Link 0.60015669887699 60.0% [ 6894 ]
Sora 0.39984330112301 40.0% [ 4593 ]
Total Votes:[ 11487 ]

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Vampiric_Urges
Elitist Tokoro
Once More.
Quote:
It allows the character to survive a fatal attack and leave themselves with one HP. The character must take damage while they are still knocked down in order for the ability to continue. If the character is hit when they have regained balance after one HP, they will die.

In short, if Sora is affected by Thunder by any sort of knockback or knockdown (which you seem to believe based on your insistence that it would interrupt Dodge Roll), then if Link casts it again BEFORE Sora has regained his balance, it will count as part of a combo.

And since you seem to think he'd spam it so fast that Sora couldn't do anything... that means he'd be casting it again before Sora could regain his balance.
Which makes him immune to the second hit.

If Sora was knocked back or knocked down, why would Link bother casting it again until Sora got up/recovered showing Link that he had survived his one hit kill.
If Sora was not knocked down or knocked back, like you seem to assume based on your posts of him Dodge Rolling immediately after getting hit with Thunder, then he could simply cast it twice in quick succession, not allowing Once More to take effect. Though this is unlikely as Link would not have a reason to cast it twice in quick succession.
Also, I am still waiting one what Sora would do after Dodge Rolling or why he wouldn't just heal himself instead of dodging and attack he cant see or predict.
Answer your own question.
You're the one that's claiming that he'd spam it back to back before Sora has a chance to recover.
Don't make claims that you think don't make sense.
Mystic Deadman

Using a Wiki as the base of evidence?
Not a good idea.
Find something more solid, please.

While playing the game, I frequently got knocked out of combo sequences while fighting bosses and normal enemies, specifically the Berserker nobodies.
Don't you think the game would be really easy if any combo you started could not be stopped or prevented? Don't get me wrong, the game it pretty easy, but not that easy.

Quote:
Wonderful. Prove Link's a boss.

No need, normal enemies can do it too. I am not going to waste my time looking for a video of one of Sora's combos getting disrupted when this is something that just about anyone who has played the game has experienced first had. Play the game, it'll happen.
Quote:
Wonderful. Prove a non-boss being hit by Sora can interrupt his combos.

See above.
Quote:
I can if it seems evident that you're not reading the definition as a whole and my explanation as to how Sora's magic doesn't qualify seeing as how there's a window between his castings during which he can be attacked.
You're disregarding the very definition of a combo simply because you can't prove it wrong, it seems.

Actually, it would seem that I have provided evidence as to that definition does not apply to the Kingdom Hearts univers and therefore should be disregarded in this matchup. In fact, as I have stated previously, Link has combo attacks in some of his games, and those can be disrupted by enemies too. That definition is not wrong, it just does not apply here. As you even stated, the definition is supported by many genres, but not all.

And that is all for me tonight. I may pick this back up tomorrow and retry replying to the retconned exapost. Goodnight everybody, sweet dreams.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Vampiric_Urges
No need, normal enemies can do it too. I am not going to waste my time looking for a video of one of Sora's combos getting disrupted when this is something that just about anyone who has played the game has experienced first had. Play the game, it'll happen.

Hang on, I'll get on Karasu Wright to make this even more epic.
Vampiric_Urges

Ahem.
User Image

User Image
There is a glaring contradiction in your argument!
Right here, you say that normal enemies can interrupt Sora and that is proof that Link could do it too.
However, this directly contradicts your previous testimony!

User Image

User Image
Vampiric_Urges
you are using parties and individuals who are not included in the debate. As I said previously, if you want to debate the capabilities of Link and Sora's enemies, then make a thread for it.

User Image
As you can clearly see, you claim that your proof that Link could interrupt Sora's combos is because normal enemies can do so.
However, according to your own testimony earlier, you are using parties and individuals not included in this debate. By your own argument, what Sora's enemies can do to Sora is completely irrelevant and cannot be used as evidence here, because they aren't a part of this fight.

User Image
"If you want to debate the capabilities of Sora's enemies, make a thread for it."
Care to explain this gross contradiction in your own argument?

Dangerous Prophet

6,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Vampiric_Urges
Mystic Deadman

Using a Wiki as the base of evidence?
Not a good idea.
Find something more solid, please.

While playing the game, I frequently got knocked out of combo sequences while fighting bosses and normal enemies, specifically the Berserker nobodies.
Don't you think the game would be really easy if any combo you started could not be stopped or prevented? Don't get me wrong, the game it pretty easy, but not that easy.

Quote:
Wonderful. Prove Link's a boss.

Quote:
Wonderful. Prove a non-boss being hit by Sora can interrupt his combos.

See above.
Quote:
I can if it seems evident that you're not reading the definition as a whole and my explanation as to how Sora's magic doesn't qualify seeing as how there's a window between his castings during which he can be attacked.
You're disregarding the very definition of a combo simply because you can't prove it wrong, it seems.

Actually, it would seem that I have provided evidence as to that definition does not apply to the Kingdom Hearts univers and therefore should be disregarded in this matchup. In fact, as I have stated previously, Link has combo attacks in some of his games, and those can be disrupted by enemies too. That definition is not wrong, it just does not apply here. As you even stated, the definition is supported by many genres, but not all.

And that is all for me tonight. I may pick this back up tomorrow and retry replying to the retconned exapost. Goodnight everybody, sweet dreams.
You now see dead people.

And, seeing as how you did not come up with valid responses to my requests, any of them, I can now consider your posts safely ignored.

1. Telling me your experience does nothing to prove your point. I could tell you that I played through Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories, Re: Chain of Memories, and II without taking a single hit in any of them, but unless I have something solid to support my statement, it can be safely taken as false.

Which, in this case, it would be. Never did that in my life.

2. You completely ignored the fact that I asked you to prove that a non-boss enemy being hit by Sora, note the stipulations since Link would qualify as that, could interrupt Sora's combos.
I've never been interrupted by a non-boss enemy while unloading a combo on them.
Enemies that Sora wasn't concentrating on, sure.
Never ones that he was.

3. It does in Sora's case because he can safely combo a non-boss enemy without worrying about being interrupted by said enemy.

And this particular genre of gaming does support the combo definition.

Until you, and only you, can come up with solid evidence that meets the stipulations that I'm requesting, your posts can be safely ignored.

I'm right here after all...

Dapper Conventioneer

7,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Flatterer 200
Karasu Wright

User Image
"If you want to debate the capabilities of Sora's enemies, make a thread for it."
Care to explain this gross contradiction in your own argument?

AND without debating the capabilities of enemies COMPARED to Sora/ Link that they have actually FOUGHT, we have no frame of reference for how the two would fight EACH OTHER. If we don't work off of in-game fights, this battle is all theory and speculation, and no one will ever win. Altough, having gone for over 1600 pages, an accepted victor at this point is doubtful as well.

6,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
Hey, Twilight, I have a question.

If you don't think this thread will ever be decided or have a victor, why are you bumping it?

Dapper Conventioneer

7,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Flatterer 200
Two reasons:

1. I enjoy watching people debate... anything. Religion, politics... What Video game character would win in a fight.

and

2. I'm bored.

Familiar Conversationalist

twilight crucifix
Two reasons:

1. I enjoy watching people debate... anything. Religion, politics... What Video game character would win in a fight.

and

2. I'm bored.
So... you're trolling?

6,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
twilight crucifix
Two reasons:

and

2. I'm bored.

uhuh.

Go to Extended Discussion and Lifestyle discussion.

It's a lot better suited for that.

Stop bumping this thread, it's irritating and stupid.
twilight crucifix
Two reasons:

and

2. I'm bored.

So you're trolling then.

If you're so interested in debate, why don't you pick new threads, instead of bumping ones that are well past their due date. It's getting really damn old.
twilight crucifix
Two reasons:

and

2. I'm bored.

If you enjoy seeing people debate go to another thread or the ED or something.

This thread has been beaten to death and you constantly bumping it up your own amusement could be considered spamming.

Dapper Conventioneer

7,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Flatterer 200
*puts hands up* Alright, alright. I was considering leaving soon anyway, but I stuck around because the topic interested me, I enjoyed seeing the debates, and no one complained that I stayed around. I am not, however, totally unreasonable. See ya'll later, maybe.

Twilight Crucifix out.
Rorschach Skeiver
twilight crucifix
Two reasons:

and

2. I'm bored.

uhuh.

Go to Extended Discussion and Lifestyle discussion.

It's a lot better suited for that.

Stop bumping this thread, it's irritating and stupid.

BUMP ninja ninja ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces