Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should DSS take this woman's child away?

Oh. Yeah. 0.43965517241379 44.0% [ 51 ]
No. That wasn't child abuse! 0.26724137931034 26.7% [ 31 ]
DSS should give me gold. 0.29310344827586 29.3% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 116 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Chasing Rabbits
I always say things like you wanted to say to that mom to people all the time when i see that s**t. I dont give a ********, im loud straight forward, and most of the time outright rude. You have a right to speak what is on your mind, thats what great about living in america.

take advantage of it while you have it.

Thats ******** up, you can't tell someone how to raise their children.
No offense, but if you were yelling at me telling me to raise my kids, I would cuss you out.
sweatdrop
That does not sound like child abuse. Slapping your kid in the face, spanking them, or dragging them out of the stoor if they don't want to listen is not child abuse.

Whipping your kid with a belt or throwing them down the stairs is child abuse.

I hate this new "progressive parenting" s**t.

THAT'S NOT CHILD ABUSE. IF THE LITTLE WIMP WAS THROWING A TANTRUM AND WOULDN'T SHUT UP, HE DESERVED IT. iT'S CALLED MODERN DAY SOCIETY. Get with the program.
grimble grumble
uhh
it's not really child abuse
I'm sorry, but most of you sound very ignorant and someone needs to set you straight!

Ok, say you are 5 years old, eh? And say I take you by the arm and hold you up. Now, think of the pain as your own weight pulls you down and an adult's strength pulling the other way. Ok, now think of struggling to reach your feet to the ground, because it's hurting your arm. And this isn't a split second, you are (Edit:being pulled) in that direction.

If you do not feel anything, you are heartless and do not belong in society. Yes, I am only 15 years old, but seriously people, stop being hateful, it's not right and sooner or later it will come back to hurt you.

600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
All right, time for me to interject.

If that was an isolated incident, then, though it wasn't right necessarily, it wasn't child abuse. If things like that happen often to the child, and worse, then yes, of course it's abuse. But, you have no way to tell about which senario it was. You were right not to say anything, because most times a child abuser won't abuse in a public place. At least, not seriously enough for you to really know it's abuse.

Trust me on this one.
Xeno_Fenix
I'm sorry, but most of you sound very ignorant and someone needs to set you straight!

Ok, say you are 5 years old, eh? And say I take you by the arm and hold you up. Now, think of the pain as your own weight pulls you down and an adult's strength pulling the other way. Ok, now think of struggling to reach your feet to the ground, because it's hurting your arm. And this isn't a split second, you are (Edit:being pulled) in that direction.

If you do not feel anything, you are heartless and do not belong in society. Yes, I am only 15 years old, but seriously people, stop being hateful, it's not right and sooner or later it will come back to hurt you.

I'VE BEEN THORUGH ALL THAT ALREADY. THE PULLING, GETTING WHIPPED WITH A BELT, MANY TIMES. DIDN'T FAZE ME, AND I'VE TURNED OUT TO BE A GREAT KID.

Hygienic Raider

15,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
Not really, unless she was beating her child in public or something.
Though she got pissed off for him not shutting up, don't think it's a bit fair.
I remember one time at the grocery store, I saw this mother and her daughter who was about three at the candy part of it.
She was forcing her daughter to eat all the candy so they wouldn't have to buy it, and she kept screaming and slapping her.
I kept saying out loud that this lady is abusing her child, and then a worker passes by the three of us.
0_0;;

600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Xeno_Fenix

I agree, it is not the correct way to handle a child, but under a great deal of frustration, sometimes we make mistakes. It quite possibly could be the case that the child had been causing the mother more aggravation than she could handle right then, and as an isolated incident, she did something stupid. If you want to get all legal and whatnot, I suppose it could be called child abuse, but really... I know what child abuse is. Real child abuse is being grabbed around your throat and nearly strangled to death, or being punched in the stomach, or being starved for days on end, or being locked in your room for twenty-four hours with not even bathroom breaks at age six. Compared to that, and I'm speaking from experience, being pulled out of a store by your arm hardly compares.

600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Pashio
I remember one time at the grocery store, I saw this mother and her daughter who was about three at the candy part of it.
She was forcing her daughter to eat all the candy so they wouldn't have to buy it, and she kept screaming and slapping her.
I kept saying out loud that this lady is abusing her child, and then a worker passes by the three of us.
0_0;;

This qualifies far more as child abuse than being pulled from the store by your arm.

6,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
b0n3s
That does not sound like child abuse. Slapping your kid in the face, spanking them, or dragging them out of the stoor if they don't want to listen is not child abuse.

Whipping your kid with a belt or throwing them down the stairs is child abuse.

I hate this new "progressive parenting" s**t.

sweatdrop Are you serious?

Oh my God...
I do not think that was child abuse. The kid was whine and not shutting up. Kids need to respect their parents, and sometimes, physical action must be taken.
That sounds alot like what my mommy did to me when I was six! D:
cmnd alt cntrl
I neglected my baby in Sims, then the mean people stole it.

rofl rofl rofl That used to happen to me all the time before I figured out the money cheatcode. When the lady came to take the baby, I'd build walls around her and the baby but then she'd just teleport throught walls and take the baby. Once I had a Sim who sucked at cooking burn down a room blocking the baby's room just so she couldn't get in.

*Ahem* Back of subject.

That's not enough for the Child Services to take the kid away, the lady's just a bad parent and probably a complete idiot. My dad's grabbed me by the face before ad shaken me around when I pissed him off and was being a smartass.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff