Welcome to Gaia! ::

Re:Favorite ME quote 3!

Hello, dead people! 0.091164095371669 9.1% [ 65 ]
Oh crap, a pop-up. 0.082748948106592 8.3% [ 59 ]
I may be drunk, krogan, but you're ugly. And tomorrow I'll be sober. 0.16129032258065 16.1% [ 115 ]
You! I said a bad-a** not some scout whining like a quarian with a tummy-ache. 0.065918653576438 6.6% [ 47 ]
Huh. Nobody died." "I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better." "Nah, I'm good. " 0.20336605890603 20.3% [ 145 ]
"Wait, you're stopping me but not them? You son of a b***h!" "You don't have a grenade launcher, lady. Get lost." 0.13744740532959 13.7% [ 98 ]
I have ruled out the possibility of an artificially intelligent virus, unless it's *very* intelligent... and toying with me. 0.25806451612903 25.8% [ 184 ]
Total Votes:[ 713 ]

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
I watched all 4 endings.

The regret ending starts off what we wanted and then Casey Hudson pulls his usual "******** you" right at the end.

The endings looked alright, they're still bad...but a lot better than what we were handed before.

I think the best one was Control.

I think this will be the schism in the Take Back movement. It literally will split a line between people who disliked the endings.
Preston886
I watched all 4 endings.

The regret ending starts off what we wanted and then Casey Hudson pulls his usual "******** you" right at the end.

The endings looked alright, they're still bad...but a lot better than what we were handed before.

I think this will be the schism in the Take Back movement. It literally will split a line between people who disliked the endings.

I think people who are still in the Take Back movement are now beating a dead horse. They "addressed" the issue. They are never, ever, going to admit the flaws of the ending. They like it, they will forever stand behind it. If you still expect them to admit any possible errors on their part you are deluding yourself.

It's so sad. There was such potential for the game and plot.

Shy Sex Symbol

I keep watching the 'Destroy' ending at the part where the body starts to breath.
And I can clearly see that the head is completely off the torso.

Like, there is no head there.

So unless someone comes up with a SUPER Lazarus Project, I think Shepard is good and dead out there.
._.

Hallowed Hunter

Underwhelming is the word I'd use to best describe this. I actually think its sad that I and others don't really care enough anymore to get up in arms over it.

Is it an improvement? Sure. But it just seems like a cheap add on.
How the hell was that 2GB?

Plus it just introduces new plot holes.
Before: How the hell did my teammates get on the Normandy?
Now: Oh Shepard calls Joker to come pick them up...Um Ok...

I'll admit, the dialogue was pretty good and having a final moment with Liara was great, but the circumstances were just ridiculous.

For one thing, Everyone was committed to the mission, and willing to die for it. I don't see Shepard taking the most advanced ship in the fleet out of the fight to come pick up one injured person, regardless of who they are.

For another, the OTHER teammate, the uninjured one (In my case Garrus) just silently leaves for the sole purpose of helping the first (injured teammate) dispite the fact that there are half a dozen marines on the landing ramp who could easily do this. NONE of the Shepard's team would do this. They would ALL insist on accompanying him/her, Particularly Garrus.

Also, as Harbinger, (who was all of 100m away) clearly had no interest in destroying, or even attacking the Normandy (wtf?) Why didn't Hammer just use the Normandy to go directly to the beam in the first place? The Normandy's Main gun punched a hole straight through Sovereign, I'm sure a destroyer would be no problem.

But I'm willing to overlook those, they don't ruin the ending by any means.

There is STILL no explanation for how anderson got to the control room before you his, odd descriptions of where he was, or for that matter WHY ON EARTH the beam dropped you in a hallway that was right beside, and led straight TO, the Citadels secret control room.

Now the Starchild...

Nope pretty much nothing has changed. You can question him a bit more now, but other than that, unless you refuse to make a choice, or shoot the little b*****d in the face (My initial reaction, forcing me to play through the entire sequence again!) nothing is improved. He conveniently does not mention the mass relays, so they no longer explode, just shatter a bit.
And you STILL can not reason with him, or prove his logic false.

I still can't believe that in the ENTIRE conversation with him the Geth do NOT come up once.

Now the Refusal ending, where you either shoot him (As he deserves) or just refuse to make a choice, that was a great concept, one that I'd thought of before the game's release and, honestly, SHOULD have been in the original game, though not as a result of refusing the choices.
But in this case, its just used as basically a ******** you from Bioware.

Honestly, I hate the Crucible in general, not just because of the ending. Not a single person has ANY idea what it does until the Starchild tells Shepard. So tell me, why does Hackett feel the need to leave the Sol system? (An attempt to fill in the plothole of why Joker was jumping away) And even if he did know what it did, Why does he think they can outrun it? It it was possible for them to outrun it simply by jumping to the next system then it would be a pretty useless weapon. It would only destroy/control/synthesis within the Sol System.

The rest basically amounts to Hackett and some still images, telling you that: "No, the Galaxy isn't as completely ******** as it was before we ret-conned a few things."

Still no explanation for Shepard breathing in the Destroy ending either.

One thing that really stood out to me was that the Starchild kept saying that there wasn't much time.
I was just just thinking: 'I'm sorry, do you have somewhere to be?

Blessed Poster

Amy Arsonist

I think people who are still in the Take Back movement are now beating a dead horse. They "addressed" the issue. They are never, ever, going to admit the flaws of the ending. They like it, they will forever stand behind it. If you still expect them to admit any possible errors on their part you are deluding yourself.

Pretty much, the two ******** have to much ego for that to happen.

Blessed Poster

EmilyRaynebow
I loved it, i loved how it went into more detail about all of the endings. (WHICH THEY SAID IT WOULD DO.)

Don't expect the endings to be different because they never said they would be. And don't hate the writers because that's such a childish thing to do... just because you didn't like what they came up with doesn't mean they're horrible crying I thoght the endings were wonderful becsause FOR ONCE, the hero dies to save the ones he loves.

No I hate the "2" writers for rolling with their "broken" ending and the giant s**t ego they have about it.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Amy Arsonist
Preston886
I watched all 4 endings.

They addressed "an issue" which was closure.

Nothing more and nothing less.

The reject ending though was more or less of Casey Hudson reminds us that he doesn't care what our Shepard would have done, because Casey Hudson's way is the way we're doing things.

Destroy doesn't explain why the Geth get destroyed as well. It's pointless genocide.

No Mass Relays are explained for blowing up and then not blowing up.

How does your crew get back on the Normandy when they were with you?! I liked the explanation for Cortez rescuing them, but dafuq we were wrong in all 3 endings on that.

All in all, the endings are much better. I just wish they had more Harbringer in the endings, since he was the embodiment of the Star Child(Watch Reject Ending).

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
Finally got to finish the EC a few minutes ago. It's very meh. Still didn't make much sense.

Something to note though: you don't run into any new content until you make a run for the beam. And I pretty much agree with Dardanos Immortalis.

Even though I wasn't able to hear it (thanks to the boyfriend insisting we have the fan on, and noisy roomies & friends), Shep's last words to Kaidan (and his face) was just so sad! And how come when I picked destroy, they were treating me as dead when I got that breath in the rubble?
I haven't played through yet, as I'm still working through ME1 again with the girlfriend and don't want to ruin too much, but I knew from the get go that when this Extended Cut was released, I'd be disappointed no matter what.

From my perspective, there's a reason Drew Karpyshyn, one of the best writers to grace Bioware's team, left the company just before the finale's release. If I was told that this endearing child I'd been cultivating for nearly ten years would eventually be led by its parents to put a bullet in its own head, and there was nothing I could say or do to stop it, I'd turn and leave as fast as I could as well. I wouldn't want to be part of that s**tstorm either, and while I would mourn the loss of such great potential, I'd know that I could make more without the stigma of the rest of Bioware's failure on my coat tails.

Also, has anyone noticed that IGN tried to put the Extended Cut endings up on Youtube, only to have them stripped down within a couple hours? Not that they need anymore bad press after the Jessica Chobot fiasco.

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Consumer 100
I took a look at the extended endings and well I still didn't like them. Honestly while the fans had given great ways for the writers to back out and try again like the Indoctrination theory this DLC feels like Hudson being a whining child that is mad someone pointed out he done goofed. The refusal ending in particular feels like a slap in the face to everyone who had the gall to realize the ending was poorly written. Hears hoping some brilliant hackers, machinima makers, or comic artists can go out there and provide their own better endings for us to enjoy.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
I think the question most people are going to wait for is from the Retake Movement.

I'd personally would send 3 cakes, much like the cupcakes. Except the 4th cake will look very delicious and promising, but taste horrendous.

I agree with Johnel Lance. I feel that the reject ending is more or less Casey Hudson telling fans to go ******** themselves.

I'm not even surprised Seth Green refused to give his voice as Joker.

Also on the subject of Drew Karpyshyn. He left in the beginning because Casey Hudson insulted his stories, calling them crap. Drew left Mass Effect altogether because Hudson wanted to end it the way he felt it should, not how the original writers had written it.

Aged Informer

Maybe the Retake Movement should send in a "Mass" of open letters asking for Casey Hudson to... oh being polite about it... go suck a lemon and leave the company. It's fairly clear the majority of this debacle is on Hudson's neck.

Blessed Poster

soren_alenko
And how come when I picked destroy, they were treating me as dead when I got that breath in the rubble?

because there is no solid proof that is even Shepard.

Dapper Fatcat

soren_alenko
And how come when I picked destroy, they were treating me as dead when I got that breath in the rubble?

If you watched the other endings, your LI puts your name on the board with Anderson's. This one, your LI doesn't put it up, because they have such strong hope that you're alive.

Obsessive Loiterer

10,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
******** Casey Hudson and Mac Walters for ******** up the ending.

The original was pure s**t and they were the only people that were even working on the ending after banning everyone else on the writing team from being in on the ending.

Kapryshin did a hell of a job on 1 and 2 and the first three books. I bet it was because of EA that he didn't write 3. If he did, the ending could have been amazing.

The Extended Cut is like dinosaur turds, fossilized and no longer truly s**t, just evidence s**t was there. I'll admit, it had a lot more emotional impact than the original ending, and it's even acceptable in outcome.

But it's still the product of two people who don't know what Mass Effect is really all about.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff