Welcome to Gaia! ::

haii haii everyone :3
I thought it would be interesting to hear your stories how you al got into gaming. It would also be interesting to hear what kind of games you all play now.

well I shall start of with my story.

I was about 8-9 years old i guess... and it was a new school year and there was this girl (who's also a gamer) in my class who was also living in my neighborhood. I never actually talked to her until we were sitting at the same table at our class. We became very close friends and one day I went to her house and her sister was playing "final fantasy 10-2" on her playstation 2 at first I didn't really pay attention to the game because I thought it was a bit silly. So my friend and I were just playing around upstairs and when we came down to have some snacks on the couch we just sat there watching the game.

I really enjoyed watching the game because at one point the main character "Yuna" started to sing and I thought that was pretty. Then her sister asked if I would like to play on the playstation. At first I refused because I was scared to screw up but she then set another game in the console and insisted me to play.

So giving me not to many choice I took the controller and started to play the game "Kingdom hearts". I really liked the game because of all those disney characters. XD I think we played for hours and every time I had a boss fight I would give the controller to my friend so she could defeat it.

So that's how I pretty much started playing games. Now these days I play games like Kingdom hearts and final fantasy. But also Assassin's creed, heavy rain ( such a touching story D: ), katamari and many many more. I even try to play battlefield 3 (at my cousin's house) and gosh I do stink at that game crying I guess I am just not meant to play games like that. x_x

and now let me hear your stories on how you all became gamers =D

Eloquent Conversationalist

10,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
It started with a gameboy and metroid two... It's never stopped
Never really became an obsession until I played final fantasy... I always wanted to get stronger than my older sister, then street fighter... I always wanted to beat her, so she could be proud of me after all the times I screamed at bison and akuma for cheating! Shed just trip them to death, hand it back and smile.

I don't play as much as I used to... I like co-op games really... But no one to play with.

Timid Prophet

It all started when I was 7 or 8 and my neighbor who was a close friend of my dad had a NES and of all games he had Mario bros.3 and pretty much from then I became a fan of platformers and co-op beat them up arcade games anythng.

Rhine Elmao's Waifu

Extreme Garbage

I don't really know, ha ha. I've been playing for as long as I can remember.

When I was like... 4-5, my aunt had an Atari that I played with my cousins. Their next door neighbour had a SNES (which was a HUGE deal back then because it was brand spankin' new), so we'd often go over there to play Mario with him.

Eventually, we all got our own SNES's and then moved onto the N64. Then I got a PS2, and the rest is sort of history. The PS2 really got me into gaming. Sure, you couldn't pull me away from the SNES, but I only ever played Bubsy and Mario. I didn't start playing different games until I got my PS2.

These days, I'm all over the 360 and DS, but I still fire up my PS2 (the one I got all those years ago!) every so often. xD
with me it started with a super nintendo and super mario world, I still have my SNES and that game
Xedhadeaus
It started with a gameboy and metroid two... It's never stopped
Never really became an obsession until I played final fantasy... I always wanted to get stronger than my older sister, then street fighter... I always wanted to beat her, so she could be proud of me after all the times I screamed at bison and akuma for cheating! Shed just trip them to death, hand it back and smile.

I don't play as much as I used to... I like co-op games really... But no one to play with.

LOL xD I have the same thing with final fantasy 13 my friend, cousin and I bought the game pretty much when it released and we were all like "yea I will beat the game and get all trophies before you guys all do." So it really pumped us up to play the game competitively but eventually my cousin finished the game and got all trophies way before my friend and I could.
We now try to compete each other in assassin's creed revelations which I am no good at x_x

Blessed Duelist

My mother, before I came along, was Originally a gamer.

supposedly when I was younger than I could remember, I drove her mad enough that she's stopped gaming ever since.
well, she still plays "Tetris" style games, but she used to play Mario or Zelda before I "stole her will to play games"
supposedly that's where my gaming started. before I could remember.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWee yea ra enne ar sar. Wee yea ra enne ar dor
Wee yea ra enne ar ciel. Rrha yea ra ieeya en near

My mother liked to play Super Mario Bros, Tetris and Dr. Mario on the NES we had before I was able to play games.

Around the 4-6 year area I started playing games with her.

Dangerous Loiterer

Mum bought me — well, I say 'me', but it was mostly hers and I just used it — an old Game Boy
    when I was five years old with Super Mario Land and Dr. Mario.

Lightbringer

Both my brothers were avid gamers. When I was really young I couldn't play them very well, so I would just watch them and help them navigate games they played already (I had a surprisingly good memory when it came to games). As I grew older and my reflexes began to develop properly, I just started playing anything they played (since I already knew what to do). The rest is history after that.

Dapper Bear

It started out with a Sega and an SNES, if I remember right. I remember playing TJ&E/Primal RAGE/EarthWorm Jim 1+2, and Super Godzilla the most, and Yoshi's Island, respectively.

Never really stopped since then, still have those systems (three of the former, two of the later), and still play them on occasion.
(( When I was very little, I'd watch my dad play Donkey Kong Country and DOOM on the SNES. I got a little older, and started playing DKC myself, as well as a few other SNES games that my cousin had.

It wasn't until we got a PS1 and a demo disc with a demo of Spyro the Dragon on it that I really started to get into gaming.

Holy s**t I played the ******** out of that demo. I was ecstatic when I got the full game for Christmas.

So yeah. Spyro is the reason I'm a gamer. ))
D: all of you have such cool parents.
My parents never play games x_x would be nice to play games with them if I had no one to play with. >.< Although my mom does play games when it's something like "singstar" but then I don't feel like playing anymore because she sounds very awful when she sings.

Wealthy Bunny

11,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xxxxx I'm not a hardcore gamer, first off, but I've played Nintendo since I could hold a controller I suppose, beat Kirby at the age of three according to my mother, and continued to play Nintendo games through out my childhood and still do occasionally today.

But to be honest, I only play Pokemon and the occasional Zelda, Mario or survival horror now. These days I prefer to watch others play games instead of playing them myself :T
                      User Image

5,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
It all started on the SNES the first game was "Super Mario World" I played that game forever basically, then I started to play Donkey Kong Country, Killer Instinct and LoZ: A Link to the Past

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff