Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaughan
geez, the lack of reasons in here makes me sick.

I was just thinking...with all the good comments about the Revolution from developers...wonder how many of them will actually make a game on the Revolution...
that depands on sells ((remamber i am not saying the rev is a bad systom BUT because JoeSmo is scared of anything new and because MS and sony have a much larger market share)) the rev probly wont sell as manny as the 360 or the PS3 so devs will not think its worth devaloping for.

((big rezon why the GC had little saport))
i like all games but i mostly prefer Playstation, but i look forward to all the consoles comin out.
Each one of 'em has their own advantages and disadvantages, no? Sure, X-Box 360 is affordable (200-300$ ish?), good games and graphics and what-nots. I'm just worried about PS3 and Revolution. True, Rev. might not have much games, but I'm pretty sure most of the games already out for the previous consoles of Nintendo will be put in Revolution (Mario, Zelda, and Metroid). As for PS3? Well... I'm confused whether to buy it or not when it comes out. I mean, I wouldn't want to risk wasting 500-600$ and turns out that the console MIGHT (note: MIGHT) have some kind of problem, like what just happened with 360. :/ What do you guys think?
Ulrick Darcken
Gaughan

I was just thinking...with all the good comments about the Revolution from developers...wonder how many of them will actually make a game on the Revolution...
that depands on sells ((remamber i am not saying the rev is a bad systom BUT because JoeSmo is scared of anything new and because MS and sony have a much larger market share)) the rev probly wont sell as manny as the 360 or the PS3 so devs will not think its worth devaloping for.

Remember Dev. didnt really support the GCN and Nintendo at the time before Itawa and Fils-Aime, Nintendo was barely hanging on. Since thier arrival, Nintendo has done waaay better in the ladder parts of the GCN era and the Revolution era well be it's most successful since the SNES and NES days.

Reggie, Miyamoto and Itawa are being more open minded then their predessors before them. They wwant other 3rd party dev. to hope on board and create orginal games for the Rev. With more 3rd party support the Rev. will sell as much (But Im sure more) then the 360 and prolly just as much as the PS3. Like I siad before not too long ago that if the Revolution is great (which Im sure it will), word of mouth will spread and people will play.
Two people who work for IBM came to school and gave a presentation.
They said they helped make the PS3 Chip, which they couldn't shut up about.
I'm so upset, they said it'd be around 500$-600$ sad
Ulrick Darcken
Gaughan

I do agree and disagree with your comment. Where sales is a main point, if the main audience is on that system it is still best to go ahead and make games for that system. Also cost is an reason which the Rev is trying to help out with.

If Nintendo sorts out its image from the Cube then I can see them getting a lot more games than the Cube. People seem to forget that total lack of third party on the N64. This makes the Cube a success in terms of suport from the N64 but no where from what they had on the Snes.
[Super AIDS]

What did they say exactly ?
Morden
[Super AIDS]

They were designing some chips that made the processor thing faster.
There were 8 of them inside of the thing, and I think they said they were like 10x faster than the Intel Pentium 4 or something.
They kept bragging out PS3 the entire time. gonk gonk
They did show video previews of a Racing game, some fighting-styled game, and a boxing game. The racing one was choppy, because the thing was too fast to be processed on the Laptop there.
[Super AIDS]
Morden
[Super AIDS]

There were 8 of them inside of the thing, and I think they said they were like 10x faster than the Intel Pentium 4 or something.
They did show video previews of a Racing game, some fighting-styled game, and a boxing game. The racing one was choppy, because the thing was too fast to be processed on the Laptop there.

XD They were talking about the PPE and the eight SPE's. And, Cell being faster then a Pentium 4 is like comparing apple's to oranges.
Morden
[Super AIDS]
Morden
[Super AIDS]

XD They were talking about the PPE and the eight SPE's. And, Cell being faster then a Pentium 4 is like comparing apple's to oranges.
Hype is what sony's good at
Sony's trying to make out the PS3's processor better than what it really is. but it doesn't matter how good it is if developers can't take advantage of it. Most game makers have to release a game every 18 months to stay profitable. You can't make games that fully use a buff processor like the one the PS3's supposed to have in that time.
[Super AIDS]

thats IBM
Sony is saying 400 or less
NiGHTS_Chao329
[Super AIDS]

thats IBM
Sony is saying 400 or less
are we talking about the Cell or the PS3.

the cells probly going to be around 400 and up just like all new Graphic cards
kev360
this topic needs a poll. that would be cool.

i have to go with the revo. gaming is not about graphics, its about... games. i trust nintendo to make the new controler work, i mean seriously, we are talking about the company that made the annolog stick. i think they can make this work. also, we dont know the half of the revolution. ( http://gonintendo.com/?p=731 ) i cant wait to see what else nintendo has up thier sleeves. also, with all the great nintendo titles, and a new one, this is looken like a great consal, at an affordable price. and thats my 2 cents.

They didnt create the analog stick Atari did that with the Atari 7800. rolleyes
felixfelicius
Sony's trying to make out the PS3's processor better than what it really is. but it doesn't matter how good it is if developers can't take advantage of it. Most game makers have to release a game every 18 months to stay profitable. You can't make games that fully use a buff processor like the one the PS3's supposed to have in that time.

Hype, Dude.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces