Link 0.60015669887699 60.0% [ 6894 ]
Sora 0.39984330112301 40.0% [ 4593 ]
Total Votes:[ 11487 ]

Familiar Conversationalist

JohnnyBro712
I mean it looks like a toy.
In your opinion.
Quote:
Also, I guess I am a bit biased but frankly, putting favoritism aside, both swords look rather like toys to me, just an opinion by the way.
Which then defeats the purpose of making the original statement in the first place.

Fashionable Kitten

3,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Shaozin
Plus think about it on KHI Leon kicks your a$$ when you first meet him lol

Actually it is possible to beat Leon in that fight, I've done it before. In the cutscene afterward Sora faints from exhaustion rather than being defeated.

But anyway, this has be done over and over and over again, I'm really getting tired of seeing it all the time. Half of everyone's arguments are based out of the fact that Sora is popular but Link is time-honored. In that case, they really aren't comparable, I'd rather see them fighting side-by-side than against each other! 4laugh heart

2,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Kiriko_Asakura
Shaozin
Plus think about it on KHI Leon kicks your a$$ when you first meet him lol

Actually it is possible to beat Leon in that fight, I've done it before. In the cutscene afterward Sora faints from exhaustion rather than being defeated.

But anyway, this has be done over and over and over again, I'm really getting tired of seeing it all the time. Half of everyone's arguments are based out of the fact that Sora is popular but Link is time-honored. In that case, they really aren't comparable, I'd rather see them fighting side-by-side than against each other! 4laugh heart

:nods: too true. this is a dispute comparing an item user to a sword technique user, but thats as far as i know.
Well, due to the fighting style in Zelda games (the routine of exposing the weak spot and inflicting the damage, then making one finishing blow) you always beat the final boss in some sort of dues ex machina type thingy. The gods are always there to use their true power in the last minute/Zelda uses her light arrows.
In Kingdom Hearts, you beat the final boss by repaetedly slashing with the Keyblade (in CoM you keep using cards) There was no almighty being to save Sora like there was to save Link.

Just think if Link didn't have the gods... (and Im sure I am merely reiterating this point) he would most likely lose.

However, I must agree with Kiriko_Asakura. Sora and Link fighting together--THAT is a kickass team!

Malevolent Phantom

Right, because at the end of most of the LoZ games the Godesses come in and save the day. Perhaps in some of the newer ones, but not in most of the games. In fact, with the way the last fight in OoT was going, Zelda didn't really need to assist Link. He could have just kept going until Ganon fell from the Master Sword.

Now, to go of off the games you are thinking about. I assume WW? The light arrow was from Link's aresenal.

In MM, Link had help from only the Goddess of Time, and only to go back in time. No help at all in the last battle with Majora's Mask/Incarnation/Wrath.

In PH Link saved the God of the Sea from certain doom at the hands of a creature that could almost kill the God of the Sea.

In Twilight Princess, the Godesses didn't even appear or lend any assistance at all. The only point that could stem from their power would be the mark of the Triforce, but Ganon had it too, so Link didn't have an advantage.

Did I miss any of the games you have played? I think I covered what most people veiw as the LoZ, since the old ones are heavily overlooked these days.
Ryokami
Well, due to the fighting style in Zelda games (the routine of exposing the weak spot and inflicting the damage, then making one finishing blow) you always beat the final boss in some sort of dues ex machina type thingy. The gods are always there to use their true power in the last minute/Zelda uses her light arrows.
In Kingdom Hearts, you beat the final boss by repaetedly slashing with the Keyblade (in CoM you keep using cards) There was no almighty being to save Sora like there was to save Link.

Just think if Link didn't have the gods... (and Im sure I am merely reiterating this point) he would most likely lose.

However, I must agree with Kiriko_Asakura. Sora and Link fighting together--THAT is a kickass team!

User Image

User Image
In Legend of Zelda, Link deals the killing blow in a solo fight.
In Adventure of Link, Link deals the final blow in a solo fight.
In Link to the Past, Link deals the final blow in a solo fight.
In Link's Awakening, Link deals the killing blow in a solo fight.
In Ocarina of Time, Link deals the final blow at the end of a fight in which he doesn't need help.
In Majora's Mask, Link deals the final blow in a solo fight.
In Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Link deals the final blow in a solo fight.

Notice a trend here? Such as the significant lack of "always beating the final boss in some sort of deus ex machina type thingy"?

User Image
Sorry kiddo, but just because in a COUPLE games Link gets some help during the fight, that doesn't make it always.
Karasu Gekido
Ryokami

User Image

User Image
In Legend of Zelda, Link deals the killing blow in a solo fight.
In Adventure of Link, Link deals the final blow in a solo fight.
In Link to the Past, Link deals the final blow in a solo fight.
In Link's Awakening, Link deals the killing blow in a solo fight.
In Ocarina of Time, Link deals the final blow at the end of a fight in which he doesn't need help.
In Majora's Mask, Link deals the final blow in a solo fight.
In Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Link deals the final blow in a solo fight.

Notice a trend here? Such as the significant lack of "always beating the final boss in some sort of deus ex machina type thingy"?

User Image
Sorry kiddo, but just because in a COUPLE games Link gets some help during the fight, that doesn't make it always.

Oh, you are absolutely right. You know, I haven't even played every Zelda game. Not the older ones. My apologies for not having sufficient enough gaming experience to back up my point...

But I just remembered something--Sora's keyblade is given a power that can be considered godlike, just as Link's Master Sword has godlike powers. (Remember, Sora couldn't defeat a heartless or nobody without its power, just like th Master Sword has the power to ward off evil). Take their magic and blessed weaponry away, and then what?

By the way, which Link are we talking about, anyway?
Link...no question

Sora has a keyblade while Link has the Master Sword
..really
Ryokami

Oh, you are absolutely right. You know, I haven't even played every Zelda game. Not the older ones. My apologies for not having sufficient enough gaming experience to back up my point...

Thats doesn't excuse poor research. Zelda Wiki has pretty much everything from every Zelda all on one site.
Quote:
But I just remembered something--Sora's keyblade is given a power that can be considered godlike, just as Link's Master Sword has godlike powers. (Remember, Sora couldn't defeat a heartless or nobody without its power, just like th Master Sword has the power to ward off evil). Take their magic and blessed weaponry away, and then what?

If you take away their Magical and Devine weapons you end up with this for Link.
LoZ + LAd: He can still shoot sword shape projectiles from his sword, which is either Wooden, White or Magical (he doesn't get the Master Sword) and all of his equipment. Pretty much he just looses his LA spells and thats it.
Lttp + LAw: He looses his most powerful sword (Master Sword), his three magic medallions, the cape, rods, and canes, maybe the hammer. He still has the SeaShell Sword and most of his equipment.
OoT + MM: He looses his three spells, his magic arrows, the powered up spin attack, and the Master Sword. He still has the rest of his equipment and more powerful swords.
Oracles: He looses the Master Sword, the Rod of Seasons, Harp of Ages, and the Cane of Somaria. Everything else is still fair game.
FS + FSA: He looses the same spells and rods most of the other Links loose. Most of his equipment is intact though. The Four Sword is a maybe.
Minish Cap: He looses Light Arrows, Magic Boomerang, and maybe the Four Sword. Thats all.
WW + PH: A few type of arrows, magic armor, Master Sword, Deku Leaf, and the Hurricane Spin attack. Everything else is good.
TP: Master Sword, Dominion Rod, Magic Armor. He looses the least.

If Sora looses the Keyblade and his Magic then he doesn't really have anything except a wooden sword he can swing around ineffectively.
Link (each and every one of them) retains most of his equipment, most of his swords, and for the most part is relitively unhindered by this massive handicap.

Sora is a hero because of he is one of the few who can weild a blade of increadible power. Link is a hero who happens to weild a blade of increadible power; his magics and his magical/devine blades are not his only tool and he is still an effective fighter and compatent hero without them. Oracles Link and TP Link are both decent unarmed fighters as a matter of fact.
Quote:

No one really knows.

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
You're all aware that you're discussing of 2 characters who have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with each other. Even if the two companies put them together, it would be up to them on who would win. I would guess that they would flip a coin because EACH COMPETITOR HAS UNIQUE ABILITIES THAT COULD OVERPOWER THE OTHER! It doesn't even matter. GET OVER IT

Lord Sigmund
You're all aware that you're discussing of 2 characters who have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with each other. Even if the two companies put them together, it would be up to them on who would win. I would guess that they would flip a coin because EACH COMPETITOR HAS UNIQUE ABILITIES THAT COULD OVERPOWER THE OTHER! It doesn't even matter. GET OVER IT
Heh.

Loki's wager fallacy; ignored.

Malevolent Phantom

Defibulator
BUZZAP!!!
Ryokami

User Image
Take their magic and blessed weaponry away, and then what?

User Image
Well, simple. Then you'd have an unarmed Sora (or at his best state, possibly with a wooden stick in vague sword shape) against a Link that has, at barest minimum, a full-fledged sword which appears to shoot beams, but is apparently just him throwing his sword, and a shield. I am, of course, referring to Adventure of Link, in which his arsenal consists of the single sword (which isn't the Master Sword) and his magic, outside of non-combat items like the flute and hammer.
In most cases though, Link would still at least have a bow and arrows, bombs, his sword and shield, a boomerang, and a few other random items that aren't magical.

User Image
As for which Link, as the first post says, a single character from a single game. In other words, no specific Link, but no combination of Links either.

2,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
OBJECTION, even if sora was to be disarmed of his keyblade, he would still have an impressive arsenal of magical attacks.

Jim DA
OBJECTION, even if sora was to be disarmed of his keyblade, he would still have an impressive arsenal of magical attacks.
Counter-OBJECTION.

You didn't read what he was responding to as a hypothetical.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff