Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Loiterer

Geistly
Ruff Rabbit

Unfortunately from what I have experienced they are nothing but a perpetual "grind-fest". The only thing that makes them worth playing is the people you meet but it seems to me that they are not keen on establishing new friendships or enjoying these games alongside others. Basically MMOs are becoming boring single-player games with zero incentive to accomplish any noteworthy goals.

Pretty much. The only MMO I really like these days is Spiral Knights because it forces you to cooperate with people and doesn't rely on grinding for items with shitty drop rates that you need fifty of.

10,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
Ruff Rabbit
Silentmarie
Ruff Rabbit
Silentmarie
JenericRPG
Silentmarie

A very large portion of the fan base are extremely mean towards anyone who isn't worshiping this game on a pedestal. A lot of them are just extremely insulting and rude.

I was once talking about how I think the game's alright, and I've had fun with it,but I DO think it could be a better game if this or that was improved. (If interested, I have a post the page before describing) The group of guys laughed at me and said I must be a "stupid ******** noob," and kept talking about how if this isn't your favorite game ever, you can't be a real gamer.

I mostly stay over on the speedrun/artists side of the fandom so I don't have to deal with that. I cannot fathom why people need to act like that, like holy s**t it's just a game.

Not all fans are like that of course, but I believe those are the fans he was likely referring to.

Kinda off topic, but the WoW fanbase sucks quite a bit too.

Jeneric's off his ban and back on his main thank god.

Yeah, same with the LoL fanbase. I played for a few weeks, discovered how shitty everyone was to new players, and left forever. Never had a run in with any WoW players though, how bad are they?

Once my bf and I both died during a fight in a rough dungeon. The healer refused to rez us, because obviously we were "stupid noobs."
Although, if the healer had been a good healer, and the tank had been a good tank, nobody would've died at all.

The WoW crowd is just extremely elitist. They're really crappy towards new players.

Ah man that's so lame, elitist healers are the literal worst because if they want to they can just let everyone die and you know they won't take responsibility for it.

Yeah. I've played as both healer and tank before. (Not at the same time). If the healer and the tank are doing their jobs well, the DPS should not die, unless they're standing in things they're really not supposed to, which we were not.

10,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
Geistly
Silentmarie

As far as I have seen there are no new players. Even if there are actually new players roaming about, they tend to be a burden on everyone because of how World of Warcraft works now, particularly in PvP situations.

I haven't played since MoP came out. Cata made things much friendlier to new players I thought (game mechanic wise.) Did MoP change that?

10,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
Ruff Rabbit
Geistly
Ruff Rabbit

Unfortunately from what I have experienced they are nothing but a perpetual "grind-fest". The only thing that makes them worth playing is the people you meet but it seems to me that they are not keen on establishing new friendships or enjoying these games alongside others. Basically MMOs are becoming boring single-player games with zero incentive to accomplish any noteworthy goals.

Pretty much. The only MMO I really like these days is Spiral Knights because it forces you to cooperate with people and doesn't rely on grinding for items with shitty drop rates that you need fifty of.

Have you tried Guild Wars 2? I really enjoy that one.

Enduring Cyclops

15,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Active Inactivity
Mahzuki
Active Inactivity
Mahzuki
The only thing that is actually CHEAP about the game is when OTHER PLAYERS hunt you down and attack you when you can't possibly fight back. That is it. Nothing else.

Play hollow, or, in the case of dark souls 2, level up your character as a first priority instead of upgrading, so that you use your soul memory to it's maximum.

That won't do any good when someone waits up where a ladder comes up and knocks you off...
Then put in some situational awareness and get the ******** off the ladder before he can do that, what, do you expect him to just let you walk up it, when he's out to kill you?

You do get a choice in the matter but to go to him.
You can't go fight a boss without either eliminating him or him eliminating you.
I am used to have it be like a duel man.

Dedicated Loiterer

Silentmarie
Ruff Rabbit
Geistly
Ruff Rabbit

No but I've seen a lot of stuff from it, it looks really pretty. Is it f2p?

Dedicated Loiterer

Geistly
Ruff Rabbit

It is buy-to-play with an optional cash shop. Though from what I have heard the game is more "single-player" than most MMOs. I have not experienced enough to confirm or deny that, unfortunately.

Do you know how many shitty steam games I could buy with $50 that I don't have anyway

10,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
Ruff Rabbit
Silentmarie
Ruff Rabbit
Geistly
Ruff Rabbit

You need to buy the game itself, but there is no subscription fee.
It encourages a lot of cooperation, and is very much non grindy. At least, if you enjoy exploring and doing quests it's not grindy. It's not everyone's cup of tea. I enjoy exploration, so I really love it.

Dedicated Loiterer

Silentmarie
Ruff Rabbit
Silentmarie
Ruff Rabbit
Geistly
Ruff Rabbit

It encourages a lot of cooperation, and is very much non grindy. At least, if you enjoy exploring and doing quests it's not grindy. It's not everyone's cup of tea. I enjoy exploration, so I really love it.

I am too poor for this. Also saving money for games that come out this fall.

10,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
Ruff Rabbit
Silentmarie
Ruff Rabbit
Silentmarie
Ruff Rabbit

I am too poor for this. Also saving money for games that come out this fall.

Ah, alright. Was just a suggestion smile

Dedicated Loiterer

Geistly
Ruff Rabbit

I do indeed and I prefer those "shitty" titles over MMOs these days. Mostly because people have this misconception about the indie titles pouring out of Steam that the majority are bad and that they are not worth the risk. Which is quite silly as I could easily name several interesting games that I would have never discovered had I not bought them on a whim.

Plus buying indie games means supporting people who need money more than bigger companies do and it gets people started on being able to make even better games. And really the more games that exist the better, even if some of them suck.

Jaeroon's Husbando

Distrustful Human

8,575 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
Mahzuki
Active Inactivity
Mahzuki
Active Inactivity
Mahzuki
The only thing that is actually CHEAP about the game is when OTHER PLAYERS hunt you down and attack you when you can't possibly fight back. That is it. Nothing else.

Play hollow, or, in the case of dark souls 2, level up your character as a first priority instead of upgrading, so that you use your soul memory to it's maximum.

That won't do any good when someone waits up where a ladder comes up and knocks you off...
Then put in some situational awareness and get the ******** off the ladder before he can do that, what, do you expect him to just let you walk up it, when he's out to kill you?

You do get a choice in the matter but to go to him.
You can't go fight a boss without either eliminating him or him eliminating you.
I am used to have it be like a duel man.
Dude,just back away and shoot him with a bow, he'll either leave his post, or you'll kill him with arrows. If he leaves his post, you can then run up the ladder, go through the fog, and have him despawn. Don't play like a pleb, and maybe you won't get killed by a pleb.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff