Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Friend

I want this.

i-sexii-nerd-boii rolled 12 4-sided dice: 4, 2, 1, 2, 4, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 3 Total: 26 (12-48)

3,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
drink the liquid in the vaul and oh yeah dont under etamate the power of the handicap

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Stress Reliever
Sai-kun
And nowhere did I say that cash users had to support free users. Free users support the site by just COMING to it, signing in when they do, enjoying the content and providing their patronization. A site with no hits is no site at all. The advertisers and promoters will no longer come. It's all about the users, free and paid alike.

I have bought WELL OVER $1,000 in Gaia Cash Cards just in FOUR MONTHS alone.... I have NO CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS & will NEVER own one!

So I am NEVER gana be treated the same as a lil $10 a month spender?!
Where is my discount?
My free-bees?

You, Gaia, make it okay to scam your clients just for the basic fact that you have it in your TOS to BAN ANYONE FOR ANY REASON!

So Gaia can get a bigger revenue just for us signing on? Is this why account holders get banned?
"We" make a new account to contest a ban & WHALLA! There you have yet another new client!

My accounts got banned just for receiving gifts for items I was just being paid back for!

That is pretty much stealing, especially if there is still real currency on the account!
How will that be handled for a Banned Auto-Paying account holder?
It won't... may just say you share the same IP address as the hacker or gifts ended up in your account (EVEN if you ONLY bought from the market place!)

On top of it all you, Gaia, expect minors to use credit cards when in fact OVER 3/4 of your account holders are not old enough to use the feature, thus they buy Cash Cards with NO DISCOUNTS.....

Your timing & means of financial gain are an epic fail!
*Especially since you get ratings just for us, account holders, signing on pirate

I'm sorry for your situation, but I dont think there's much the Gaia admin can do to in safe conscience to allow your account to be returned to the site.

From what I read, since it's your IP that is associated with the hacking, someone in your household with access to your computers is doing some shady things.

It's as of now impossible to cut off the access of that IP to the site without influencing the accounts associated with that IP.

They didn't ban you for "no reason" which is something a lot of angry users like to throw around. They gave you their reasons. Whether you believe them or not, whether you believe it's fair or the reason was correct is something you need to bring up with customer service.
It's very unfortunate you had to be wrapped into someone's fraudulent and unlawful behavior.
It sucks that people will use others in that way for their personal gain but that's human avarice for you.

The work to investigate a hack or scam case is not easy, the Admin work with the records they have. If they see evidence of fraudulent behavior such as gold or items obtained in unlawful ways and they see the accounts that are passing them back and forth? What are they to do? n** it in the bud or say "Ahhh...maybe we'll just let this one go because this person will get awfully angry at us..."?

No, there are no exceptions. TOS breaking behavior = consequences. It doesn't matter who is doing it, paid user or not.
I don't know further details of your situation so I can't make assumptions as to whether it was just because you came into possession of bad goods, but since an IP address was involved, it seems someone possibly near to you was the culprit. Additionally, your account may have been used for offsite advertising without you knowing. Many times after an account has been used fraudulently, the hacker or scammer will purposefully get the account banned by committing a rash of TOS-breaking activities across the site in order to get the site locked down. It covers their tracks, you know?
Sucks, but it happens. If you have more evidence of why your ban should be lifted, that's something you need to discuss again with customer service.

Additionally, with your comment about Gaia trying to get minors to use their credit cards.
In the U.S. where this function is currently only available, it is illegal for minors to possess credit cards unless as a secondary holder on a guardian's card. Minors cannot by law be entered into a legally binding contract which is what a credit card is.

Have you thought that with Autocash CURRENTLY (and not always, guys...the feature isn't even a month old yet) only being through credit card subscription, that Gaia is trying to prevent minors from signing up for an agreement that regularly debits money from them? Gaia doesn't WANT to tangle with the legal ramifications of that, I'm sure.

And frankly, in the U.S., until you're an adult, there are MANY MANY MANY privileges denied to you such as driving, drinking, smoking, financial and social rights etc. Being denied a Autocash and it's privileges kiiiiinnnnda pales in comparison as no big fat deal, don't you think?

If you want it that bad, wait until you're 18, get a credit card and sign up. Heck, by then Gaia will probably have rolled out ways you can subscribe using Paypal or Cash Cards anyway.

Once again. AUTOCASH. NOT EVEN A MONTH OLD. STILL IN PILOT PHASE. GAIA HAS STATED ITSELF THAT PAYPAL AND POSSIBLY OTHER METHODS OF SUBSCRIPTION ARE BEING WORKED ON.

PS. There are items to be had when you buy Cash Cards, did everyone forget? I have a crapton of crystal boxes rolling around underfoot that I can't get rid of. I have the cardinal items from Christmas, the exclusive and very desirable colored headphones are still a cash card exclusive. There were a slew of Aquarium items and companion items available exclusively through cash cards as well. How quickly we forget.

As for Autocash getting you into debt because it requires a credit card? Maybe you shouldn't be signing yourself up for Autocash...or hell...even owning a credit card if you can't pay off $10 a month. That's the minimum payment for most credit cards at the get go.
Debt is your fault, not Gaia's.

Fashionable Fox

18,000 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Threadmaster 200
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
Stress Reliever

I have bought WELL OVER $1,000 in Gaia Cash Cards just in FOUR MONTHS alone.... I have NO CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS & will NEVER own one!

So I am NEVER gana be treated the same as a lil $10 a month spender?!
Where is my discount?
My free-bees?

You, Gaia, make it okay to scam your clients just for the basic fact that you have it in your TOS to BAN ANYONE FOR ANY REASON!

So Gaia can get a bigger revenue just for us signing on? Is this why account holders get banned?
"We" make a new account to contest a ban & WHALLA! There you have yet another new client!

My accounts got banned just for receiving gifts for items I was just being paid back for giving my (thought he was) friend! How was I supposed to know IF he was hacking anyone?

That is pretty much stealing, especially if there is still real currency on the account!
How will that be handled for a Banned Auto-Paying account holder?
It won't... may just say you share the same IP address as the hacker or gifts ended up in your account (EVEN if you ONLY bought from the market place!)

On top of it all you, Gaia, expect minors to use credit cards when in fact OVER 3/4 of your account holders are not old enough to use the feature, thus they buy Cash Cards with NO DISCOUNTS.....

Your timing & means of financial gain are an epic fail!
*Especially since you get ratings just for us, account holders, signing on pirate

I love it how the argument of Gaia banning people for NO GOOD REASON, keeps cropping up here. Your argument is off topic, irrelevant, and I doubt everyone that has been banned for as you put it 'no good reason' are angels. However, this isn't the time or place to debate that, I'm sure there is another thread for people to discus whether Gaia is fairly or unfairly banning users. This, is not the place though. This is about autocash, so let's not chase that rabbit, okie day?

But enough about that, back to autocash. First off, you're acting like Gaia is forcing people to sign up, like they are making people over eighteen sign up for a credit card- making it have an interest they can't possibly pay off I might add. You're acting like Gaia is playing it's users for suckers, when in actually autocash is optional, currently only open to people who can make payments on a credit card. And really, unless you're are a loser who has no clue how credit works, I doubt $10 a month on credit will put you in the poor house. Usually, those who have credit cards have a job or some means to pay it off. And if they don't, well that's hardly Gaia's fault, that is the person who got the credit card.

And as for no discounts or freebies, Gaia Cash is technically a discount in of it's own. Could you imagine how expensive the current RIG items would be if we had to buy it all with gold? No option to buy the RIG to play it, instead it was granted to you via a random event, or had to pay for it with gold. It would be ridiculous and no one would be able to afford it with gold!

As for 'no freebies', please. You get free stuff with Gaia Cash all the time: see Sai-kun's post above for some examples.

Anyway, my point is, Autocash is an offer. Not a mandate. Not a 'scam'. It is simply another option for people to get good items. Gaia doesn't just run on happiness, sunshine, and Red Bull. It needs actual cash money to keep on keeping on.

Revered Punk

15,675 Points
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tycoon 200
Does anyone know if autocash debits an account at the beginning of the month, or on the day you signed up? Like i signed up on the 18th of september, come october, will my account be debited on the 1st, or the 18th of october?

Invisible Lover

Quick question. I have gotten the autocash but it doesnt look like anything in the cash shop is 10% off or does it come off when i actually buy something?

Revered Punk

15,675 Points
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tycoon 200
YukiDemon
Quick question. I have gotten the autocash but it doesnt look like anything in the cash shop is 10% off or does it come off when i actually buy something?

You get the discount when you buy.

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
i am still a little confused

Friendly Genius

7,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Nice, I'm happy you guy's are making new thing's on Gaia

Pretty Intense's Husband

Shirtless Rogue

14,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
I'm glad that there is progress being made on the gaia cash system, but I find it a bit disappointing that you are supporting holding onto people's identities for this. You are rewarding those who would go to the extent to reveal who they are on the internet and people who remain anonymous get nothing? If I were to buy a gaia cash card at a gas station every month, I would be getting less than someone who is giving away their numbers to get the 'same' amount of cash and a discount. This game is for 13 year olds and older. But some 13 year olds and olders don't have a credit card/paypal and like to remain discrete. I remember when gaia didn't require so much info to get perks in the game.

EDIT: If a 13 year old can get a hold of $25 to spend per three months to get a special offer item, I would like to know what kind of job they have because I can't afford something like that. The 10% discount PLUS extra cash added is what irks me. Don't feel like I said that straight forward enough

6,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
oka i sighned up for it in september..its now october when do i get this months cash??

Omnipresent Elder

37,250 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
User ImageLook buddy. I'm an engineer. That means, I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?"

I'm curious about this as well. I was under the impression that at the first of the month, $10 would be taken off of my card and turned into GCash. Obviously, that did not happen yesterday.

Is it every month on the day that you signed up or what?
That would fall within the purview of the conundrums of your philosophy. I solve practical problems.User Image
Squeak-aton
oka i sighned up for it in september..its now october when do i get this months cash??

You will get your next amount of gaia cash exactly a month after you signed up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff