Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Which types of notifications would you like to see most?

Friend posts a forum topic 0.050268423621279 5.0% [ 206 ]
Friend updates avatar/profile 0.037091264031235 3.7% [ 152 ]
I get a pm from someone 0.24865788189361 24.9% [ 1019 ]
Friend logs into site 0.21400683260127 21.4% [ 877 ]
Someone replies to my topic 0.18130795510005 18.1% [ 743 ]
Someone quotes me in forums 0.17130307467057 17.1% [ 702 ]
these alerts are annoying, I don't need them 0.097364568081991 9.7% [ 399 ]
Total Votes:[ 4098 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 50 51 52 >
if anyone responds to your post would be good. It doesn't work for me for some reason but I know I would LOVE it!

Blessed Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200
this is really great. its better thatn constantly refreshing the page.
This used to work for me but now I only get a message stating that an error occured. Is anyone else having this issue?

Man-Hungry Millionaire

I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHEN SOMEONE UPDATES THEIR AVATAR. Seriously. Every 2 damn minutes, I get this notification. If we had the option to choose what we want to get notifications for, that would rock.
the same ones keep popping up when the person it's talking about isn't even doing anything anymore. this is getting annoying

Beloved Friend

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200
alexbenjamen
When you turn this on, you'll see what your friends are doing while online or when you get a pm - you'll get an alert in the upper right hand corner and it will fade away in a few seconds. So for example, if one of your friends posts a new topic in the forums, you'll know about it right away and will be able to click on the alert to read the post.

There are 3 notifications currently:
1. New forum topic
2. Avater/profile update
3. Private message

If I get positive comments about it, will be planning on adding these notifications:
* Friend comes online (logs into the site)
* Friend replies to your topic
* Someone quotes me in forum

What other events would you like to see?
when people comment on profile

Dapper Borg

7,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
Right now, this feature's really irritating me. It keeps announcing the same thing endlessly. Yes, I know my friend changed their avatar. Only, I know they're not constantly changing it because they're not online!!!

I had to turn it off.

Dapper Smoker

6,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
So I tried this and had to turn it off. It's being glitchy, and keeps saying the same person updated their avatar over and over. Personally I really don't care if one of my friends updated their avatar. I like the ideas of being immediately notified if I've been quoted or pmed though. Also when friends post a new topic. But the repeating itself constantly needs to stop.

Dapper Smoker

6,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
P u r e E x i s t e n c e
when people comment on profile

alexbenjamen

Agreed.

Invisible Raider

7,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Voter 100
alexbenjamen
When you turn this on, you'll see what your friends are doing while online or when you get a pm - you'll get an alert in the upper right hand corner and it will fade away in a few seconds. So for example, if one of your friends posts a new topic in the forums, you'll know about it right away and will be able to click on the alert to read the post.

There are 3 notifications currently:
1. New forum topic
2. Avater/profile update
3. Private message

If I get positive comments about it, will be planning on adding these notifications:
* Friend comes online (logs into the site)
* Friend replies to your topic
* Someone quotes me in forum

What other events would you like to see?

When i had this on. Once someone PM'd me. i notified me Multiple times even AFTER i have looked at the message. People seem to change there avi all the time so i think that maybe you should make a whole new toolbar for this one
Will you ever fix how it only pops up saying this, "(username) has updated their avitar", every two to three minutes? In addition when it says this, the person who updated their avitar is not even online and/or has not been online for a whole day!! It just makes me so mad because it is a great idea but there is that one huge glitch that needs to be fixed ASAP! I bet almost all the gaians would use this if it worked properly! Now, I am going to stop typing because I am getting super angry just thinking about how great it would be if it did not have that STUPID FREAKING GLITCH !

Shameless Lover

No matter what the notification is, it just keeps repeating it every couple of minutes @.@

I turned it off...

Familiar Lover

Bumblebear319
This used to work for me but now I only get a message stating that an error occured. Is anyone else having this issue?
I got this today, too. The message reads:
Quote:
{"status":"ok","data":{"message":false}}

P.S. I like the feature pretty well, otherwise. I think I'd mentioned before.

Fuzzy Fatcat

9,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I keep getting that thing pop up mad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff