Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Which types of notifications would you like to see most?

Friend posts a forum topic 0.049833887043189 5.0% [ 210 ]
Friend updates avatar/profile 0.036544850498339 3.7% [ 154 ]
I get a pm from someone 0.25272899857617 25.3% [ 1065 ]
Friend logs into site 0.21120075937352 21.1% [ 890 ]
Someone replies to my topic 0.17940199335548 17.9% [ 756 ]
Someone quotes me in forums 0.17370669197912 17.4% [ 732 ]
these alerts are annoying, I don't need them 0.096582819174181 9.7% [ 407 ]
Total Votes:[ 4214 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 50 51 52 >

Shirtless Fatcat

7,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
its doing this now {"status":"ok","data":{"message":"x-McLOV3N</b> updated their avatar"}}
/has been said before. But I'm repeating it for emphasis. If it was fixed, I'd think about reactivation.

Activated. Repeats a person updating avi and/or forum topics. Annoyed. Deactivated. End of story.

Familiar Wolf

keep it up guys this programming is awesome I can see it developed in the future of gaia exclaim
sometimes i get updated on people who are logged off.. its pretty annoying because i fall for it and check if they're online but theyre not :/

Beloved Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
I do kinda wish that is popped up on the footer. rather then in thin air, cause it vanishes quite fast. the footer would be better like if it just scrolled up in a mini window saying you got something. That I believe would be an even better rout to go.

Anxious Swapper

8,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Timid 100
Sometimes it's annoying because the notification is really big so it sometimes blocks me from doing some things..

Desirable Nymph

I really like this.

abracafy's BFF

Premium Fairy

User Image User Image User Image
nom nom nom...
User Image
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I used to love these notifications. Now it only gives me notifications about one friend, even if more than one of my friends are logged in. Also, it only ever updates me about avatar updates. Yesterday on every screen I was on it would pop up that my friend updated her avatar, even though she had done that hours ago.

Maybe you could try getting it so it'll only update like 3 times and then stop telling you that. Otherwise, I feel like this feature has a lot of potential.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
User Image
User Image User Image User Image
... nom nom nom

Mega Member

Cherry_chain
Is there any way to select what we want to be notified on?

I'd like to know when I get PMs for example, but I really could care less if any of my 30+ friends makes a post a minute
[/ranting]
This! I definitely only care if it's someone quoting me or someone sending me a PM, otherwise that'd get very annoying. xD But I'mma try it out, see how it works.

Anxious Friend

I LOVE this feature and really feel it has great potential. I sure do hope it's being worked on still!!

Timid Loiterer

11,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I like these. I think it is a good idea to make it so you can choose which things you would like to be notified of, and then add more options.

Also, I'd personally like to see these notifications last maybe 1-3 more seconds. They appear and go away before I get a chance to read them (/decide if I want to click them) and sometimes before I get a chance to notice them.

O.G. Prophet

4,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Person of Interest 200
I like this but I rarely see it and when I do its about someone changing their profile. I would rather have an option on what I want to pop up. Ima guildy rper and I would like it if someone quotes me it pops up or if someone posts in my guilds that would be more benifishial to me but I like the option to chose what I want to pop up.

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

13,100 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
it was nice knowing someone updated their avatar profile. But, i have many friends and i want to copy and paste their name, i don't have enough time.

I wish i can click on it. or i can have an option to keep a list on the side.

otherwise, i think these two options is useless.

Beloved Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
I like these, but I wish you could exit out of them and didn't have to wait for them to fade. biggrin

Unforgiving Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
I tried this thinking it would be awesome, but I have been on gaia for a LONG time hence I have A LOT of friend from zOMG and such. But I am also a addicted roleplayer. I got this thinking it would give me notifications on when i get a rp message, when i would be quoted in forums or someone makes a reply to a topic, or maybe when there is a staff updates. I had to deactivate it because I was being lagged by useless crap like my friend changed their avi, whoopdidoo give them a prize, I have too many friends to care. Plus even people without plenty of gaian on their friendslist could care less also. I want to be able to control what I get from the notifications. If I got that it would be worth it to disable those stupid friend activity that spams me. If that happens then I would be more than happy. At this rate it is terrible.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff