Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Gaian

6,750 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
What do you think about selling games to gamestop?
Bad or good?
Should I or should I not? that is the question blaugh

Anxious Kitten

I sell mine on eBay. You're almost guaranteed to make more cash there than at Gamestop.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Wall Street 200
I haven't traded in games since getting a job. Screw Gamestop.
Ebay or Amazon are better.

Friendly Gaian

6,750 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
Thanks for the advice everyone!
I just have a lot of old games I didn't like that I never play and figured I should get something for them. I will look into selling on ebay.
Trading games/systems into GameStop on any regular day has always been a dumb idea.

But they did switch up their trade-in policies so you get 20% more in credit instead of "10 different prices for a game." they dropped it down to '4'.

If you had purchased anything from them during the Summer Sale you would have ended up with multiple 50% more trade-in credit coupons. The same goes for B2G1 Free coupons.

Depending on how old the games are you probably won't even get much for them on Amazon or Ebay. Unless you actually have some 'rare' or 'collectable' games.

Friendly Gaian

6,750 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
Akaru Renuji
Trading games/systems into GameStop on any regular day has always been a dumb idea.

But they did switch up their trade-in policies so you get 20% more in credit instead of "10 different prices for a game." they dropped it down to '4'.

If you had purchased anything from them during the Summer Sale you would have ended up with multiple 50% more trade-in credit coupons. The same goes for B2G1 Free coupons.

Depending on how old the games are you probably won't even get much for them on Amazon or Ebay. Unless you actually have some 'rare' or 'collectable' games.

That's what I was thinking that I wouldn't get much because they are games like, need for speed, naruto clash of the ninja, avatar last airbender game etc. So I figured they weren't worth much so was thinking gamestop why not lol.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Miss Mary Muffet
I sell mine on eBay. You're almost guaranteed to make more cash there than at Gamestop.
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

Between ebay fees, paypal fees, and any potential shipping problems, I've found it's easier in just about every aspect to just sell the games to GameStop or a local used game store if it's older games I'm trying to get rid of.
Gh4stly
Terrible idea. Always has been. If you are desperate for money then get a job. If you want to get rid of your games for whatever reason, give them away.

Why when I can get some credit on them? No sense in that.

Distinct Raider

Mir Teiwaz
Miss Mary Muffet
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

Between ebay fees, paypal fees, and any potential shipping problems, I've found it's easier in just about every aspect to just sell the games to GameStop or a local used game store if it's older games I'm trying to get rid of.
I find if you really wanted to sell a game, using something like craigslist to sell it is easily the most profitable since you can save on paypal fees and worst case you spend a little gas to meet them somewhere.
Don't sell to Gamestop unless you enjoy being ripped off.
YUSUKE URAMESHl
Don't sell to Gamestop unless you enjoy being ripped off.

Where else would she go?

It doesn't sound like Ebay or Amazon would give her much for her "old" games which aren't at all that collectible and/or rare. Between ebay fees, paypal fees, and any potential shipping problems she'd probably see more from GameStop.

The only other place is Craigslist if she's willing to do it that way.

As I also pointed out they changed their trade-in policies: "But they did switch up their trade-in policies so you get 20% more in credit instead of "10 different prices for a game." they dropped it down to '4'."

The only time I've ever seen GameStop rip-off people is when they have no idea that they can say "No" and not take what they end up getting. That's when it's on the consumer for lack of knowledge.

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
Man, don't do it! I did when money was tight and I hate myself for it! I used to think it was okay because cartridge batteries eventually die, right? But then I learned how to replace the batteries and there's no way to go back in time and stop myself from my terrible mistake! gonk

Aged Gawker

I gave them a game once, all they gave me was 50 cents. And it wassnt even opened yet AND I gave them the strategy guide with it and still only got 50 cents for it.

Dapper Spotter

As many others have said, it's not a particularly good idea.

Unless there's some sort of promotion for trading in certain games, you won't get hardly anything for trade ins, especially for older titles. It's not worth it and you can make more money selling it online.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff