Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Which types of notifications would you like to see most?

Friend posts a forum topic 0.049833887043189 5.0% [ 210 ]
Friend updates avatar/profile 0.036544850498339 3.7% [ 154 ]
I get a pm from someone 0.25272899857617 25.3% [ 1065 ]
Friend logs into site 0.21120075937352 21.1% [ 890 ]
Someone replies to my topic 0.17940199335548 17.9% [ 756 ]
Someone quotes me in forums 0.17370669197912 17.4% [ 732 ]
these alerts are annoying, I don't need them 0.096582819174181 9.7% [ 407 ]
Total Votes:[ 4214 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 50 51 52 > >>

This is an interesting idea. However, you should be able to turn certain types of alerts off, I personally wouldn't use about a third of these options, and work on adding a few more. Maybe have one for when someone posts in one of your subscribed threads?

Psychotic Joke's Partner

Dapper Dabbler

14,975 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
YES~~ LOVE XD
Lass Uns Tanzen, oder Ficken, oder Beides...

I don't think I've gotten an update yet, but I would love to see the Posting and being Quoted.
Denn morgen sind wir Tot.
Teh Savior
I'm hesitant to enable this feature, just on account of the size of my friendlist.

How intrusive will this feature be for those of us with a rather large collection of friends?

Well, if you're on a single page you'll see a maximum of 10 alerts in 20 min. If you're browsing around, you may see a little more... I guess we'll need to add an option to turn on/off

Familiar Informer

This idea is pretty nice.
I would love to know when people or quoting or responding.
Oh and of you could make them, make a small noise when it pops up that would be great.
Sometimes I busy working on something I won't see the small pop up.
But make sure that you can turn off and on the noise as it could get quite annoying after a while.

5,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I love this feature! heart Awesome! 3nodding

Interesting Citizen

5,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
OMG I want to know when I am quoted... I love you guys
Thanks to all for the wonderful comments, it made my day to hear from the community that most of you liked this feature.

From what I gather, most folks don't care about when someone updates their avatar/profile, so most likely will turn that off... and add an alert for when you're quoted in the forums.

But what about when your friend comes online? I hear some divided opinions about this... Yeah I know it would be good to have a setting for each one of these, but it may take a little while for that. In the meantime, would it be too annoying to have that on?

Aged Gaian

5,500 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
great idea,thats a real life saver to me,but you should also add a way for you to turn on and off some of them for an ex: friends loging in, someone pmed me on the rest off. understand cuz i really would not like to get a lil message EVERY time my friends post something

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Profitable 100
Oooh! I have another idea for a use for this, I'd really like it if I could get notifications of a new post in my guilds that I'm Captain, vice captain, or crew for, and also join requests for those guilds. That would be sooo convent and great. Especially this isn't put in our regular notifications section. Please consider it heart

Shameless Man-Lover

8,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tycoon 200
I would like to see alerts to when people reply to a subscribed thread

Wistful Conversationalist

20,325 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
i like this one.

get a notification when a Friend comes online (logs into the site)

Shirtless Fairy

11,450 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Friend comes online (logs into the site)
* Friend replies to your topic
* Someone quotes me in forum

There are good ideas!!
I think Market notifications would be helpful, instead of PM's UNLESS you are offline. Or like, when you get a trade request.
The "when friends go online" would be AMAZING!

You should be allowed to toggle whether or not you want it though because some people's gaia lives are TOO active. Also, you should be able to pick which features you DO want to be notified on.

I haven't been on enough for the pop-up too come on yet, though. Lol.

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
blaugh biggrin I LOVE this idea-especially for forum topic alerts! Gaia Staff- DON'T JUST MAKE THE FORUM TOPICS ALERTS FRIEND ONLY-MAKE IT FOR ANY GAIAN THAT POSTS ON YOUR TOPIC-PLEASE! biggrin blaugh
When you have an important question-like for zOMG advice-it would be nice to know the moment someone responds so that you are not forever going from the zOMG window to your internet window and back all the time! This feature would be of significant benefit to not always have to keep a tab open on your topic in order to check up on it, instead you would be able to browse and play on other Gaia events on the site with less internet tabs. Keep up the awesome work Gaia team, you guys and girls are TOTALLY AWESOME! biggrin 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff