Welcome to Gaia! ::

Re:Favorite ME quote 3!

Hello, dead people! 0.091164095371669 9.1% [ 65 ]
Oh crap, a pop-up. 0.082748948106592 8.3% [ 59 ]
I may be drunk, krogan, but you're ugly. And tomorrow I'll be sober. 0.16129032258065 16.1% [ 115 ]
You! I said a bad-a** not some scout whining like a quarian with a tummy-ache. 0.065918653576438 6.6% [ 47 ]
Huh. Nobody died." "I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better." "Nah, I'm good. " 0.20336605890603 20.3% [ 145 ]
"Wait, you're stopping me but not them? You son of a b***h!" "You don't have a grenade launcher, lady. Get lost." 0.13744740532959 13.7% [ 98 ]
I have ruled out the possibility of an artificially intelligent virus, unless it's *very* intelligent... and toying with me. 0.25806451612903 25.8% [ 184 ]
Total Votes:[ 713 ]

2,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
soren_alenko
stankington
Am I the only one that is excited that Kasumi is coming back? I loved her... she always seemed so happy, and a lot of Mass Effect characters didn't even know that was an emotion at all apparently :/ Still I am pissing myself with anticipation for ME3 (collector's editiond biggrin )
Really!? 4laugh

Link?

Here ya go! It is the second to last sentence of here profile thing.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Doc Dee
soren_alenko
The people over at the Mass Effect wiki are not happy *at all* with Deception:
Their letter to various people that worked on the Mass Effect series
I don't blame them, I heard BSN got REALLY pissed over it, even the Goons bitched about it for a page before going back to "******** (CENSORED SPOILER), ******** Jessica Chobot, etc."

Also, I see you forwarded it to the big dawgs, gj

I'm not too big on that idea honestly or the Prothean as a playable character.

I mean, I like the design because they closely resemble their Collector counter part...but the Protheans are done and dead. To say 1 survived or clone 1(Rachni were cloned, I understand that) would make me feel cheated because why not do that in the 1st place? Why wait so long to clone the Protheans. It's a hole in the story.

And Deception just...smh.

The only novel I read was Revelations. Now I hate, hate, HATE video game tie in novels. For whatever reasons the authors always feel uninspired and just write a bland story, no depth, no characterization, no atmosphere, just a description of what's going on and quotes.

Revelations was actually pretty well written. It didn't contradict any of the established lore, the writing was decent, and you actually understand the characters more. I actually found myself thinking Saren did what he had to do, much like any of our Shepards would given the choice.

I'm curious though, where BioWare will take the ME series after this trilogy. The multiplayer seems like they want to branch out and explore possibilities like an MMO(Which I'd totally play) or a series concerning more Team aspects obviously, than solo and command teammates.

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Consumer 100

Haven't seen this go up yet so enjoy. Also if I did miss it being posted sorry my bad.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Preston886
Doc Dee
soren_alenko
I don't blame them, I heard BSN got REALLY pissed over it, even the Goons bitched about it for a page before going back to "******** (CENSORED SPOILER), ******** Jessica Chobot, etc."

I'm not too big on that idea honestly or *snip* as a playable character.

*MASSIVE SNIP*

The only novel I read was Revelations. Now I hate, hate, HATE video game tie in novels. For whatever reasons the authors always feel uninspired and just write a bland story, no depth, no characterization, no atmosphere, just a description of what's going on and quotes.

Revelations was actually pretty well written. It didn't contradict any of the established lore, the writing was decent, and you actually understand the characters more. I actually found myself thinking Saren did what he had to do, much like any of our Shepards would given the choice.

I'm curious though, where BioWare will take the ME series after this trilogy. The multiplayer seems like they want to branch out and explore possibilities like an MMO(Which I'd totally play) or a series concerning more Team aspects obviously, than solo and command teammates.
Remember how in Lair of the Shadow Broker, Liara mentions that the yahg SB knew that the Protheans had more plans in place than just the Conduit and Vigil? (The Prothean squadmate) is one of them, and they have some insight into some pretty major plot points regarding (the Deus Ex Machina you're working toward for the whole game, plus why the asari are so much more advanced than the other races). Too bad they're picked up (where the series began, on Eden Prime), but it makes sense.

I can understand why Revelation would be the best, didn't it come out before ME1? And in that case, it would have to get people interested in the game? Even if it came out after, it'd still have to fit inside established lore, and would definitely do a good job of that. But I saw the summaries of pretty much all the other novels and comics on the Mass Effect Wiki, they look largely uninteresting, not to mention an unnecessary marketing ploy. Also, Dark Horse's art is doo doo at best, standard DeviantART fare at worst. Forreal, why couldn't they have at least tried to get Marvel to do the comics? I mean, you may not think Miranda was the HOTTEST THING EVER, but at least Marvel wouldn't have made her look like that scene in Toy Story 3 where Mr. Potato Man had to stick his parts into some kid's forgotten tortilla.

Plus, they make the universe's alleged "biggest badasses" look largely ineffectual, as if ME2 didn't do that enough for Aria (imo).

As for the future, Tha Docs have stated they would like to do an MMO, some would say that's unlikely as long as they are running SWtOR but that's an entirely different studio. Maybe they'd have Montreal handle the MMO while the Edmonton studio moves on to another AWESOME IP? Or maybe Edmonton and Montreal will stick with the Mass Effect franchise and some other studio will handle the next IP? idk, I hope the studios that are responsible for SWtOR and Dragon Age 2 don't get anywhere near this IP though, tbh

Tipsy Sex Symbol

johnel lance
*youtube*

Haven't seen this go up yet so enjoy. Also if I did miss it being posted sorry my bad.
My computer's too slow to instantly load these embedded youtube shits, but if that's the VA trailer then yeah, I linked that like 6 hours ago.

If it is, then you've seen it , so I gotta ask your opinion on Jessica Chobot being announed (Apparently she's an embedded war reporter and yes, you can ******** her)

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
Doc Dee
soren_alenko
I don't blame them, I heard BSN got REALLY pissed over it, even the Goons bitched about it for a page before going back to "******** (*spoiler snip*), ******** Jessica Chobot, etc."

Of course I did. I read the whole preview, and it's just... bad.

Also...

90 errors and counting in Deception. BioWare, you should be ashamed that you let this ever see the light of day. I am not picking this up now.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Doc Dee
Preston886
Doc Dee
soren_alenko

*MASSIVE SNIP*

Remember how in Lair of the Shadow Broker, Liara mentions that the yahg SB knew that the Protheans had more plans in place than just the Conduit and Vigil? (The Prothean squadmate) is one of them, and they have some insight into some pretty major plot points regarding (the Deus Ex Machina you're working toward for the whole game, plus why the asari are so much more advanced than the other races). Too bad they're picked up (where the series began, on Eden Prime), but it makes sense.

I can understand why Revelation would be the best, didn't it come out before ME1? And in that case, it would have to get people interested in the game? Even if it came out after, it'd still have to fit inside established lore, and would definitely do a good job of that. But I saw the summaries of pretty much all the other novels and comics on the Mass Effect Wiki, they look largely uninteresting, not to mention an unnecessary marketing ploy. Also, Dark Horse's art is doo doo at best, standard DeviantART fare at worst. Forreal, why couldn't they have at least tried to get Marvel to do the comics? I mean, you may not think Miranda was the HOTTEST THING EVER, but at least Marvel wouldn't have made her look like that scene in Toy Story 3 where Mr. Potato Man had to stick his parts into some kid's forgotten tortilla.

Plus, they make the universe's alleged "biggest badasses" look largely ineffectual, as if ME2 didn't do that enough for Aria (imo).

As for the future, Tha Docs have stated they would like to do an MMO, some would say that's unlikely as long as they are running SWtOR but that's an entirely different studio. Maybe they'd have Montreal handle the MMO while the Edmonton studio moves on to another AWESOME IP? Or maybe Edmonton and Montreal will stick with the Mass Effect franchise and some other studio will handle the next IP? idk, I hope the studios that are responsible for SWtOR and Dragon Age 2 don't get anywhere near this IP though, tbh

Marvel's running Halo and I guess they didn't want to handle another video game franchise, besides Dark Horse is a decent 3rd party comic company. They've given us not just the renowned Star Wars, but Big Guy & Rusty, Hellboy, The Goon, etc.

It could have been worse, it could have been handed over to IDW which simply rapes everything once good. They've destroyed Ghostbusters cannon, Godzilla, and raped the Transformers so many times it's not even funny. They mishandled Transformers so badly that when Hasbro asked them to a comic tie in for War for Cybertron, High Moon and Activision said NOPE and it became a decent novel series. 3nodding
IDW has no good writers and the s**t artists they have only work on Transformers and Ghostbusters. Godzilla actually has decent art, but sadly...nobody can write him. He's either way too overpowered or the subplots go nowhere or they simply cut the fights out and go to a completely random location!

The problem with Dark Horse though are the artists. All the good ones are working on their own series and you're left with...leftovers, the artists who just never got their chance for an obvious reason. Storywise, the Dark Horse comics are decent. The only one I disliked was the Illusive Man one was because that read like bad fanfiction.

I mean, I guess that makes sense to go back to Eden Prime. That beacon was there for a reason and what not. I'm sure BioWare will explain it in a way that none of us saw it coming.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

soren_alenko
Doc Dee
soren_alenko
I don't blame them, I heard BSN got REALLY pissed over it, even the Goons bitched about it for a page before going back to "******** (*spoiler snip*), ******** Jessica Chobot, etc."

Of course I did. I read the whole preview, and it's just... bad.

Also...

90 errors and counting in Deception. BioWare, you should be ashamed that you let this ever see the light of day. I am not picking this up now.
xd [********, I TOLD Y'ALL I couldn't even make it to the tenth page before closing that s**t in disgust. Obviously you know I wasn't exaggerating. I mean, "well dressed volus"?? What the ******** is that, does he have a shinier suit or something???

I saw this list like last week, just didn't link it because a Goon got it from BSN and BSN, well.......... User Image

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Preston886
Doc Dee
Preston886
Doc Dee
soren_alenko

*MASSIVE SNIP*

Remember how in Lair of the Shadow Broker, Liara mentions that the yahg SB knew that the Protheans had more plans in place than just the Conduit and Vigil? (*snip*) is one of them, and they have some insight into some pretty major plot points regarding (*snip*). Too bad they're picked up (*snip*), but it makes sense.

Marvel's running Halo and I guess they didn't want to handle another video game franchise, besides Dark Horse is a decent 3rd party comic company. They've given us not just the renowned Star Wars, but Big Guy & Rusty, Hellboy, The Goon, etc.

It could have been worse, it could have been handed over to IDW which simply rapes everything once good. They've destroyed Ghostbusters cannon, Godzilla, and raped the Transformers so many times it's not even funny. They mishandled Transformers so badly that when Hasbro asked them to a comic tie in for War for Cybertron, High Moon and Activision said NOPE and it became a decent novel series. 3nodding
IDW has no good writers and the s**t artists they have only work on Transformers and Ghostbusters. Godzilla actually has decent art, but sadly...nobody can write him. He's either way too overpowered or the subplots go nowhere or they simply cut the fights out and go to a completely random location!

The problem with Dark Horse though are the artists. All the good ones are working on their own series and you're left with...leftovers, the artists who just never got their chance for an obvious reason. Storywise, the Dark Horse comics are decent. The only one I disliked was the Illusive Man one was because that read like bad fanfiction.

*snip*
OF COURSE MARVEL IS HANDLING HALO, THEY GOT TO 'EM FIRST AND MARVEL CAN'T DO TWO VIDEO GAME-BASED COMICS

tbh, I am not too happy with the way that Marvel is going atm, retconing ALL OF THEIR BEST SHITS LIKE SPIDER-MAN AND CAPTAIN AMERICA, but I'm not a big enough fan to really give a ********, I don't buy their comics etc. Also, I HATE the Wolverine re-design with the barely-there mask horns, that looks stupid as s**t imo. Also hate that Wolverine is in 90% of their s**t, but that's another story etc.

But yeah, IDW is the WORST EVER. But still, Dark Horse ******** s**t UP with this imo, apparently only because it's not their OWN s**t. Still glad someone else is handling the Cybertron s**t other than IDW, that s**t is pretty much canon at this point and at least it's getting a decent treatment. Hopefully not any more Go-Bots cameos in that mess etc.

Also, good job on cutting out spoilers for the people that give a s**t about it, some people tend to get pissed etc.
User Image
So let me see if I got this straight, Doc Dee. And I've censored it for viewer discretion.

Jessica Chobot, a popular reporter for IGN, ( is playing herself (more or less) as a war reporter... on the Normandy... and she's a romance option?) stressed stressed stressed

WHAT THE F*********K?!

I mean, there are plenty of celebrity voice actors who play both directly and subliminally important roles in the series thus far, but what the crap is this? Replace Kelly Chambers (an adorable, caring red head secretary) with an exact replica of a small-time icon (with the biggest rack in the game since Miranda) for geeked out fan boys to fap to? Seriously, Bioware. You're just trying too hard now.

Though it would have been cool if Olivia Munn was featured as a merc, or even Kasumi's half sister or something. Dammit, now I'm geeking out. sweatdrop

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Doc Dee
OF COURSE MARVEL IS HANDLING HALO, THEY GOT TO 'EM FIRST AND MARVEL CAN'T DO TWO VIDEO GAME-BASED COMICS

tbh, I am not too happy with the way that Marvel is going atm, retconing ALL OF THEIR BEST SHITS LIKE SPIDER-MAN AND CAPTAIN AMERICA, but I'm not a big enough fan to really give a ********, I don't buy their comics etc. Also, I HATE the Wolverine re-design with the barely-there mask horns, that looks stupid as s**t imo. Also hate that Wolverine is in 90% of their s**t, but that's another story etc.

But yeah, IDW is the WORST EVER. But still, Dark Horse ******** s**t UP with this imo, apparently only because it's not their OWN s**t. Still glad someone else is handling the Cybertron s**t other than IDW, that s**t is pretty much canon at this point and at least it's getting a decent treatment. Hopefully not any more Go-Bots cameos in that mess etc.

Also, good job on cutting out spoilers for the people that give a s**t about it, some people tend to get pissed etc.
User Image

The only thing Marvel retconned was Spider-Man, Hulk, and Taskmaster.

Luckily Dan Slott, the current writer for Spidey has been getting him back on track and at least undid most of the damages since his deal with Mephisto.

I can't say the same for the other 2. Those who write Taskmaster flip flop between his original powers and how he got them now. As for the Hulk...smh. He was getting back on track and then Red She Hulk turned out to be as strong as the World Breaker Hulk and that made no sense since she could barely compete with She Hulk and Wolverine!

But I digress, Jessica Chobot's bit in ME3? Sounds like bad fan service. I didn't want to touch her at E3 or PAX, I don't want to touch her now. Hopefully I'll get the option to kick her off or punch her in the face.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
I don't mean to double post, but could someone send me all the official trailers to ME3.

Pre-Orders, special forces, multiplayer, voice actors, etc. I'm looking to put together a DVD for my friend's gamestop for the midnight.

In return this: CF: Massively Effective

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Yes, Jessica PSP-Licker Chobot gets to be in the same game as Martin Sheen and KEITH ******** DAVID. Apparently though, you can ask her to leave, all her character does is try to increase recruitment for the Alliance (by showing that we HAVE A CHANCE against the Reapers). Which might explain that "uniform" of hers. (And you only get to ******** her if you haven't romanced anyone else, she doesn't want to incur the wrath of someone who kills on a regular basis etc.) Might not be too bad. Also, does anyone else think the character looks less like Jessica Chobot and more like Jessica Chobot having an allergic reaction to shellfish, or is it just me?

Also, has anyone played the DA2 DLC starring Felicia Day? Did that end up being terrible?
Doc Dee
Yes, Jessica PSP-Licker Chobot gets to be in the same game as Martin Sheen and KEITH ******** DAVID. Apparently though, you can ask her to leave, all her character does is try to increase recruitment for the Alliance (*snip*). Which might explain that "uniform" of hers. (*snip*) Might not be too bad. Also, does anyone else think the character looks less like Jessica Chobot and more like Jessica Chobot having an allergic reaction to shellfish, or is it just me?

Also, has anyone played the DA2 DLC starring Felicia Day? Did that end up being terrible?

Ugh! Why do I want to throw up so badly? And yes, she does look terrible from the in-game footage released thus far.
Well, I guess if players want a good ending, they can't just punch her or blow her off. But what's the likelihood that players have opted to not romance anyone at this point?

And from what I hear, the Felicia Day DLC has done really well as far as character and story/gameplay.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Doc Dee
Yes, Jessica PSP-Licker Chobot gets to be in the same game as Martin Sheen and KEITH ******** DAVID. Apparently though, you can ask her to leave, all her character does is try to increase recruitment for the Alliance (by showing that we HAVE A CHANCE against the Reapers). Which might explain that "uniform" of hers. (And you only get to ******** her if you haven't romanced anyone else, she doesn't want to incur the wrath of someone who kills on a regular basis etc.) Might not be too bad. Also, does anyone else think the character looks less like Jessica Chobot and more like Jessica Chobot having an allergic reaction to shellfish, or is it just me?

So let me get this straight. If I keep onboard, recruitment chances increase. If I throw her off into the vast emptiness of space, those chances go down.

******** you BioWare. I'm Commander ******** Shepard! I traversed half way across the Galaxy to bring Saren justice, I died and came 2yrs later to seek my revenge against the Collectors, I told the Illusive Man to go ******** himself and stole his ship, my crew respects me because they joined me and are all alive while those who opposed dead, I tapped dat a** on not only Miranda but Ashley as well, I killed the damn Shadow Broker and my former crew mate IS the Shadow Broker! I don't need no shellfish swollen Jessica Chobot to increase recruitment just because she needs the money. b***h can't act, so not including her in the game would be doing the Universe another favor aside from stopping the Reaper threat.

In other words, BioWare, chill the ******** out on Jessica Chobot. I GOT THIS!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff