Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reverend_Jello
Shaedie
I don't believe in a god. talk2hand
I didn't say you did, but you have faith in that. You believe that you do not believe in a god. This whole post is not about god, it's about faith being ever-present.

That's not faith it's wanting diffinitive proof that he exists.
the Samael
Reverend_Jello
the Samael
Sure, I have plenty of faith in things that I have confirmed to be true and real, like my five senses and the law of gravity.

The burden of proof lies upon you, not me. There is no proof that a deity exists and therefore I see no reason to subscribe to any of your silly religious philosophies.
I am not trying to prove a Deity exists, but your own five senses are only proven by themselves or by science, which is reliant on the five senses anyway. Did you even read my first post?
Yes, I read it. You've stated that things that are self-evident are generally accepted as fact. That's a given: it's self-evident that I can see, hear, taste, smell and touch. I already know I can. I also know that when I throw a ball into the air, it comes back down to the ground. These things are self-evident.

The existence of a deity is not self-evident. There's a difference between faith and blind faith.
The reason those things are "self-evident" is because we put faith in them for so long that they become second nature. To people who believe in a Deity strongly enough and for a long enough time that Deity is self-evident. Let's say a man's wife is sick, so he makes a sacrifice at a temple of Apollo, the Greek god of sunlight, medicine and healing, and his wife gets better. To him that is proof and self-evidence that Apollo has accepted his sacrifice, is real, and has healed his wife, but we may have other explanations.

By science's own system of proof and by our own senses' system of proof they are self-evident. Just the same, if people put faith in the Torah long enough they consider its own words to be self-evident proof.
seifer-z10
All of my faith is placed into the women I love. With out my faith placed in her, I wouldn't be able to do what I am doing.

'Faith' is not an acceptable name for your p***s.
Shaedie
Reverend_Jello
Shaedie
I don't believe in a god. talk2hand
I didn't say you did, but you have faith in that. You believe that you do not believe in a god. This whole post is not about god, it's about faith being ever-present.

That's not faith it's wanting diffinitive proof that he exists.
Did you even read the first post? I'm not even talking about whether or not God is real, I'm saying that everyone has the virtue of faith, even if it is not in God.
Reverend_Jello
the Samael
Reverend_Jello
the Samael
Sure, I have plenty of faith in things that I have confirmed to be true and real, like my five senses and the law of gravity.

The burden of proof lies upon you, not me. There is no proof that a deity exists and therefore I see no reason to subscribe to any of your silly religious philosophies.
I am not trying to prove a Deity exists, but your own five senses are only proven by themselves or by science, which is reliant on the five senses anyway. Did you even read my first post?
Yes, I read it. You've stated that things that are self-evident are generally accepted as fact. That's a given: it's self-evident that I can see, hear, taste, smell and touch. I already know I can. I also know that when I throw a ball into the air, it comes back down to the ground. These things are self-evident.

The existence of a deity is not self-evident. There's a difference between faith and blind faith.
The reason those things are "self-evident" is because we put faith in them for so long that they become second nature. To people who believe in a Deity strongly enough and for a long enough time that Deity is self-evident. Let's say a man's wife is sick, so he makes a sacrifice at a temple of Apollo, the Greek god of sunlight, medicine and healing, and his wife gets better. To him that is proof and self-evidence that Apollo has accepted his sacrifice, is real, and has healed his wife, but we may have other explanations.

By science's own system of proof and by our own senses' system of proof they are self-evident. Just the same, if people put faith in the Torah long enough they consider its own words to be self-evident proof.
No, the reason they're self-evident is because it's a fact that they exist. You act as if things only happen because our mind perceives them to happen, whereas it's the opposite: our mind perceives them to happen because they happen.

To put faith in something you are not sure exists is to be a fool. I only believe in what I see before me.
HORSE DRAGONS
seifer-z10
All of my faith is placed into the women I love. With out my faith placed in her, I wouldn't be able to do what I am doing.

Sorry, but you fail. My p***s has little to do with my choice to spend an entire year working my a** of so that I can see her.
HORSE DRAGONS
seifer-z10

Horse Dragons, you are a biggot and a misanthrope. Seifer, good for you. You have found something to have faith in.

Big Member

10,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Jacob 100
Faith no more

confused
the Samael
Reverend_Jello
the Samael
Reverend_Jello
the Samael

No, the reason they're self-evident is because it's a fact that they exist. You act as if things only happen because our mind perceives them to happen, whereas it's the opposite: our mind perceives them to happen because they happen.

To put faith in something you are not sure exists is to be a fool. I only believe in what I see before me.
Are you even listening? How do you know it's not a hallucination of some kind? You could be a catatonic in a hospital hallucinating all of this for all you know. It's not a fact, it's a perception. It's all perception. You have to have faith that you're not just someone who's dreaming, or hallucinating, or have faith that you're even real.
Reverend_Jello
HORSE DRAGONS
seifer-z10

Horse Dragons, you are a biggot and a misanthrope. Seifer, good for you. You have found something to have faith in.
Nice way of shooting Horse down. Haha.
Reverend_Jello
Are you even listening? How do you know it's not a hallucination of some kind? You could be a catatonic in a hospital hallucinating all of this for all you know. It's not a fact, it's a perception. It's all perception. You have to have faith that you're not just someone who's dreaming, or hallucinating, or have faith that you're even real.
Your teenage pseudophilosophy reeks of solipsism. It sounds to me like you've been watching the Matrix too many times.

I'm done with you.
seifer-z10
HORSE DRAGONS
seifer-z10
All of my p***s is placed into the women I love. With out my p***s placed in her, I wouldn't be able to do what I am doing.

Sorry, but you fail. My p***s has little to do with my choice to spend an entire year working my a** of so that I can see her.

Sorry, but you fail.
I suggest you go to amazon and purchase a sense of humor, you'll need one if you plan on visiting this forum.
Perhaps my slight edit will allow you to see how ******** hilarious i found it.

Reverend_Jello
HORSE DRAGONS
seifer-z10

Actually i like everyone, i just enjoy annoying them too.
Maybe you should look up the definitions for bigotry and misanthropy.
the Samael
Reverend_Jello
Your teenage pseudophilosophy reeks of solipsism. It sounds to me like you've been watching the Matrix too many times.

I'm done with you.
No, I read Plato's allegory of the cave.
seifer-z10
Reverend_Jello
HORSE DRAGONS
seifer-z10

Nice way of shooting Horse down. Haha.

I have a second name, ********.
But you may refer to me as 'Miss DRAGONS' if you please.

Reverend_Jello
the Samael
Reverend_Jello

I'm done with you.
No, I read Plato's allegory of the cave.

Congratulations, so has every other person who ever took philosophy in highschool.
Seriously that s**t was like in the second class.
What i'm trying to say is you are not smart or special.
So you wanna cookie?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces