Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Prophet

Hayaba
Take it from a GS God.. CUT... THE.... TAIL.... If a monster dies and it's tail is intact, get a new weapon. That's about it.

XD I'm not sure if that's actually advice but damn it it bugs me when that tail is still on.

But as others have said, practice is the way to go. It's awesome when you can just do something successfully without putting much thought into the process. E.G. Block when you think you're boned, put weapon away and run like little girl, go balls deep when the opportunity presents itself. Playing smart is a massive part when it comes to being a blademaster, imo ^-^

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
The obvious reason is to upgrade the great sword to its optimal state.

Other than that: Start charging the great sword when the monster is facing away from you and release the great sword when the monster is facing you.

You can press R button the block incoming projectiles or attacks. If your weapon is sheathed, you can press R button and B Button to block projectile and attacks when the weapon is sheathed.

I'm not sure which Monster Hunter game you have. But the new game Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate displays you the button inputs to pull off all the moves for the Great Sword in the "Hunter Notes" section when you pull up the menu.

Tipsy Prophet

Kafkaesquire
MetoFukuChan
Playing smart is a massive part when it comes to being a blademaster, imo ^-^

It's a part of virtually every game.

Eh, there's more thought needed in MH than in most games :
I suppose that's my bad for phrasing it in the most derpy and vague way possible xD

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Kafkaesquire
MetoFukuChan

Not really. It's more about learning patterns than being able to think. If anything requires thought it's being a gunner considering how many different ammunition types there are.

I may have ******** up in that regard.

My current bowgun allows more ammo than my gunner's pouch can fit. I basically have to sort by the monster we're hunting, which keeps my teammates waiting. gonk

Tipsy Prophet

Kafkaesquire
MetoFukuChan

Not really. It's more about learning patterns than being able to think. If anything requires thought it's being a gunner considering how many different ammunition types there are.

Learning patterns requires thought though >_<
And meh, gunners have set ammo limitations. Doesn't take much thought.

Tipsy Prophet

Kafkaesquire
MetoFukuChan
And meh, gunners have set ammo limitations. Doesn't take much thought.

That right there is proof you've never used one.

Oops just realized that sounded way more douchey than I meant it to.

Anyway, I HAVE played gunner >_> but I don't prefer it. Do they not each use different type of ammo?

Aged Gaian

i've been thinking about trying out the GS myself, and i've sadly been using the charge blade for maybe half the caravan missions and i feel like i've been using it as a crutch just because it's so overpowered. i've been a LS user for years and i want to use something more challenging but the speed of the GS is intimdiating. are battles any longer than they would be with other weapons? i mean the GS is powerful but it really depends on how many hits i get in

Tipsy Prophet

Kafkaesquire
MetoFukuChan

They do. Which is why it requires more thought than simply equipping a melee weapon and wildly swinging it around everywhere. Not every type of ammunition affects monsters the same way and knowing the difference of when to use Pierce S versus Pellet S is what ultimately determines whether you kill a monster in a timely manner or not at all.

Ah, I see, I see. And while I appreciate the interesting tip, this thread is about GS and shouldn't be derailed more sweatdrop

Either way it's not just wildly swinging... *grumble grumble*

emotion_yatta

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas