their brains. And then this popped out.

Ha...I looked at that one too...she didn't even have a ******** point to what she was sayin...she was just bitching. A real ******** debate is what to do about the ******** war in Iraq...or...how to take out anger...or WHY you think pro choice is good or bad...What, How, or Why...that's what I see as debate...

I see a debate as something in which people will actually listen, concider what has been said, think...and THEN reply with their own opinions, based on actually thought out reason.

But listen to this...if you're just complaining...you're not asking the question that leads to debate...You're not focused on the answer...you're focused on telling the b***h off who's just ******** whining about useless s**t...You can't have debate without cause...and true cause for debate is in the question...
Leago_Ladonis
God-the-almighty
Leago_Ladonis
Oh, and what about you little ******** lackys...You guys are so quick to be so damn happy that someone appreciates you. You side with whatever you can without first thinking about what you're actually siding with...It's ridiculous...
You paint the GD with a broad brush. Perhaps you may wish to consider the gaps in that statemment.

I meant every damn word I said...whoever understands this knows what I'm talking about...

But if you want me to break it down for you into laymen's terms...then here ya go.

People are stupid...as a general populace...they're dumb, gullible, reckless, and superstitious. If you get together a bunch of people under one man who knows how to use his words right...you can make people riot...because they think they have power in numbers...That's all people on here are doing...no one is thinking for themselves...

So you have to disagree in order to think for yourself? If you agree you're a mindless drone? Now I agree with you on all points you made in this last statement, except for that. I think a sparce few are capable of thinking for themselves, but happening to agree.
Leago_Ladonis
Caedes
Leago_Ladonis
Caedes
Leago_Ladonis

But listen to this...if you're just complaining...you're not asking the question that leads to debate...You're not focused on the answer...you're focused on telling the b***h off who's just ******** whining about useless s**t...You can't have debate without cause...and true cause for debate is in the question...

But I'm not debating. I'm just discussing assholes.
Caedes
Leago_Ladonis
God-the-almighty
Leago_Ladonis

So you have to disagree in order to think for yourself? If you agree you're a mindless drone? Now I agree with you on all points you made in this last statement, except for that. I think a sparce few are capable of thinking for themselves, but happening to agree.

No...you don't have to necessarily disagree...you have to really understand what the person is saying. If you've ever read Terry Goodkind you'd understand why I bring this up...
Foray
Caedes
Foray
Caedes
Foray

Because of Al Gore?

Yes.
Silly Al Gore, sequels are for Harry Porker- I mean Potter.

Or Peter Tipton!! Oh my!
OR MAYBE EVEN.... MARIO!

No... Never Mario. Mario is the anti-christ.

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

Leago_Ladonis
God-the-almighty
Leago_Ladonis

I've always thought for myself. But if I happen to agree with the majority I'm not going to pretend otherwise just to seem cool. If I disagree I let that be known as well. Personally I've never sought to be liked, if it happens it happens. I am a bit saddened at your bitter attitude of humanity, I happen to believe we have more potential than that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff